Eternal Flame advice/question

Hey MMOChamp,

Recently, I've been seeing a lot of the top ranked paladin healers on worldoflogs having Eternal Flame as their #1 or #2 top heal. How is this? I've tried multiple times during raid to use Eternal Flame, and it's always around #4 or #5 of my top heal...I try to keep EF running at all times on my tank focus, and blanket the raid with it on Divine Purpose procs, but I still can't seem to figure out how the paladin healers that are ranking high are using Eternal Flame to have it be #1/#2 top heal.

How are you guys using Eternal Flame to make it as effective as I've seen other paladin healers doing? I can't figure it out =(..Are you guys just throwing 1 HP EF on everybody? Or are you guys saving 3HP to spend on EF?

Also, I'm Spirit > Mastery > Haste > Crit reforged. I've checked other paladins such as Nodzz (blood legions pally healer), and he uses Eternal Flame as well with the same reforge.
    Last edited by Supern3rd; 2012-11-19 at 01:06 PM.

That doesn't explain Nodzz full PvE set having EF be his #1/#2 heal. I have read up on the PvP 4 set, though.

Or http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hilip/advanced, who has a full PvE set who's 40% of his healing is Eternal Flame on some boss encounters. I could go through logs and post WoWarmory links for hours showing that people with full PvE sets are using EF for 30%+ of their overall healing, but you get the idea.
    Last edited by Supern3rd; 2012-11-19 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supern3rd View Post
    That doesn't explain Nodzz full PvE set having EF be his #1/#2 heal. I have read up on the PvP 4 set, though.
    They just don't want to show their gear trick to everyone. Give me his logs please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supern3rd View Post

Or http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hilip/advanced, who has a full PvE set who's 40% of his healing is Eternal Flame on some boss encounters. I could go through logs and post WoWarmory links for hours showing that people with full PvE sets are using EF for 30%+ of their overall healing, but you get the idea.
    Use pvp 4-set in raid, log out in pve gear. Not hard to do.

Not sure if he switched anything up and decided to go test out pvp gear, but during their HoF HM progression he was raiding w/o using 4p pvp. Ndozz that is. If your seeing logs of his it's easy to see if he was using it, go to his buffs gained and it will say holy power gained x amount by holy power. The 4piece is literally just called holy power.
    Last edited by Tandoor; 2012-11-19 at 02:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tandoor View Post
    Not sure if he switched anything up and decided to go test out pvp gear, but during their HoF HM progression he was raiding w/o using 4p pvp. Ndozz that is. If your seeing logs of his it's easy to see if he was using it, go to his buffs gained and it will say pvp power gained x amount by pvp power. The 4piece is literally just called pvp power.
    Its actually just called Holy Power and if you mouseover it, it links the ret 4-piece (holy power when you take direct damage).