Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

how to get to 470ilvl withotu rep ? is it possible

Hello

i m struggling as i don t have enough time to do the dailies. got only 3h a week, time to do lfr, 1 or 2 hc and that s all. i know i cannot get gear without working, but with this brilliant idea to use daily quest for grind, i m close to nowhere with those reputation. neutral still for all of them
    did you manage to get to 470 ilvl without reputation grinding ? or is it impossible ?
    i m stucked at 466 and i don t see so much oppurtunties to grind more items superior to 463.

LFR is your best bet.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    go raid?? with your guild farm mats to get some items from your profession, 460er lfr give 476er items...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonija View Post
    go raid?? with your guild farm mats to get some items from your profession, 460er lfr give 476er items...
    my guild is asking for 470 for raiding...that s why i m stuck...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorooz View Post
    Hello

i m struggling as i don t have enough time to do the dailies. got only 3h a week, time to do lfr, 1 or 2 hc and that s all. i know i cannot get gear without working, but with this brilliant idea to use daily quest for grind, i m close to nowhere with those reputation. neutral still for all of them
    did you manage to get to 470 ilvl without reputation grinding ? or is it impossible ?
    i m stucked at 466 and i don t see so much oppurtunties to grind more items superior to 463.
    Auction House/LFR/Sha.

Full 463 Heroic Blues ... 476 Crafted Chest and Gloves.

IF you did most of Dread Wastes when getting to 90 you should be Honoured by a long way with The Klaxxi, so go buy the 489 Neck. If you didn't then ignore this step.

Then you basically just have to keep running full clear LFR Mogu'shan Vaults until you get enough Loot to have 470 and progress into HOF/Terrace. Oh yea and make sure you do Sha every week.

Also if your guild is forcing you to be 470 before allowing you to raid they are complete idiots. (Heart of Fear and Terrace would be a bit iffy but if they won't let you come on Mogu'shan Vaults runs because your not 470 then they're stupid).

Possible yes, easy and done without great loot rng, no. If you have limited time I would suggest doing Klaxxi quests to honored which is pretty quick and painless. This will open up a necklace. Then if you want to start chipping away towards revered they have pants and a belt also. The current rep system is a nightmare and the way Golden Lotus shields the other factions makes it even worse. Good luck to you.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Crafting.

also: how did you get to level 90 and managed to stay neutral with all the factions? i reached honored or at least friendly with most of em just through normal questing.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can only play 3 hours per week? So, if you do start raiding for the guild in question, that would mean you could only raid with them one evening and that would be it for you, in regards to playing WoW that week?

Anyway, it's obvious you can skip doing the heroics. In the time you do two heroics, you can easily do a decent amount of dailies that will probably give you the same amount of Valor Points, if not more. Get someone to do them with you. Teaming up is awesome for dailies. You only need to be honored to get the first rewards, which is pretty easy to get to even if you haven't completed all quests in the zone.

Still, I'm curious. You must have a pretty unforgiving job and other hobbies if you only have 3 hours per week to play WoW. After a release of new content, WoW basically becomes a full-time job. You need to spend hours and hours every day to keep up. If you don't, you encounter problems such as the one you have. It's easy to obtain 470+ itemlevel without even doing LFR, as long as you do dailies. I had 472 with just doing dailies before LFR was even released, hadn't entered a single normal raid, nor did I buy anything from the Auction House. It's possible, you just need to put some time into it.

Also, if you do wanna start raiding, 3 hours a week isn't going to be enough. Even for a very casual guild. You still need time to enchant, gem, refroge etc. Soon, those 3 hours will be gone in one guildraid and you won't have any time to do any of the stuff I mentioned. I suggest you try to find some more time to play WoW. On top of that, when 5.1 hits, you won't be able to keep up with your guildmates. I assume they play a lot more than you, so you could be left behind.
    Last edited by Statix; 2012-11-19 at 02:01 PM.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    You can only play 3 hours per week? So, if you do start raiding for the guild in question, that would mean you could only raid with them one evening and that would be it for you, in regards to playing WoW that week?

Anyway, it's obvious you can skip doing the heroics. In the time you do two heroics, you can easily do a decent amount of dailies that will probably give you the same amount of Valor Points, if not more. Get someone to do them with you. Teaming up is awesome for dailies. You only need to be honored to get the first rewards, which is pretty easy to get to even if you haven't completed all quests in the zone.

Still, I'm curious. You must have a pretty unforgiving job and other hobbies if you only have 3 hours per week to play WoW. After a release of new content, WoW basically becomes a full-time job. You need to spend hours and hours every day to keep up. If you don't, you encounter problems you do. It's easy to obtain 470+ itemlevel without even doing LFR, as long as you do dailies. I had 472 before LFR was even released, hadn't killed a single boss, nor did I buy anything from the Auction House. It;s possible, you just need to put some time into it.
    I think what he's saying is that... gasp he's a casual player. Don't ask me why, as a casual player, he wants to raid, but that's his choice.

Like Static said, you only plan on raiding one night out of the week? You must have a pretty casual guild if they are willing to swap you in that one night you can raid only and sit someone who can make the other 2-3 days.

my guild is asking for 470 for raiding...that s why i m stuck...
    WARNING. WARNING. I believe I have detected your problem: Your raid leader is a tool.

If you have a full set of proper spec Ilevel 463 gear + boots from the Sha of Anger quest, and are properly reforged, gemmed and enchanted, you are perfectly geared for initial raiding. Having Raid gear should not be a requirement to get into a raid.

Of course, attempting to point this out to a raid leader who is demanding an unreasonable Ilevel to join the raid team is usually an exercise in futility, so I wish you well.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you just started now....
    First the negative: You missed out on the "free loot" drops from the Horseman. ilvl 470 , one or even 2 pieces. depending on your spec.
    Crafted items from recipes.. The 496 items are now already up for grabs from guildies or the AH.
    Sha/Gal.. 496 gear...
    LFR.... you can easily get to 470 without much dailies.
    You still may want to do them for the valor gear available at honored, and to collect charms for the bonus roll chance.

Above all elese. Find another guild, one that has decent raid leaders.. Your RL is an idiot.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 08:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    WARNING. WARNING. I believe I have detected your problem: Your raid leader is a tool.
    you are just too polite in that case

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    If you just started now....
    First the negative: You missed out on the "free loot" drops from the Horseman. ilvl 470 , one or even 2 pieces. depending on your spec.
    Crafted items from recipes.. The 496 items are now already up for grabs from guildies or the AH.
    Sha/Gal.. 496 gear...
    LFR.... you can easily get to 470 without much dailies.
    You still may want to do them for the valor gear available at honored, and to collect charms for the bonus roll chance.
    Pretty much this.

You can also add the 470 trinkets from Brewsfest.

Even without dailies, you can at least get:

Crafted chest (476)
    Crafted gloves (476)
    Trinket 1 (Brewfest, 470)
    Trinket 2 (Darkmoon BoEs 476)
    Boots (Quest reward from Sha of Anger 476)
    Ring 1 (Horseman 470) + maybe ring 2 depending on class/spec

There are also some 476 BoEs if you got enough gold that you can buy at AH, helm, shoulders, neck and rings.

Rest would be in LFR as well as possible Sha of Anger.

That being said, there are quite a few items available with valor even at honored reputation. For some factions, you are probably there or very close just from doing the quests when you leveled up so its not a lot of work.

Deleted
    thanks guys for all your good advices .

and just to explain:
    i got only 3h a week until now, gf is going away for 6 month so i m gonna have more time from the 1st of december. first raid is the 2nd of dec so i was preparing my day to get to 470 asap.

will have to buy boe

here is my char http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Sorooz/simple
    already got one horseman trinket.
    rest is basic.and only 463

yes i know i have leather shoulder . will change them soon.
    Last edited by mmoc3d9b15d0ea; 2012-11-19 at 02:34 PM.

let me see .... you don't have time to do the daily but you have time to raid ?

I think I understand why your guild master raid leader is asking for 470ilvl

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is possible, it's easier with reps but it's totally possible to get 470 without any rep. I'm at 468 with only the honoured neck piece from Kalaxxi (getting honoured with Kalaxxi is extremely easy) but I could have skipped that. When I hit LFR MV this coming week I would have just needed 2 476s to drop and I'd have reached 470 (with the neck I only need 1 piece to drop and I'm actually rev with Kalaxxi so even if I don't get anything to drop I 'll reach 470 this week).

However note, I do not have any crafted gear but I did get 2 rings from horseman.

Your best best would be to quest through the dread waste and get honoured with Kalaxxi (won't take that much time), get the neck piece from them, run MV LFR this week and hit Sha of Anger (I've yet to hit Sha myself but I keep meaning too).

Sitting on 480 myself, not done a single daily. Well sorry i do my tillers dailies, so every 3 ID´s i got my 3 bonusrolls which help a lot.

It is indeed very easy, but you need SOME dropluck in LFR as well.
    - You can buy BOE epics from the AH, but well that just for dudes that got loads of gold spare.
    - You can get yourself a crafted Chestpiece and Gloves (476, by now there should even be the 498 ones available)
    - You can do SHA or GALLEON every week and hope for dropps. Even pvp drops from sha should help here.
    - You can get the shoes (476) from the questline starting with looting the SHA.
    - You can be lucky and get one of the rare epic drops from an endboss of a MOP heroic.
    - You can PUG normal mode. Maybe not all bosses but still there are easy ones and they drop loot.
    - You dont need to have your gear equipped anymore, so stuff in your bag accounts for ILVL.
    - You could get your darkmoon card.
    - You could even get more than one darkmoon card, just for the ILVL.

probably not all, but still quite some ways to go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    let me see .... you don't have time to do the daily but you have time to raid ?

I think I understand why your guild master raid leader is asking for 470ilvl
    apparently you didn t read what i wrote. but it s ok : and just to explain:
    i got only 3h a week until now, gf is going away for 6 month so i m gonna have more time from the 1st of december. first raid is the 2nd of dec so i was preparing my day to get to 470 asap.

thanks guys for all our advices.

Find a Sha of Ager raid. ANY Sha of Anger raid. Free ILevel 476 boots. Your PvP boots are not only pulling your Ilevel Down, they are just plain wrong for PvE.

Also, if I was your raid leader, I would reach through my monitor and slap you for wearing leather. NEVER break the Armor bonus for wearing the proper armor type for your Class. NEVER. Losing 10% of your primary stats for an Ilevel bump is not worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    - You can get yourself a crafted Chestpiece and Gloves (476, by now there should even be the 498 ones available)
    With Blood Spirits at 10k each, and 8 of them required for one piece of 498 gear, that's unviable.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    - You can PUG normal mode. Maybe not all bosses but still there are easy ones and they drop loot.
    Haha GL with that. On this realm you can't even PUG LK25 normal, and it's not a low-pop realm either. It's either a guild run or a guaranteed wipefest.