View Poll Results: Satisfied with your hunter?

Voters
337. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    126 37.39%
  • No

    211 62.61%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Exactly. It seems like people are still overreacting about SimCraft's initial publication on 5.0 where all three hunter specs were near the bottom. In reality, I have seem hunters absolutely crushing DPS in our 25 man raids.

    I'd be interested to see what people deem as "satisfied" according to this poll. So many of the gripes seem to be DPS-related, or asking to have hunters be just as good at XYZ mechanic as every other class so that it's the World of Fair-craft.
    Your guild should seriously replace those mages.

  2. #82
    I'm currently very happy with Hunters. I'd take a slight DPS buff but I'm not that fussed.

    The only two things that are absolutely doing my head in are Dire Beast being on the global cooldown and every spec having Readiness. The 2nd point especially is just a bad idea. The amount of tiny cooldowns we have to juggle around are a little bit over the top. If I could at least just macro Dire Beast to something I would be very happy.
    Bovan.9481
    Completed legendaries: Twilight, Sunrise (Eternity), Bolt, The Juggernaut, Howler.
    Current projects: Frostfang, full ascended medium armor, versatile mighty infusions.

  3. #83
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    The only two things that are absolutely doing my head in are Dire Beast being on the global cooldown and every spec having Readiness. The 2nd point especially is just a bad idea. The amount of tiny cooldowns we have to juggle around are a little bit over the top. If I could at least just macro Dire Beast to something I would be very happy.
    I kinda thought the same way, but now after raiding with SV and BM for a few months things are really starting to fall in to place. Yes, it might be a lot for a new person, but tbh, that shouldn't be a reason for it to be changed/nerfed/buffed, the QoL things.

    As dps, I don't like how we are doing, since as soon as there is multi dotting/cleaving our single target that already isn't the best, goes down (compared to the rest of the raid) and we don't really have any special awesome job on most bosses anymore that makes it valid for us to get brought with. Detterence should work on a lot more things in a PvE environment, and the damage reduction part should only really be useful if we have dots on us, not the actually damage taken from the source.

    But, I won't change dps class, I like my hunter, I like how they play now after really getting in to it. The dps isn't AWFUL but it could be better without being overpowered.

  4. #84
    Pit Lord Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Post-Apocalyptic America
    Posts
    2,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    I kinda thought the same way, but now after raiding with SV and BM for a few months things are really starting to fall in to place. Yes, it might be a lot for a new person, but tbh, that shouldn't be a reason for it to be changed/nerfed/buffed, the QoL things.

    As dps, I don't like how we are doing, since as soon as there is multi dotting/cleaving our single target that already isn't the best, goes down (compared to the rest of the raid) and we don't really have any special awesome job on most bosses anymore that makes it valid for us to get brought with. Detterence should work on a lot more things in a PvE environment, and the damage reduction part should only really be useful if we have dots on us, not the actually damage taken from the source.

    But, I won't change dps class, I like my hunter, I like how they play now after really getting in to it. The dps isn't AWFUL but it could be better without being overpowered.
    Yeah I love how the class plays I just think we definitely need a dps buff to make up for our crappy utility.

  5. #85
    Jesus sweaty balls, i just dinged 90 as SV, and god damn, theres a whole keyboard of binds.
    I counted 11 buttons that I need to constantly push during the whole fight, and that not even taking traps and aspects and cc in consideration.
    Meanwhile, my main (a fury warrior) have 7 buttons, and my 3 cooldowns don't have GCD, so I can macro them in one button.

  6. #86
    Black Arrow/Explo Trap (1), Explo Shot (2), Serpent sting (3), Arcane Shot (4), Cobra shot (5), Glaive toss (6), Murder of Crows (7), Dire Beast (8), Stampede (9), Rapid Fire (10) Readiness (11), Killshot (12) Plus 5 traps (Or the trap drop out menu) plus 5 summonable pets (or the pet drop out menu) plus Misdirect, plus feign death, and res pet. that's 25 keybinds, or condensable to 17. Add Scatter shot, Silencing shot, Disengage, Deterrence, mend pet We're up to 30 or 22 keybinds.

    My Fire mage's bars look barren next to my hunter's bars.

    This thanksgiving I'm thankful for hideable bars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

  7. #87
    Pit Lord Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Post-Apocalyptic America
    Posts
    2,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    Black Arrow/Explo Trap (1), Explo Shot (2), Serpent sting (3), Arcane Shot (4), Cobra shot (5), Glaive toss (6), Murder of Crows (7), Dire Beast (8), Stampede (9), Rapid Fire (10) Readiness (11), Killshot (12) Plus 5 traps (Or the trap drop out menu) plus 5 summonable pets (or the pet drop out menu) plus Misdirect, plus feign death, and res pet. that's 25 keybinds, or condensable to 17. Add Scatter shot, Silencing shot, Disengage, Deterrence, mend pet We're up to 30 or 22 keybinds.

    My Fire mage's bars look barren next to my hunter's bars.

    This thanksgiving I'm thankful for hideable bars.
    haha yeah it feels weird going to a different class and not having enough relevant abilities to fill up my bars, whereas on my hunter I don't have enough room. Although Blizzard has done a good job of making alot of our abilities have uses in raids.

  8. #88
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    3,805
    I'm leveling up my ele shaman right now, and my bars are cluttered up with a bunch of totems, but I never have to press any of them. LoL. I press like 4-5 buttons.

  9. #89
    I haven't played my BM Hunter much since MoP launched but man, there really are too many buttons! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  10. #90
    Bloodsail Admiral Chickensoup23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    egypt
    Posts
    1,193
    Oh...buttons...so many to press


  11. #91
    I'd like to play MM for both pvp and pve but it's just not possible. MM is miles behind the fotm BM, playing it just gimps you. At least Surv is alright for pve, which I play.

    BM is just...annoying. Your steady damage is utter crap, until you pop cds and faceroll something in seconds. I don't find this to be a fun gameplay, I can't blow cds for every mob or player and tickling the enemy for a long time is very annoying.

  12. #92
    I really don't think BM beats out SV in PvE anymore. I raid SV and so do all the very top progression Hunters. SV just needed more gear to compete than BM did. Now that the tier has been out for awhile and Hunters are geared up, I find SV to be dumping all over BM in AoE and single target.

    Speaking of AoE, is SV the strongest AoE in the game right now? I'm literally a couple hundred thousand DPS ahead of anyone I've raided with in guilds or pugs just from popping blood fury and thrill of the hunt MS procs. It's stupid amounts of damage.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    I really don't think BM beats out SV in PvE anymore. I raid SV and so do all the very top progression Hunters. SV just needed more gear to compete than BM did. Now that the tier has been out for awhile and Hunters are geared up, I find SV to be dumping all over BM in AoE and single target.

    Speaking of AoE, is SV the strongest AoE in the game right now? I'm literally a couple hundred thousand DPS ahead of anyone I've raided with in guilds or pugs just from popping blood fury and thrill of the hunt MS procs. It's stupid amounts of damage.
    The sims at the start of the raid tier only had BM ahead by a k or 2 (in BiS heroic gear), when specs are that close the more familiar/easier to play spec will usually win out a high percentage of the time even if its the 'lower' of the two specs.

    I really like playing Surv too so i'm quite happy that its so viable still.

  14. #94
    I absolutely hate readiness. It overcomplicates a class that already has too many short-therm cooldowns, in fact doubles them on some pulls.

    Besides that, i am loving my SV hunter. The only part i realy dislike is the cooldowns coupled with readiness, its just a hassle to open a fight with so many cooldowns to press before going into your normal priority-based rotation.

    Love the Single target => AOE transition rotation
    Love the flow of the explosive shot-arcane shot-cobra shot-black arrow procs
    Love the mobility

    Absolutely HATE the pet micro-management that feels like its just bad encounter design tough. There are fights i have to keep my pet into passive mode for a few seconds just to avoid some encounter mechanics and the pet dying, on top of my own positioning and encounter mechanics. It feels that i have to keep track of two players (me and my pet) while everyone just needs to mind their own business.
    This could be avoided if there was a faster way to re-summon the pet. If we lose our pet (not by our own mistakes, but by clumsy encounter mechanics), re-summoning him takes way too much penalty to our damage.


    Im sum, we just need a better (aka faster) way to keep our pet active, lose some of the complexity of too much cooldowns+readines (hint: lose readiness!), and the rest is just sweet imho. Slightly more dps would be OK, but it seems its other classes (hint: warlocks + mages) that are OP and not hunters that are underpowered (except MM...).

  15. #95
    Brewmaster xindykawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lost in the twisting nether
    Posts
    1,485
    i would say yes !!
    i havent tuch my Hunter since LK o.o... and i just start playing it, and, i just love it !, first i was MM, but i just try BM and im in love ! I got loque'anak 2 weeks ago so ive stay BM since then, i dont do pvp on that toon, simply dunngeon and daily quest (since its not my main hehe) but yeah, im 100% satisfied of my hunter

    and for the short time CD issue, ive made some burst macro that help a lot !!
    Last edited by xindykawai; 2012-11-26 at 02:19 PM.

  16. #96
    xindykawai
    We are here speaking about PVE and PVP on middle/high skill. SO your vote cannot be taken as serious. Sorry for that. Hunters = broken class.

    But Yes for dungeon and daily quests it is much better than mage/monk/war (LOL).

    Yes, Readiness for all spec was really bad idea.

    I voted NO!

    And I no longer play hunter as main.
    Last edited by Mnaaucici; 2012-11-26 at 02:49 PM.

  17. #97
    Brewmaster xindykawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lost in the twisting nether
    Posts
    1,485
    mkay ....

  18. #98
    But I love your Painted Tauren. Really nice job. Sorry for of-topic.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    I really don't think BM beats out SV in PvE anymore. I raid SV and so do all the very top progression Hunters. SV just needed more gear to compete than BM did. Now that the tier has been out for awhile and Hunters are geared up, I find SV to be dumping all over BM in AoE and single target.

    Speaking of AoE, is SV the strongest AoE in the game right now? I'm literally a couple hundred thousand DPS ahead of anyone I've raided with in guilds or pugs just from popping blood fury and thrill of the hunt MS procs. It's stupid amounts of damage.

    You're pretty much wrong on every account here. BM destroys the other two specs in single target. And Surv AOE is really only good when you have 20+ mobs (aka Feng in MV). Most of the top hunter DO NOT play SV except maybe for a few oddball fights here and there, they play BM by an overwhelming margin. Peruse through the top guilds and check out their hunters, most of them will be BM. BM is our top damage spec barring no gimmicky AOE. And if you're beating people in AOE THAT bad as Surv then your DKs, moonkins, mages, and warriors are doing something wrong.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    I really don't think BM beats out SV in PvE anymore. I raid SV and so do all the very top progression Hunters. SV just needed more gear to compete than BM did. Now that the tier has been out for awhile and Hunters are geared up, I find SV to be dumping all over BM in AoE and single target.

    Speaking of AoE, is SV the strongest AoE in the game right now? I'm literally a couple hundred thousand DPS ahead of anyone I've raided with in guilds or pugs just from popping blood fury and thrill of the hunt MS procs. It's stupid amounts of damage.
    Any examples of said top hunters? And any log of them compared to BM hunters?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •