Deleted

[TANK] Raid finder loot table

As soon as a boss in LFR dies the current spec you are in decides what kind of item you may get. As a tank you will never get items with crit or haste.

If you want to know if it is worth to toss a coin you can check the loot table for items.

Here is the full list excluding trinkets:
    http://www.wowhead.com/items?filter=...=0%3A0%3A1%3A1

Trinkets (currently one 10...just check whatever trinket you like, filtering on them is hard)
    http://www.wowhead.com/items=4.-4?fi...rs=-2323;crv=0

Only Tsulong and Elegon drop viable tank trinkets. Both of them are mastery. Viable stamina trinkets are the Darkmoon trinket and the Shadow Pan rep trinket.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2012-11-19 at 10:19 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    some information about what bosses are worth to give a shot with the extra roll, and what are not:

Basically, it depends on what you have. I'd not toss a coin on slots where I already have something similar / better (obviously), or where I could get something on another way. so, I'd not roll on anything that I could get via rep, crafting or on anything I have the boss on farm on normal / heroic mode.

so for rep (considering you going for the rep in the first place, not like me, I don't give a damn crap about rep in its current state), you most likely have this order in which you get your items - basically ordered in what rep you will have first.
    1) neck (klaxxi honored)
    2) belt and legs (klaxxi revered)
    3) ring (golden lotus honored)
    4) shoulders and chest (golden lotus revered)
    5) bracers (august celestials honored) and cloak (shado pan honored)
    6) trinket and helm (shado pan revered) and feet and hands (august celestials honored)

now you see, there are two slots completely missing: shield and weapon. so by any means (especially for the sha touched weapon), go for the bosses who drop weapons and shields with the roll first:
    priority being: sha of fear in terrace (sha touched), unsok in heart of fear and elegon in vaults.
    then in MSV at the spirit kings, there is our shield (and it is the only tank shield in this content).
    If I would have a blue weapon and a blue shield, I would save two rolls - one for the shield and one for sha of fear for my sha touched weapon.

the third roll I'd go with the reverse direction of the rep gains - but keep in mind:
    1) you can craft gloves and chest (if you're willing to invest some money)
    2) the trinkets are quite bad, because stamina is still quite strong, and raid trinkets don't have stamina at all.

so my priority from LFR after weapon and shield would be:
    1) helm (Sha of fear in terrace - T14 Helm) and feet (Garajal in MSV)
    2) bracers (Feng in MSV)
    3) Shoulders (Spirit Kings in MSV or Tajak in Heart of fear) and chest (will of the emperor in MSV or lei shi in terrace)
    4) Ring (Zorlok in Heart of fear and/or Elegon in MSV)
    5) legs (zorlok in Heart of fear) and belt (spirit guardians in MSV or Lei Shi / Tsulong in Terrace)
    6) neck (spirit guardians in MSV or protectors in terrace)

so after sha of fear and spirit kings, a good bet for using a roll is zorlok (because he drops two items) and feng and Garajal (because they drop two items which are quite late in the reputation grind. everything else is pretty much depending on what you get next and what you already have via rep and/or crafting, maybe even pvp gear (which is not bad if it has e.g. hit/mastery).

I personally wouldn't roll at spirit guardians for example, even though they drop two items, but both two items pretty much get first in the rep grind, due to being klaxxi rep.
    Last edited by xebtria; 2012-11-19 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    so for rep (considering you going for the rep in the first place, not like me, I don't give a damn crap about rep in its current state), you most likely have this order in which you get your items - basically ordered in what rep you will have first.
    1) neck (klaxxi honored)
    2) belt and legs (klaxxi revered)
    3) ring (golden lotus honored)
    4) shoulders and chest (golden lotus revered)
    5) bracers (august celestials honored) and cloak (shado pan honored)
    6) trinket and helm (shado pan revered) and feet and hands (august celestials honored)
    I went a bit different path. Free Golden Lotus neck at exalted > Klaxxi valor neck, so not wasting the valor on that. Ring and Cape came first as they were both cheaper solid upgrades, bracer next instead of legs to try and milk sha of anger set legs (eventually got the DPS ones, robbed of my set bonus but no dps stats on them at least), and trinket after that. The belt from MV is almost as good as valor belt so I would get that last IMO.

so my priority from LFR after weapon and shield would be:
    1) helm (Sha of fear in terrace - T14 Helm) and feet (Garajal in MSV)
    2) bracers (Feng in MSV)
    3) Shoulders (Spirit Kings in MSV or Tajak in Heart of fear) and chest (will of the emperor in MSV or lei shi in terrace)
    4) Ring (Zorlok in Heart of fear and/or Elegon in MSV)
    5) legs (zorlok in Heart of fear) and belt (spirit guardians in MSV or Lei Shi / Tsulong in Terrace)
    6) neck (spirit guardians in MSV or protectors in terrace)
    I agree on first rolls always going to Weapon/shield bosses, but after that I typically say Sha of anger (for set pieces) and whatever 2 bosses you're missing key pieces from. Due to quest rewards from Klaxxi/GL being 2 better (and free) items I would never put extra rolls to try and get a neck or ring personally.
    Garajal boots I don't give an extra roll to as they are just the 1 gem slot better than sha of anger quest boots.

Assuming you get the cheaper upgrades from Valor first + the different quest rewards the key slots to worry about are Chest, shoulders, and second trinket(unless you nab an ox trinket). Everything else you're filling(or filled) with equivalent or better items outside of RF with minimal effort.
    Last edited by Abolesco; 2012-11-19 at 12:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    plus they have dodge mastery instead of dodge parry, plus they have less str, so overall more stats. but I see your point. I actually forgot that there are the sha of anger quest boots....

and the rep I didn't order them in which you should get the items, it's the order in which you get most likely get the rep. my point I was trying to make is: don't waste a roll on e.g. neck or belt, if you can get them THIS easily from rep. and maybe you took the quest boots for dps for whatever reason, so a roll on garajal would be a good used roll, because they require pretty much the last rep you will get (AC revered).

plus they have dodge mastery instead of dodge parry, plus they have less str, so overall more stats. but I see your point. I actually forgot that there are the sha of anger quest boots....

and the rep I didn't order them in which you should get the items, it's the order in which you get most likely get the rep. my point I was trying to make is: don't waste a roll on e.g. neck or belt, if you can get them THIS easily from rep. and maybe you took the quest boots for dps for whatever reason, so a roll on garajal would be a good used roll, because they require pretty much the last rep you will get (AC revered).
    I see your point, I'm mostly just saying that I feel like its a waste to get klaxxi neck/belt as inside of one valor cap difference you'll have GL honored too, so you can get the GL honored ring with your first 1250 valor and go from there.

My path was somewhat odd as I waited quite a while to get certain items first.. As I recall I got the GL ring first, then went till I was at ~2800val and got shado-pan enough for the cape there and got that. Hit AC honored and got bracer before hitting val cap again, and the next thing I got was SP trinket. I knew I was gonna get the free items (wearing em) and knew that the different between klaxxi belt and RF guardians belt was negligible, so I didn't want to spend my valor on those pieces.

EDIT: Can't post a link to my character because of post count, but it's Kinvalar on US-Zul'jin.
    Last edited by Abolesco; 2012-11-19 at 01:07 PM.