View Poll Results: Satisfied with your hunter?

Voters
337. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    126 37.39%
  • No

    211 62.61%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Iellessa View Post
    I am not sure how I feel about the hunter. I really do love playing the class, but admittedly BM feels very clunky to me. I prefer Survival a lot. What I DO absolutely love is the utility that comes with the new talent system. For example, for WoTE, I play a certain strange mixture of BM and Surv and am comparably happy with it. The ability to respecc for every boss basically is pretty cool. I do feel that it requires a lot more concentration and 'skill' to play a hunter well now than it did during WOTLK or Cata.

    However, I sometimes feel a little stupid during the execute-phases when my KS hits for 50k or so. Explo, imho, could use a little buff as well. But overall, I am pretty much happy. Just in Arena I feel like "omfg wtf so many buttons aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh help help what am I doing, oh noes?" But, more than likely that's just me being a newb and not the fact that anything is wrong with hunters in the arena. :P
    I went back to SV after playing BM through the whole expansion and a while at 90. Despite SV supposedly being less dps, it suits my personal play style better and actually improved my DPS. Use GT, MoC, DB. Use askmrrobot for gemming/reforges.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Tariz View Post
    Am I the only one not satisfied with hunters? I'm not a big BM fan and never will be. Being forced to play this spec for just about every fight AND pvp is extremely irritating. Pvp wise there's too much pet managing since people are smart enough to focus our pets first now, and way too many buttons. Pve wise we have to press more buttons than other classes and still dont perform as well and mostly end up middle/bottom of the charts.

    Idk, I just dont find this class fun anymore and may just reroll
    Raid wise so far in MV I've found that I've been 50/50 with BM/SV . So I have not been "forced" to play as BM. In fact when spamming 5 mans T stick with SV as its aoe is still OP.
    I don't PvP anymore, it's not because of the class I just don't have the time to anymore.
    Middle to bottom of the charts? My raids I'm in close third behind a lock and DK, with our two mages nipping at our heals. I do not claim to be the best hunter out there by any means but if we are middle to bottom of the chart your either in a top end progression group or doing something wrong.
    I'm not totally satisfied with where we are right now, but 5.1 and our movement buff should help this quite a bit.
    Say what you have to say, not what you ought.
    Any truth is better than make-believe.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by baan View Post
    Middle to bottom of the charts? My raids I'm in close third behind a lock and DK, with our two mages nipping at our heals.
    Exactly. It seems like people are still overreacting about SimCraft's initial publication on 5.0 where all three hunter specs were near the bottom. In reality, I have seem hunters absolutely crushing DPS in our 25 man raids.

    I'd be interested to see what people deem as "satisfied" according to this poll. So many of the gripes seem to be DPS-related, or asking to have hunters be just as good at XYZ mechanic as every other class so that it's the World of Fair-craft.

  4. #24
    im glad my guild lets me play SV cause i dont really like BM. so far i have been able to do decent compared too the rest. although on some fights im clearly lacking.

  5. #25
    Satisfied? Yes, but I do feel that in a competitive level we lack a bit of performance compared to other classes.

    I do miss playing MM tho :P

  6. #26
    Looking at a few stats hunters aren't bad, but not brilliant either. We're mostly middle-to-upper pack, with the exception of a few outright awful fights for hunters. Stone Guards, Will of the Emperor and Garalon are genuinely bad for us. The whole design of the encounters goes against everything hunters are good at.

    We have no outrageously OP multi-dotting, no free cleaves and we're not the best (but far from the worst) at single target. We're all-rounders, with no real gimmick that boss encounters make use of. We're not going to be topping the meters any time soon, but we're hardly an embarrassment except for the fights I mentioned.

  7. #27
    Loving BM right now, always top dps, would switch back to Survival though if BM was nerfed, i win either way! Also i dont PvP, so dont care about that aspect of the game, to controversial and unbalanced, if i want to do some PvP, i go play Counterstrike.
    Last edited by FyreRT; 2012-11-19 at 04:00 PM.

  8. #28
    Overall, factoring in the current PvE and PvP state of the game, I'm not happy, yet not disappointed with the class right now - I guess I'll say 'no' to this question.

    In PvE, we're far from absolutely amazing and being one of the classes that are most desired. My guild is a 6/6 MSV 25HC and 1/6 HOF HC, and raiding seems alright so far, our hunters are all doing well.

    As far as PvP goes, I'm a bit more worried about the whole BM situation, as I've always preferred MM. Obviously, we're all given very little choice right now as BM is the best spec for this area of the game, and I just miss MM - I guess it's because I've always liked it more over the many years, so I've developed a preference for it. I've been 2300-2400 in every season in 3's, and I haven't found arenas very fun lately with the current state of overall PvP, which is just ridiculous.

    Hybrids doing so much healing and warriors having the sustained pressure are some of the things that are putting me off in this season, so I've been a bit more relaxed and all.

  9. #29
    I'm not satisfied but I don't think the sky is falling either.

    We're one of the weaker DPS classes, but we're still more than good enough for progression.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Speaking strictly from a raiding standpoint, I'm mildly dissatisfied. The class plays great, I love our mechanics and rotations (BM rotation blows, but it's still better than most classes). The only issue is that we are very poorly tuned, and can't really keep up with Mages/Rogues/Locks/DKs. I'm the best geared DPS in my guild by a fair margin, I put up top 10 Survival parses on a regular basis, and I struggle to be middle of the pack most of the time. It's pretty depressing.

    I love the class, I really do. I just wish we got some small buffs so I was actually competitive.
    Death Jesters Marxman? I know of you from watching Towelie's stream, if you're the same guy

    Also: I just don't feel like with all the things we have to do to maximize our dps, is rewarding as it should be. I'm not asking to go back to the T11/T12 days where we topped almost every fight as MM (although that would be nice) just a little love for the effort we put in.

  11. #31
    Well from this poll we can clearly see that blizz will never see this poll xD

    I guess it is obvious a lot of hunters ain't happy with their class.
    Tinker + Alchemist in a single class:
    Tank spec: robotics, steampunk hammers/chainsaws, grappling hooks and heavy machinery.
    Melee dps spec: doping yourself with chems and tossing vicious acids on the enemies.
    Ranged dps: rockets, lasers, TNT critters and explosives, shrink rays and sapper mines.
    Healing spec: chemical sprays, needles, exploding flasks and other chemical type abilities to heal.

  12. #32
    Pure facts can never be wrong, we are terrible. http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_...14/30/default/

    The above show heroic 25man passes the past month. Our two "viable" specs are the worst in the game, MM is obviously not even measured.

    I like the Survival playstyle, but sadly the dps is not competitive at all. From my view the issue comes mainly from Heroism, we gain SO little during that phase in a fight. I see mages skyrock due to them gaining tons from the faster cast time.

    All I get as survival is a bit faster autoshot and a couple of cobrashots because I'm too busy pressing the 20 instant attacks that light up all the time to actually benefit much.
    Last edited by Nelle; 2012-11-20 at 01:38 AM.

    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Pure facts can never be wrong, we are terrible. http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_...14/30/default/

    The above show heroic 25man top100 passes the past month. Our two "viable" specs are the worst in the game, MM is obviously not even measured.

    I like the Survival playstyle, but sadly the dps is not competitive at all. From my view the issue comes mainly from Heroism, we gain SO little during that phase in a fight. I see mages skyrock due to them gaining tons from the faster cast time.

    All I get as survival is a bit faster autoshot and a couple of cobrashots because I'm too busy pressing the 20 instant attacks that light up all the time to actually benefit much.
    made me tear up a little tbh, didnt think it was THAT bad

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Tariz View Post
    made me tear up a little tbh, didnt think it was THAT bad
    Well... today I got an orange rank on surv and our other hunter on BM, yet still we were only 7th and 11th on DPS. This is as bad as it gets really.
    Champion of the Naaru | Hand of A'dal | Twilight Vanquisher | the Astral Walker | the Light of Dawn | Dragonslayer | Firelord | Savior of Azeroth

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Well... today I got an orange rank on surv and our other hunter on BM, yet still we were only 7th and 11th on DPS. This is as bad as it gets really.
    Reminds me of earlier this week when I got Rank1 with like 63k dps on Blade Lord Ta'yak 25man heroic, after spending time inside a tornado in the last phase, then checked and only 3 Survival hunters even have a kill

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...rvival_Hunter/

    No MM hunters have ever killed him on 25man HC - So whoever spec that next week and shoot a single arrow will get a rank1 and claim they are best MM hunter in the world.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...anship_Hunter/

    Survival and MM Hunters in PvE atm reminds me so much of this picture:

    Last edited by Nelle; 2012-11-20 at 01:53 AM.

    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

  16. #36
    I swapped from my mage of 6 years to play my hunter for MoP (which was played almost as much as my mage anyway outside of raiding). While I'm loving the class, I am finding it a bit hard to see my mage sitting there idle knowing I could pull way better numbers for my guild if I ran him. Having said that, I am playing my Hunter because I enjoy the class rather than saying " Oh, mages are OP and smashing the charts" and playing the flavour of the expansion. If we can just get a bit of a boost from Blizz I would be happier, but I sit in the top 3 for my guild anyway so its not as bad as it sometimes seems.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Reminds me of earlier this week when I got Rank1 with like 63k dps on Blade Lord Ta'yak 25man heroic, after spending time inside a tornado in the last phase, then checked and only 3 Survival hunters even have a kill

    /snip

    Survival and MM Hunters in PvE atm reminds me so much of this picture:

    /snip funny picture
    It's more like.. Special Olympics is indeed MM.

    The normal Olympics contains mostly BM, with the odd Survival here and there, because most of the Survival failed to qualify.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site || Stream: 5-9pm PST Tues/Wed/Thurs || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355

  18. #38
    We aren't overpowered, we aren't underpowered. We perform very well on the fights that cater to our strengths, just like other classes. The reason we are doing so poorly this tier is because many of the fights have a 2 target cleave mechanic, which is by far our weakest point. Single Target BM is competitive, AoE we are one of the strongest, behind DK's/Tank Monks.

    The issue is not where hunters are, it's where other classes are. The current top end classes just need to be toned down right now. Mages, Warriors, Warlocks are all far and above where other classes are.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Pure facts can never be wrong, we are terrible. http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_...14/30/default/

    The above show heroic 25man passes the past month. Our two "viable" specs are the worst in the game, MM is obviously not even measured.

    I like the Survival playstyle, but sadly the dps is not competitive at all. From my view the issue comes mainly from Heroism, we gain SO little during that phase in a fight. I see mages skyrock due to them gaining tons from the faster cast time.

    All I get as survival is a bit faster autoshot and a couple of cobrashots because I'm too busy pressing the 20 instant attacks that light up all the time to actually benefit much.
    There are no "Pure facts" in that link. Linking to an overall look at all bosses? Of course we're going to be doing badly. If you go individual you will see we are towards the top on many fights. The link you provided is NOT a good indication of DPS this tier.

    Right now the fix Hunters need, if any, is to make Survival a multidot spec. Remove the CD on Black Arrow, and allow us to keep dots up on multiple targets. Our problems are solved if that were to happen.

  19. #39
    Brewmaster Marxman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Arktem View Post
    We aren't overpowered, we aren't underpowered. We perform very well on the fights that cater to our strengths, just like other classes. The reason we are doing so poorly this tier is because many of the fights have a 2 target cleave mechanic, which is by far our weakest point. Single Target BM is competitive, AoE we are one of the strongest, behind DK's/Tank Monks.

    The issue is not where hunters are, it's where other classes are. The current top end classes just need to be toned down right now. Mages, Warriors, Warlocks are all far and above where other classes are.
    It's much easier for Blizzard to buff one class than to nerf 4-5 others (which would also probably require encounters to be tuned down as well) since so many classes are "overtuned" as you put it. The only spec right now that truly is overtuned is Fire Mage. All of the others that you say are overtuned are actually correctly tuned. Hunters and to a lesser extent Shaman and Ret Paladins are simply undertuned at the moment, and it definitely shows.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tariz View Post
    Death Jesters Marxman? I know of you from watching Towelie's stream, if you're the same guy
    That's me.

  20. #40
    it plays pretty well, we are simply tuned awfully. When hunters with top parses are destroyed by other classes in almost every encounter there is something wrong.
    Heltobob EU - Blackrock
    Most people who see Pokemon aren't taken seriously. I'm one of the ones who does thorough investigations though as I've had many encounters with Pokemon throughout my life. Even today there was a wild Pidgey in the trees. It could have just been a crow, but I'm pretty sure it was a Pidgey. Pokemon absolutely exist. (Letmesleep in the "I have a ghost." thread)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •