Double Tornado Barb - Where to upgrade my gear?

I have recently come back to the game and I can't really find where I should be upgrading my gear. I have 82m gold to spend on upgrades but whenever I look for upgrades it seems to cost 10-20m for a minor upgrade when my current gear isn't very good at all. I am wondering if anyone can point me in a good direction in terms of what pieces of my gear I should be getting rid of and what stats I should be looking for on that piece.

Currently I can do MP3 A3 with aound 7-8 deaths doing Stonefort > Depths > Bridge til End. I think my resists need to be quite a bit higher, since I dropped War Cry for Rend, it feels to help a lot more even with an extra couple of deaths per run. All advice is appreciated.

Profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/B.../hero/13274407

Deleted
    swap the gem in your helm for starters?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not much of an expert but damn, your dagger sucks.... Get a freaking sword or axe or mace.... Your main hand mace is also bad-ish. Get one with lower damage but with strength and life on hit. Get better rings and amulet. Life on hit on those items is a waste of stats where you could be getting strength and additional damage. Your helm has low strength and no vitality, you can get a better one cheap and it doesn't need to have all resist... Get a 200+ str amulet with 8% crit, those are rather cheap. Get a lot more strength on your legs. You can also get a Lamentation, a cheap belt with 1% crit chance and 3% life steal which helps keep you alive. And those Sage Seekers are terrible, get a lot more strength on your boots.

But mainly, lose the dagger and get something better, yo! Oh and change superstition for something more damagey... Or 3% life steal. And lose Rend and take the shout that increases your resistances. You don't really need rend.

Also, there's no need to farm monster power 3. Farm mp1.
    Last edited by vep; 2012-11-19 at 11:03 AM.

First off; this is all my opinion. You do what works for you, but I'll try to explain my opinions well enough..

a) Drop Rend and pick up War Cry -Impunity. This will give you 20% armor & 20% all resistances - both always good.
    b) Change Bash rune to either Clobber (35% stun{1.5sec} chance on each hit) or Instigation (4 extra fury per hit). Currently you use Pulverize, which is a directional-facing-line aoe attack that procs 38% weapon damage, for 26 yards of "line". I personally like to use Clobber for it's incredible stun, and I generally don't have fury issues with Battle Rage -Into the Fray rune (critical hits giving fury). I think you'll see a quality of life improvement; either better fury on demand (which is the only reason you use bash to begin with), or a semi-reliable stun that works on most bosses, and is therefore a reliable interrupt (and in some cases, a way to cheese the fights entirely). Reminder, these are my opinions!
    c) The gem in your helm is fine if your farming paragon XP, that's a personal choice.
    d) Replace your main hand weapon; You want a socket (for a crit damage gem), but your current main hand (yay! your using an axe with weapons master /happydance) has no other really useful modifiers, I'll go over that in..

..whatever amount of time it took you to get here.

Your overall stats are not horrible, you should (when you rune change war cry especially, giving you more effective health with the increased armor and resistances, you'd be getting 97-99 extra resist, and 927-928 extra armor, both of which you want) have no problems with MP2-3 with relative quick runs, and up to mp5 should be "doable" without banging your head against a wall; certain bosses and acts will be up to your skill cap / upgrade level past that before enrages.

You have relatively low strength / life compared to your defensive stats. Generally speaking, I see most ww barbs these days that are key farming anyway, be on the other end of the spectrum; they go for more of a glass cannon approach. Not to say there not tanky, but they go for a plateau of survivability stats and then push damage stats once it's hit.

If you've got 40k health, your doing okay; "bis" (when you have pretty much upgraded yourself to handle MP10 without problems) ww barbs are rocking 50-64k (depending on preference and if they have life % modifiers, 50k is the baseline).

Once your damage eclipses 150k (100k?) switch to life steal, as opposed to life on hit. Your damage will be so that it is a net gain in survivability at that point, and scale as your dps increases.

Speaking of damage increase; if you can manage to pick up any IAS (increased attack speed) or critical hit chance (i've noticed you've got this to almost 30%, which is good, your almost there). Crits = fury, fury = everything. Get crit, yo.

Also, consider using your scoundrel companion (no gear on him at all!), put a cold damage bow on him with some XP gear (hello paragon system?) and magic find if you so desire, talent into multishot (get a that one crossbow if you can afford it, the one that has a piercing effect on it). Anyway; the cold bow + multishot talent on scoundrel means mobs stay in your tornados longer, /includingtreasuregoblins

I'm done, tired, probably ranted.

sorry for the wall of text

Gem is fine, keep it and get the hellfire ring.

I'm not much of an expert but damn, your dagger sucks.... Get a freaking sword or axe or mace....
    His offhand is not taken into account for tornadoes damage(which are biggest part of all damage), only purpose of the offhand - good stats. Better offhand will give more damage for WW, but there are other pieces to upgrade first, imho.

Items without strength = rubbish. Every piece of armor MUST have a good str on them, and ideally, some vitality. Your all res is fine, but HP is low, good portion of vit+str from items will give you much more more.

if you are not farming keys - go for mp1 and farm exp.
    Aldoraan Ret Pally since 2.4

Outland - love forever

Deleted
    I suggest you pick up boon of bul-kathos instead of superstition. You will have more uptime for berserker which helps a lot when you meet some nasty combos. I don't know why you pick up rend, basically I feel rend is not a good option for tornado barb because you have to stop, rend then move on. Generally you have to rend inside the pack of mobs to maximise the dps from rend and when you stop you would take beat and risk of dying. You only got 27k hp, taking 3 hits from skullcleaver you'd be dead and there are normally tens of those. If you really love rend then I suggest you pick up blood lust rune instead, the life-leech from that rune is really great and can keep you alive while you WW out of the pack.

Your off-hand dagger is great for WW, LoH, crit damage and socket is all you want for a stats stick and it has all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay. Now I am a little confused.

Is the OFF HAND a Stat stick or does the DPS matter?

I was under the impression that it used to only be a stat stick but after the Run Like the Wind nerf, the OFF HAND damage matters now due to a much larger portion of your damage coming from Whirl Wind.

Ugh, which is it?!?!?!
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    Okay. Now I am a little confused.

Is the OFF HAND a Stat stick or does the DPS matter?

I was under the impression that it used to only be a stat stick but after the Run Like the Wind nerf, the OFF HAND damage matters now due to a much larger portion of your damage coming from Whirl Wind.

Ugh, which is it?!?!?!
    Your initial impression is still correct after patch, for WW barb off-hand is a stat stick, tornados are still the main dps source. The nerf only reduces its proc coefficient (the chance of fury gain from crit, LoH etc etc), the damage remains exactly the same as before.