Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Is an Enhancement Shaman a good investment for long term PvP

    Looking at dusting off my enhancement shaman from wrath as i am burnt out on my shadow priest. I'm looking for serious RBGs/Arenas and I love the Enhancement playstyle but im hoping they will stay viable. Will Enhance be needed in RBGs this expansion and not rejected like they have been in Cataclysm?

  2. #2
    Mechagnome Aurokk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    733
    No.

    Serious answer.

  3. #3
    melee in rbgs never happens.

    arena is ok. squishy as fuck.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

  4. #4
    Shaman DPS is very bad for PvP of any form. Enhancer is extremely bad for rBG.

    Get out as long as you can! Resto might be the only competitive specc.

  5. #5
    Yeah, if you ask anyone at blizzard they would tell you that shamans in general are A ok as far as pvp goes and that absolutely nothing is wrong. They might even tell you that you should just pick the spec that you have the most fun with and play that. They might say it, they might even believe it... but that doesn't make it one ounce of truth.

    The pvp shaman spec is resto, period. You could say that enhancement and elemental are viable but what that means is as long as you have the best gear pvp has to offer and play you class right and with good team mates, you'll get by. Get by! as you get your face handed you by warriors, rogues and shadow priests.

    Now, don't get me wrong, it can be done. Some people have actually done it. But its a long road filled with stun locks, fears, snares, face-braking crits, pain, suffering and lots and lots and lots of death. Have FUN!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Yeah, if you ask anyone at blizzard they would tell you that shamans in general are A ok as far as pvp goes and that absolutely nothing is wrong. They might even tell you that you should just pick the spec that you have the most fun with and play that. They might say it, they might even believe it... but that doesn't make it one ounce of truth.

    The pvp shaman spec is resto, period. You could say that enhancement and elemental are viable but what that means is as long as you have the best gear pvp has to offer and play you class right and with good team mates, you'll get by. Get by! as you get your face handed you by warriors, rogues and shadow priests.

    Now, don't get me wrong, it can be done. Some people have actually done it. But its a long road filled with stun locks, fears, snares, face-braking crits, pain, suffering and lots and lots and lots of death. Have FUN!
    vanguards is R1 on bg9 btw.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Yeah, if you ask anyone at blizzard they would tell you that shamans in general are A ok as far as pvp goes and that absolutely nothing is wrong. They might even tell you that you should just pick the spec that you have the most fun with and play that. They might say it, they might even believe it... but that doesn't make it one ounce of truth.

    The pvp shaman spec is resto, period. You could say that enhancement and elemental are viable but what that means is as long as you have the best gear pvp has to offer and play you class right and with good team mates, you'll get by. Get by! as you get your face handed you by warriors, rogues and shadow priests.

    Now, don't get me wrong, it can be done. Some people have actually done it. But its a long road filled with stun locks, fears, snares, face-braking crits, pain, suffering and lots and lots and lots of death. Have FUN!
    I giggled.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicline View Post
    vanguards is R1 on bg9 btw.
    Yeah, as I pointed out already, some people have done it. The issue here isn´t: "is it possible". It is and that should go without saying. Will you have fun while doing it? now thats a hole different issue.

    For one, I admire and have the highest regard to anyone that can actually pull it off. I couldnt and I cant. I did my best and after some of the worst play times of my life I came to the conclusion that PvP, at least as enchancement (my main and favored spec) was not for me. I just feel that Im suscetible to everything and have little to no defence against anything. But, as I said, that could just be me being bad at pvp. I just decided that since Im bad at pvp, I would just focus on normal pve content at which Im more than competent.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Yeah, as I pointed out already, some people have done it. The issue here isn´t: "is it possible". It is and that should go without saying. Will you have fun while doing it? now thats a hole different issue.

    For one, I admire and have the highest regard to anyone that can actually pull it off. I couldnt and I cant. I did my best and after some of the worst play times of my life I came to the conclusion that PvP, at least as enchancement (my main and favored spec) was not for me. I just feel that Im suscetible to everything and have little to no defence against anything. But, as I said, that could just be me being bad at pvp. I just decided that since Im bad at pvp, I would just focus on normal pve content at which Im more than competent.
    But the thing is that its not just a select few of rank 1 glads who have high ratings as enhance. There is much more enhance above 2200 then there ever was, If I were to rank melee dps, if would be: warriors=feral, enh=ret >rest. Though I do agree that rbgs are not enhance's fine point.

  10. #10
    I almost made it to 2.2k in s8 back then, and enh was there more useful than in cata (as I felt it). But even then I was basically a purge bot with wolves and bl, that was it. I felt like I barely contributed to my team.
    With MoP we got a lot of new stuff, but also lost a lot of stuff we had. I dont think enh was ever in a really all-around-well-designed state ever. I thought we would reach that in MoP during its beta, but they put out the stops after their one big blue post containing the vast majority of their planned changes.
    They created a lot of new problems, the latest being the nerf to totems and our selfhealing (I am not sure, is enh selfhealing actually hit by the change? I mean our healing scales from attackpower, doesn't it? Or are the pvp power multipliers added afterwards? If so, yeah our selfheal is screwed).

    Anyway there is not that much missing to make ele/enh into really good pvp specs, without making resto pvp. It's only a matter to get blizz to listen :/ .
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

  11. #11
    All I can tell you is that Enh is hella fun.

  12. #12
    Also the top 2 teams on bg9 have an enhance on them.

  13. #13
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In your air conditioning
    Posts
    276
    People said Enhancement was shit but in Cata, Yet i was doing just fine. In PvP , RGB & Arena. I was in a 3's teamand RGB Team that was 2.2 and still roll my Elite season 12 for Transmog. Sorry others are having a bad time. We have so many tools that can be abused yet there is a skill limit for EnH. You need to be aware of everything as Enhanment. CD your class. your targets class , Marcos. The list gos on.

    If you wanted easy mode go play a lock or warrior, If your picking to stack Mastery or Crit then just trying to roll on in to cleave someone off i can tell you right now your playing wrong. The right way to reforge and spec is by EXP. I'll let you guys figure that out.
    GC : Reclaimer, Everything you say is real and I respect you because you tell it.
    Reclaimer : When you say " Plz " instead of please, I say " No " because its shorter than Yes.
    Relliks : Dude, Reclaimer's fucking epic. He's got the right to quote himself.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactic6995 View Post
    Also the top 2 teams on bg9 have an enhance on them.
    That's a skewed assessment. There are some players with a very high skill level that will make almost any spec "viable" or "work". But for average to fairly competent players (majority of people), they'll probably have a bad time in competitive pvp with enhance. If they are just looking for BGs, enhance can still be a lot of fun though.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    People said Enhancement was shit but in Cata, Yet i was doing just fine. In PvP , RGB & Arena. I was in a 3's teamand RGB Team that was 2.2 and still roll my Elite season 12 for Transmog. Sorry others are having a bad time. We have so many tools that can be abused yet there is a skill limit for EnH. You need to be aware of everything as Enhanment. CD your class. your targets class , Marcos. The list gos on.

    If you wanted easy mode go play a lock or warrior, If your picking to stack Mastery or Crit then just trying to roll on in to cleave someone off i can tell you right now your playing wrong. The right way to reforge and spec is by EXP. I'll let you guys figure that out.
    Enhance requires little to no skill and hasn't for quite a while(just like this entire game,) it was bad in cata because the survivability is awful.
    R1 players can get R1 on any spec, enhance is still a mid-pack spec.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactic6995 View Post
    But the thing is that its not just a select few of rank 1 glads who have high ratings as enhance. There is much more enhance above 2200 then there ever was, If I were to rank melee dps, if would be: warriors=feral, enh=ret >rest. Though I do agree that rbgs are not enhance's fine point.
    bigest question i would add here would be: do they did it with their own capabilities or on mages, hunters or wariors back till recent patch

    im plaing enh for 8 years now and from my experience we were newer crushed as now with all that cc and burst combined with strong survivability at almost every class beside us sure there was been problems with some clases from time to time and we allways generaly needed more skill than others to play good pvp but now its just radiculus i just loged for fun to my mage that i dydnt checked from begining off MoP and amount off CCs and survivability CDs it have is crushing my mind when i comapre it to shaman

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactic6995 View Post
    Also the top 2 teams on bg9 have an enhance on them.
    its probably just zilea carrying. lets be honest here.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
    Looking at dusting off my enhancement shaman from wrath as i am burnt out on my shadow priest. I'm looking for serious RBGs/Arenas and I love the Enhancement playstyle but im hoping they will stay viable. Will Enhance be needed in RBGs this expansion and not rejected like they have been in Cataclysm?
    Enhancement, just like Elemental, is even worse than during Cataclysm, if you can believe it.
    And Blizzard is like "omg shamans are too strong, look at all those top teams with shamans in them!!!111" because they only look at resto.
    So don't expect any improvement in the near future. Maybe when dps specs are so underplayed they disappear competely, they will finally realize there's a problem, and then fix the specs. But I'm not holding my breath.
    Better try another class, honestly.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    Enhance requires little to no skill and hasn't for quite a while
    I lol'd. Evidentially you've never played an enhancement shaman well then.

  20. #20
    Shaman, in general, is not a good investment in this game. Accept it and move on if you really want to excel. A few stay with it long term because they've -already- invested a lot in it, but otherwise.. There's a reason Shaman is usually found in the bottom 3 of any "most played class" lists. Resto has had its brief times in the spotlight in PvE and PvP, but otherwise, it's not worth it. Do not get into Shaman, you will meet a wall of silence from blizzard and nerf upon nerf upon nerf (The only time Shaman really gets buffs is at expansion launches when some mechanics and things may change/get shuffled).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •