Poll: Satisfied with your hunter?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I think GC said that hunter dps is ok on some fights but never top on many. AotF removal will be a buff overall - whether they are testing the waters to see if this is enough overall or not. BM is such a single dimension spec in that its good at single target (although other classes are better) and utterly dire at aoe/multi add fights, we get destroyed by cleavers, multi dotters. It seems every class has some form of decent cleave mechanic in their arsenal, I wonder if Blizz will get around to eventually looking at this problem for hunters or balance in other areas - like they are with movement and DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    I think GC said that hunter dps is ok on some fights but never top on many.
    I hate to pick out one thing you said, but youll find a lot of people think that some of GCs statements over the last year or so re: hunters in PVE has made his opinion nearly redundant on anything related to the class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    I hate to pick out one thing you said, but youll find a lot of people think that some of GCs statements over the last year or so re: hunters in PVE has made his opinion nearly redundant on anything related to the class.
    I'd take his word over someone using SC and WoL to base their accusations off of. Most of the time he is speaking the truth.

Rogerbrown has some interesting views on hunters if you listen to the hunting party podcast - latest edition. He says hunters are ok but its just other classes can do everything that little better than us, its hard for equally geared/skilled groups having a hunter top the chart these days. We could really do with a cleave mechanic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tariz View Post
    Am I the only one not satisfied with hunters? I'm not a big BM fan and never will be. Being forced to play this spec for just about every fight AND pvp is extremely irritating. Pvp wise there's too much pet managing since people are smart enough to focus our pets first now, and way too many buttons. Pve wise we have to press more buttons than other classes and still dont perform as well and mostly end up middle/bottom of the charts. Idk, I just dont find this class fun anymore and may just reroll
    Can't agree more. Too.... Many... Buttons... Hunters are totally bloated with abilities. PvP Wise if I want to be prepared for any situation, I'll have to keybind about 35 spells. That is just not fun. I don't get this design choice, keep adding more abilities isn't a good thing to do. Especially if you eventually got spells that do basically the same goramn thing. Like a pet that damages your target, we have a whopping 4 abilities that do that, why... the.... hell.... If they'd fit into a decent rotation I guess it's not that bad, but they don't at all.

The BM PvE opening is really the worst rotation I've ever seen in WoW. Button smash fest, one mistake and your DPS goes to hell. Execute it perfectly and you're somewhat on par with other faceroll-easy classes. Nice...

Anyway, atm I'm not playing at all anymore. I like somewhat balanced PvP in where it matters when you use your abilities. Not the way it is now, everyone has a gazillion slows, stuns, etc.
    Last edited by mmoc1b829edf9e; 2012-11-20 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    I'd take his word over someone using SC and WoL to base their accusations off of. Most of the time he is speaking the truth.
    Each is an evil within itself.

GC uses parses from their internal software that runs the classes as if they had perfect rotations, no lag, perfect global synching etc etc. Which is impossible to replicate in the real world.

WoL etc only give you an idea of how classes are going RIGHT NOW and doesn't give an indication of the gear the person was wearing and so on.

However what the people who use WoL etc have over GC is they actually play the class and have an interest in how it works. Hunter has always seemed to be that red head step child class to GC, he doesn't go out of his way to damage it, but he doesn't seem to care what happens to it at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Each is an evil within itself.

GC uses parses from their internal software that runs the classes as if they had perfect rotations, no lag, perfect global synching etc etc. Which is impossible to replicate in the real world.

WoL etc only give you an idea of how classes are going RIGHT NOW and doesn't give an indication of the gear the person was wearing and so on.

However what the people who use WoL etc have over GC is they actually play the class and have an interest in how it works. Hunter has always seemed to be that red head step child class to GC, he doesn't go out of his way to damage it, but he doesn't seem to care what happens to it at all.
    We don't know what he uses. For all we know our scaling with gear might take us up quite a bit again... or he needs to pass whatever he's smoking to every hunter to make up for this shit.

Am I the only one not satisfied with hunters? I'm not a big BM fan and never will be. Being forced to play this spec for just about every fight AND pvp is extremely irritating. Pvp wise there's too much pet managing since people are smart enough to focus our pets first now, and way too many buttons. Pve wise we have to press more buttons than other classes and still dont perform as well and mostly end up middle/bottom of the charts.

Idk, I just dont find this class fun anymore and may just reroll
    IMO - BM is not fun, is not skilled, and is quite an embarrassment. Play Survival, you'll enjoy the game more. Even in PVP. You learn to kite with traps, Scattering Shot, etc., instead of jump around like an idiot while your pet kills things. PVE-wise, Survival DPS is right up there -

I've played hunter since WotLK release, enjoyed it - I enjoy it more now, the shot rotation is not boring, there's stuff to do, and it's not just an Arcane-focus-dump rotation.

GC has recently (Like, 5 hours ago on twitter) agreed that we have too many buttons.
    Now he didn't say anything beyond that, but atleast it's something.

I absolutely loathe the button mashy feeling of BM, popping all your lazers and going to town. I've always preferred a more rhythmic rotation, which is why I always love old MM with 8s ISS cycles, but yeah. SV is a good compromise.

BM if you don't nail the opening, your DPS plummets from the "top possible" mark whcih puts it barely above SV.

I voted yes because it's more or less in-between for me. I haven't pvp'd since TBC and won't even touch it with a 10 foot pole anymore, so I can't comment on that. I don't mind the amount of abilities at all but I do wish we would have better sustained damage. I haven't played SV or MM since I hit 90 as BM is still pretty much top dog for single target, though I've always liked SV the best since they killed armor pen MM. BM feels way too clunky right now, yeah sustained is really simple but it plays like shit IMHO. Not to mention, not all fights are friendly with our rather fucking crazy opener which is a huge detriment to our overall damage dealt.

Idk, I just dont find this class fun anymore and may just reroll
    I occasionally feel that way but I know that sooner or later whatever class I rerolled to would be in the same position so it's pointless... I prefer to just carry on and eventually things chane.

I like marksman but thrill of the hunt (talent) really ruins it, way too many free procs so i can't use steady shot so much for the instant aim shot.

The other 2 non-toth talents are too clunky...

murder of crow (w/e) should not cost so much focus.

I am mildly dissatisfied with hunters from a DPS standpoint, however I love the BM rotation. It feels rewarding and I like the whole short cooldown thing. Also that it is not as easy as Survival was in Dragon Soul, where it was arguably the easiest spec to play together with Arcane Mages, which nobody played. (I mean seriously, spam ES, use Black Arrow on cd, time cooldowns, focus with Cobra, dump with Arcane, master of Survival).

Many more abilities now, loving it.
    Would like to be higher at the meters, but I just gotta play better!

I will say that I love a lot of the quality of life changes that have been made to the class, especially with a few more to come:

-Pet Specs
    -No Dead Zone
    -No Quivers (I know this is old, but I've been playing that long)
    -Steady Shot & Cobra Shot being cast on the move (5.1)
    -Trap Launcher (Perma-Buff)

And various other small mechanic changes that have improved our general enjoyment. However, in terms of DPS and progression we have more buttons to press, more things to manage to just sit at the middle of the pack. A lot of people in these forums say, "I do just fine on DPS, always top 3, you're just doing something wrong." No, just no. Those people finishing top 3 DPS are because they people they are playing with are doing something wrong. When you get a top hunter parse for an encounter then see that you're still the 7th ranked class at that top end parse is absurd. Our DPS is in a horrible state at the moment even though we have more micro management.

Overall, no, I am not satisfied with my class at the moment. We still need some tuning in terms of damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by NGRazor
    If Russia suddenly put Satan in charge of their nukes and then they sent hellfire down on the Untied States, don't you think the U.S. would be pretty damn pissed when Russia said "well, we didn't know Satan would betray us."

Deleted
    I played in TBC where the situation was similar so maybe I just got used to BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    I played in TBC where the situation was similar so maybe I just got used to BM.
    Rofl, you mean back when we pressed 1 button with EVERYTHING macroed into it. Yeah HARD to get used to!

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    GC has recently (Like, 5 hours ago on twitter) agreed that we have too many buttons.
    Now he didn't say anything beyond that, but atleast it's something.
    Yep, just in case anyone missed it

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...94899179040768

Deleted
    To late. My Loved hunter is sleeping ...I am now very satisfied with Monk Healer. Just try it guys - I am recommend it to you. Very OP omg perfect super class (like Mages are).

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    (yes, I still play Marks, don't judge me, Monkey)
    I laughed so hard when I read that. Best. Movie. Ever.