Wow Championship: DK switch for other Class

Why did a multiple rank 1 DK (anotherx) switch classes in the Shanghai Wow Arena Championships? Is this class that broken?

Dmg for frost and unholy seem fine but the CC ability is so broken. Dk's only baseline CC cost a blood rune, its still on the GCD and it requires to face the target to use on them.

Anyone else feels like stangulate needs a makeover?

They take to much damage? the dk was dipping low all the time. Not enough defensive cd's couple with little to no cc is probally why. They are good at keeping damage up but go down fast in a switch.

everyone know lock is way op than dk

10+ Year Old Account
    The qualifying matches for the WC took place in Cata so the class representation at the event doesn't have a lot of correlation with current balance.

DKs are pretty weak right now in PvP though, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    They take to much damage? the dk was dipping low all the time. Not enough defensive cd's couple with little to no cc is probally why. They are good at keeping damage up but go down fast in a switch.
    Agreed. I think bumping up blood presence damage reduction to be on par with defensive stance would be a good move but only for the dps specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

as TSG, they destroyed a really good MLS team (who eliminated team EG, a favorite to win) to advance to the finals against snutz and co.

but yea, when they tried TSG against snutz's MLS, they got destroyed.

personally, in 3's, i don't see why you wouldn't grab purgatory. pair up with a spriest or ret who has great offheals in emergencies and a DK with purgatory just 2x his survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Agreed. I think bumping up blood presence damage reduction to be on par with defensive stance would be a good move but only for the dps specs.
    To be honest DK surviveability isn't too bad while in Blood Presence, the problem is that Frost Strike costs so much RP in Blood Presences that if you sit in it for too long you have little to no pressure.

I've seen rather prominent players state that DK's are in a bad spot right now, but it seems to me that the more casual non-DK players don't see it, because of the high amount of AoE DK's whip out. I'd wager that in 9/10 matches I do the most damage, but at the same time my warrior partner does much, much more pressure than I do, the only real use of this AoE is that it drains mana somewhat efficiently.

I think the two main problems with DK's right now are:
    Movement: Choosing between Chillbains and Death's Advance is clunky. There are a few possible solutions to this:
    Make the passive part of Death's Advance standard for Frost and Unholy.
    Make Unholy presence the go to Presence for Frost PvP (Might not be enough, and does nothing for UH)
    Make Frost Fewer apply a slow without picking up Chillbains (Possibly a Glyph?)

If these buffs to movement are too much, I don't think many DK's would mind (and I'm sure other classes would be happy) if the current 4-set bonus was dumped for something else (Disarm reduce please?)

The other problem is CC, if we pick up Chillbains we have roots which are okay in many cases and a easily applicable slow and we have Strangulate. Strangulate is very, very difficult to land at the right time because: It's on the GCD, it requires a Blood rune. Because of this you either have to be extremely lucky and a have a Blood Rune ready when you need to silence, or you have to wait for the rune to be ready and loose a bunch of pressure. Then when the Strangulate has landed you can't do an Obliterate because you might just have used one of your Death Runes on a Strangulate.
    Possible fixes to the GCD problem could be:
    Remove the GCD and Rune cost from Strangulate, it's outdated.
    Rework Tier 6 talents - Make Remorseless Winter more like Repentance (Would totally change the dynamics of the class, would be so fun)

Adding all of these buffs would obviously be too much, Obliterate might need to scale slightly worse than it does now and Howling Blast might need to do less damage (Mainly to avoid QQ to be honest). But as the class is now I see no reason to play with a DK over a warrior, and unless the warrior nerf is really much more severe than it seems I don't see any reason in the future either.