Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorooz View Post
    yes i know i have leather shoulder . will change them soon.
    woah, you should never, ever change armor types.
    you are losing out on a huge amount of stats just for that a lone.

10+ Year Old Account
    My alt needed a Klaxxi honoured neck to reach 470. That's all. I only did a few quests in Dread Wastes to get the rep. Haven't touched dailies with my alts.

I never equipped a crafted offhand that I had sitting in my bag until I could reach 470 without it ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    do 2's/3's to get conquest points for that gear, its 483 and better than 5 man gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

Deleted
    big thank to all of you. i don t have has much time (work work work) since mop was released, so really struggling and don t have time to look for some info. this topic is a big resume of all the possibilites and i would like to thank you for that.

will work for sure to get this asap. focusing on naxxi first + sha on anger.

thanks again.

First of all, it's Thanksgiving week. Free 10% rep!!!

Looks like you haven't done Dread Wastes yet. Grab the buff from a Thanksgiving table, go do the Dread Wastes quests. You'll be honored or close to it by the time you finish the zone, I believe. Then you can run a few dungeons and buy valor neck.

Like people have mentioned, get your free Sha bootss. Join a raid, loot Sha's corpse after kill, turn in quest item to Shao-Pan for free boots.

You can also look into a Darkmoon trinket, but they're still pretty pricy for the casual player.

No guarantees, but patch 5.1 is very likely to go live Nov. 27th. That means you'll be able to upgrade gear with valor/justice. Run some dungeons and stockpile as much of both as you can. Then when it goes live, you can upgrade a few pieces and bump up your ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikah View Post
    Pretty much this.

You can also add the 470 trinkets from Brewsfest.

Even without dailies, you can at least get:

Crafted chest (476)
    Crafted gloves (476)
    Trinket 1 (Brewfest, 470)
    Trinket 2 (Darkmoon BoEs 476)
    Boots (Quest reward from Sha of Anger 476)
    Ring 1 (Horseman 470) + maybe ring 2 depending on class/spec

There are also some 476 BoEs if you got enough gold that you can buy at AH, helm, shoulders, neck and rings.

Rest would be in LFR as well as possible Sha of Anger.

That being said, there are quite a few items available with valor even at honored reputation. For some factions, you are probably there or very close just from doing the quests when you leveled up so its not a lot of work.
    Saying they can use gear that isn't being dropped anymore doesn't help anybody. Adding those is as ridiculous as the OPs raid leader saying ppl have to be 470+ to raid.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Hello got only 3h a week
    That is your problem. Can't expect to do much on 3 hours a week sorry.

I haven't done any of the gear dailies (only Cloud Serp & Tillers) and I'm sitting at 380 ilevel. Dailies definitely are -not- required.

Deleted
    I have reached 471 ilvl with only LFR & Heroics. Not a single crafted item, 1 rep item though.

Hello

i m struggling as i don t have enough time to do the dailies. got only 3h a week, time to do lfr, 1 or 2 hc and that s all. i know i cannot get gear without working, but with this brilliant idea to use daily quest for grind, i m close to nowhere with those reputation. neutral still for all of them
    did you manage to get to 470 ilvl without reputation grinding ? or is it impossible ?
    i m stucked at 466 and i don t see so much oppurtunties to grind more items superior to 463.
    Try raiding? Yep, pretty sure raiding will get you past i470 gearz... But, but, but... but I don't have time and my guild sucks and blah blah blah... If you really want something you'll make the time and find the people to do content with, it's really THAT simple.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/wor...thout-dailies/

Not My article, but some stuff you might find useful -

Normal Dungeons:

Normal dungeons award a mixture of gear, item level 410 from Temple of the Jade Serpent and Stormstout Brewery, and 435 from Shado-Pan Monastery and Mogushan Palace. The required item level for Heroic dungeons is 440, so in order to progress along this gearing route you will need to also gear via one of two routes. It’s advisable to do dungeons to amass Justice Points before you hit 90 and can no longer queue for random dungeons if you wish to gear without dailies.

Quest Rewards

Several quests offer rewards which will increase a player’s average item level enough to enter heroic dungeons. There are shoulders from The Mariner’s Revenge, belts from Overthrone and feet from Fires and Fears of Old available with item levels of 450 in the Dread Wastes. In the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, Battle Axe of the Thunder King awards an ilvl 463 chest. The Secrets of Guo Lai in the same zone awards ilvl 440 rings. The Arena of Annihilation quest, which can be collected on a player’s first entry, awards an ilvl 463 weapon. The Sha of Hatred in Townlong Steppes awards ilvl 442 helms, The Point of No Return gives a 442 chest, and Terror of the Dread Wastes offers 442 rings. The latter quests are also in Townlong Steppes. It should be noted that several of these quests are the last quest in a long chain! Use Wowhead via the provided links.

World Bosses

The two World Bosses, the Sha of Anger and Salyis’ Warband, or Galleon as he is better known, are both excellent sources of PvP and PvE gear. Both drop 496 gear, and the Sha of Anger will furnish players with a quest item that can be redeemed for ilvl 476 boots on the first kill.

Heroic Dungeons

Heroic dungeons largely drop ilvl 463 loot, but there is a chance on ilvl 476 weapons being dropped from the last boss of each Heroic Dungeon. With the shortage of weapons available of this level, this is a boon. The required item level to enter Mogushan Vaults normal mode is 460, with all the steps above this should be easily obtained.

Conquest PvP Gear

Conquest PvP gear, much like Honor PvP gear as discussed above, is of a high item level and has excellent stats. Conquest gear ilvl is 483, so more than high enough to help players along their way to raiding average item levels. Conquest points can currently only be gained via arenas and random or rated battle grounds, so if you’re not a fan of PvP this may not be the option for you.

Professions

Most professions have the capacity to craft items of Raid quality, and many of the patterns are Zone Drops or require only honored reputation with Golden Lotus. Nonetheless, Golden Lotus Honored is very likely to require daily quests, and that’s not our objective today. Should you happen to have Golden Lotus Honored already, check out what you can buy. Have a look at your professions, a great one is Inscription which allows the creation of several ilvl 476 weapons. Engineers can yet again craft helms, ilvl 476 this time and recipe drop crafts award 496 items.

Raid Finder

This has been left ’til last, simply because, as I mention in the hit, it’s not been kind to me. I have run the raid finder several times in an attempt to get gear, but always been unlucky. So, I haven’t got a single piece of loot from it, and I’m at a 470 ilvl. Granted, a lot of that is from PvP gear, but you win some you lose some! Raid Finder drops from the only Raid Finder instances currently available are ilvl 476.

The Heart of Fear, and later the Terrace of Endless Spring Raid Finder modes have an item level requirement of 470 for entry, and both drop ilvl 483 gear.

Hope this helps!

Deleted
    my guild is asking for 470 for raiding...that s why i m stuck...
    Gear helps, but 470 is way to much
    I killed stoneguards and feng HEROIC with 462 ilvl (prot warrior).
    Could probably have done it with 450 ilvl lol...

This thread brings me joy, yet it makes me sad. It comes to show how Blizzard has actually, for once, made it ''slightly'' challenging to acquire gear, which i personally think is greater than great. And then comes the sad part where 90% of you lot can't do anything but complaint about how hard it is. Honestly, get real. This game was once 3x as grindy and 4x as hard. If you can't live with challenges i suggest quitting alltogether.
    <Novum Genus> - Tarren Mill Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftzy View Post
    This thread brings me joy, yet it makes me sad. It comes to show how Blizzard has actually, for once, made it ''slightly'' challenging to acquire gear, which i personally think is greater than great. And then comes the sad part where 90% of you lot can't do anything but complaint about how hard it is. Honestly, get real. This game was once 3x as grindy and 4x as hard. If you can't live with challenges i suggest quitting alltogether.
    Not a bad suggestion, I cancelled my sub for the first time ever due to school shiz (temporarily but who knows) and I'm amazed at how much free time I have now. Also having more fun when not studying...whether or not gearing is "hard" now, I sure do enjoy NOT logging in to do those dailies each day.

I've reached 470 on my alt with only LFR, heroics and 1 item from klaxxi honored, so yes it is possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftzy View Post

While I "mostly" agree with you....

The reason people complain, is that is was only "3x / 4x" harder/grindy'er a LONG time ago, and most people didn't play then.

When they started, it was WorLK or Cata, and things weren't hard at all then.

So half a step up, and that's all it is really, in gear acquirement, results in people saying WTF.

That's just human nature

Deleted
    It is very possible, I have 483 ilvl and i only downed the first 3 bosses of vaults once with only 1 piece for me. But yea i did dailies, wearing 5 pieces from dailies, and i'm a lucky boy at sha/lfr, but is is highly doable.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    heroics, crafted gear, and lfr.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    While I "mostly" agree with you....

The reason people complain, is that is was only "3x / 4x" harder/grindy'er a LONG time ago, and most people didn't play then.

When they started, it was WorLK or Cata, and things weren't hard at all then.

So half a step up, and that's all it is really, in gear acquirement, results in people saying WTF.

That's just human nature
    As said in the topic, i m not complaining i m just asking if it s possible. at no point in the discussion i said it was a bad system or anything like this.
    my initial question was : is it possible to be ilvl470 without dailies. not qqing at all. no nerd rage about the way it works.

i quote myself : 1st post : i know i cannot get gear without working.

but thanks again for the tips. i stupidly spend all my valor in upgrade item , earn honored rep with klaxxi and realise that i didn t have the 1250VP to buy the necklace 489 anymore.. stuck at 468 until next reset with the klaxxi necklace teasing me ....
    Last edited by mmoc3d9b15d0ea; 2012-11-30 at 05:18 PM.

Heroics until you're at 460, then LFR until you're ate 470, then more LFR... tada!