Thread: 5.1

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I thought the new patch was supposed to come out this week.

Is it tuesday?

Deleted
    It was never "supposed to". A good guess would be end of Nov, at earliest.

But it saddens me that it just contains some crap... no dungeons, leave alone raids.

Quote Originally Posted by borinaria View Post
    They haven't announced anything so why would you think that ?
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    They never said anything about when it was coming out, why would you think that?

It wasn't.

And uh... Who told you that? Your guildie who is totally right about these things, it's uncanny, he must have friends at Blizz or something!!

No, no announcements about the 5.1 release. Ever. The only things we've had are educated guesses, which are still just that: guesses.

I just thought it was supposed to be either the 20th or 27th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    But it saddens me that it just contains some crap... no dungeons, leave alone raids.
    The expansion has been out less than two months, did you really expect a patch that would contain dungeons and/or raids, already? While I would welcome that, I certainly wouldn't expect it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    The expansion has been out less than two months, did you really expect a patch that would contain dungeons and/or raids, already? While I would welcome that, I certainly wouldn't expect it.
    It'd be a better decision to bring in dungeons instead of scenarios (never did them, nor I plan to), more daily quests (which I'll do only once to exalted) and a solo PvE feature - which's useless in an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    It was never "supposed to". A good guess would be end of Nov, at earliest.

And no daily system fixes, just another faction and more dailies, making the problem worse.

Please stay on topic. There are lots of other threads available for expressing your opinions about dailies - ML
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-11-19 at 06:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, Terrace of Endless Spring only came out less than a week ago. PvE content seems fine.

We've heard nothing mentioning a release date. Not to mention how there are still updates happening to the PTR. My money's on the 4th or 11th December.

"Release Candidate" does not mean "Omg, releasing next week!". It'll be done when it's done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    And no daily system fixes, just another faction and more dailies, making the problem worse.
    Don't fix what ain't broke.

Deleted
    idd, i think it will come out 2-3 weeks after terrace of endless spring heroic has been released.

5.1 doesn't contain dungeons and/or raids. So no, he didn't expect that. He saw that the latest version of 5.1 on PTR was a "Release" candidate and assumed that meant it would automatically be pushed this Tuesday. At least that's what I'm assuming here. (Which one of us is the ass here?) In any case, probably close to the end of November/first week of December, like someone else said.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    "Release Candidate" does not mean "Omg, releasing next week!". It'll be done when it's done.
    Patch is done and uploaded on Blizzard's live servers and wait command to start.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP probably confused the last PTR patch being marked as Release Candidate..

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Just because there are multiple factions with dailies doesn't mean you have to do them all each day. First, you only need revered with them to buy their VP gear. Second, getting to revered for most takes a matter of days. In reality, if you are as hardcore and busy as you portray yourself to be, then you should have hit revered with them all by now, at which point you can stop doing them. The exalted status is reserved only for novelty mounts/patterns. Also, it's not like you have to race to revered with them all at the same time. With the valor cap, you can only really buy all the vp items from a faction about once a month at best.

Stop complaining that it is broken.

My impression is that the thread topic is about 5.1 and its release date, supposed or otherwise. Please don't derail this thread into yet another thread about the problems, perceived or otherwise, with dailies. There are plenty of places to post about that. Thanks -ML
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-11-19 at 06:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkquantum View Post
    Patch is done and uploaded on Blizzard's live servers and wait command to start.
    No, its not. It'll require as a client-side patch to be able to play it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 02:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    Just because there are multiple factions with dailies doesn't mean you have to do them all each day. First, you only need revered with them to buy their VP gear. Second, getting to revered for most takes a matter of days. In reality, if you are as hardcore and busy as you portray yourself to be, then you should have hit revered with them all by now, at which point you can stop doing them. The exalted status is reserved only for novelty mounts/patterns. Also, it's not like you have to race to revered with them all at the same time. With the valor cap, you can only really buy all the vp items from a faction about once a month at best.

Stop complaining that it is broken.
    blaaaablaaa blaaa.... go read the countless other threads about this topics, the responses to the blue posts made by arrogant blizzard employees and then you'll have the reason why people complain.