Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Need PS3 game suggestions for 9 year old brother

So I'm buying my 9 year old brother a PS3 (he doesn't want a Wii U) for Christmas. I don't know what games to get a 9 year old. Any suggestions? He'd probably be fine playing Teen games... he's not completely ignorant to some things, but I don't know what games there are really. I know I'm getting him Fifa since he loves that.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    So I'm buying my 9 year old brother a PS3 (he doesn't want a Wii U) for Christmas. I don't know what games to get a 9 year old. Any suggestions? He'd probably be fine playing Teen games... he's not completely ignorant to some things, but I don't know what games there are really. I know I'm getting him Fifa since he loves that.
    Dark Souls and Demon's Souls! (not the best of ideas).

Pick up Little Big Planet, loved that game.

glad to have an 8 year old, gave me an excuse to try out lego batman 2. Decent game.

The lego games are pretty friggin' awesome, actually, on any system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Littlebigplanet Karting.

Playstation Allstars

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Littlebigplanet Karting.

Playstation Allstars
    Holy shit I didn't realize that game was out already (out tomorrow, same thing). Definitely getting that, Little Big Planet, and some Lego I guess. I've always avoided those Lego games for no reason, but since you guys suggested it I'll buy it.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I don't know, when I was 8 I was playing games like FFVIII, Metal Gear Solid, and Tomb Raider ( not the new one cause that seems pretty mature).

So I guess try some of those. You could also get him the Uncharted series. Soul Calibur V might be good. God of War might be a little mature so he should try it when he becomes 12.

EDIT: I just realized you said he will be ok with teen games. So uh yeah GoW is fine.
    Last edited by Xilurm; 2012-11-19 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I don't know, when I was 8 I was playing games like FFVIII, Metal Gear Solid, and Tomb Raider ( not the new one cause that seems pretty mature).

So I guess try some of those. You could also get him the Uncharted series. Soul Calibur V might be good. God of War might be a little mature so he should try it when he becomes 12.

EDIT: I just realized you said he will be ok with teen games. So uh yeah GoW is fine.
    I hope you're joking about GoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    I hope you're joking about GoW.
    Nope. I didn't have any problem playing it while I was a kid. Maybe get him the collection, that one ain't so gruesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Nope. I didn't have any problem playing it while I was a kid. Maybe get him the collection, that one ain't so gruesome.
    I agree with Xilurm GoW collection ain't so bloody compared to the third game, the boss fight with Poseidon is quite brutal and that's the first fight in the game

back to topic, Little Big Planet is a great game, Jak and Daxter also, if i'm not mistaken there's a collection for those games. Then there's always the lego games.

Deleted
    Call of duty, that's what all the 9 year olds play these days.

Little Big Planet, Little Big Planet 2 for sure (I totally love them, you can play them with anyone!)

There are some good racing games out there, too. I think there's the DTM series (If he's interested in racing)

There's also the Ratchet and Clank HD Collection, 3 games in 1, can't go wrong with that

Is there any game for the PS3 that's like NFS: Most Wanted? I remember loving that game on the PS2 when I was a kid. Not just racing, but having an open world where cops chase you and the point is just to evade for as long as you can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    the trick is to buy him something much to old for him that your parents wouldnt even consider, like GTA or something, then pat him on the head and say "you can handle it now your grown up" boom - your the coolest brother in the world after that

Quote Originally Posted by trebor View Post
    There's also the Ratchet and Clank HD Collection, 3 games in 1, can't go wrong with that
    I'll second Ratchet and Clank...kid friendly and good to boot cant really go wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Katamari! Super fun, great music, visually stimulating and addictive game play.

Also Little Big Planet is a great choice.

You could get him a racing game, such as Gran Tourismo or Need For Speed.

Since he is 9, i would try to avoid violent games for the sake that i remember at that age i liked to re-enact what ever i saw on my TV whether it was a game or movie or cartoon. Yeah, that caused a mess at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    I'll second Ratchet and Clank...kid friendly and good to boot cant really go wrong
    Yeah, I don't think the HD collection includes the PS3 titles though. Those were good fun. Would recommend them on top of the collection (Those ones are Ratchet and Clank Future) Prince of Persia is probably another good one, because while it is a parkour style game, it's very forgiving when you miss a step, and the enemies aren't people, so that makes it a bit more kid friendly for a game of its type.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll second Little Big Planet, Fifa and the Lego games! But isn't the first thing you do in God of War brutally smash a Hydra's head in and rip its eyes out or something? Not something I'd give to children.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should get him a Wii-U anyways, much more kid friendly imo and when more games come out he'll probably be so glad you didn't get a PS3.