Page 1 of 3
LastLast

where is the so called deah knight invincibility?

my main is a warlock. my main alt is a DK.

I levelled my main up as demo. I could pull 10 or so mobs at a time and easily AoE them down.

than I levelled a monk up. he was a tank, so it doesn't count.

now I'm levelling my DK, and he's so damn squishy! if I get 3 or more mobs I start struggling for my life! he's unholy and I don't want to respec (specially not to blood)

since everybody always says DKs are so tough and they can grab 20 mobs together and kill them all, I assume I'm doing something very wrong.

so where's the death knight invincibility? how can I (as an unholy DK) start killing at least 5 mobs at a time? (that's a good killing rate. since MoP quests ask you to kill so many mobs it's a bit awkward to kill one at a time)
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

It's in the blood spec (tank spec). Respec and keybind Deathstrike to half your keyboard. Faceroll. Profit.

I just leveled my DK up, and I do so as unholy as well. But for me I had no problem pulling 5-8 mobs and killing them all quickly without dying, I didn't have to use my CD's very often either. Might have helped that my DK was all full heroic BiS DS geared tho with "the legendary sword" (that being heroic Gurth)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    where is the so called deah knight invincibility?
    I don't want to respec (specially not to blood)
    Yeah, well. Blood is the invincible one. The other two are just squishy DPS.

Yeah blood is where that mindset comes from. The others are glass cannons.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood is the "strong" spec in terms of surviving. There are ways to "survive" as frost/unholy. Dark Succor works while leveling for a big DS boost every time you kill something. Overall, though, we're far from invincible. Gone are the days of solo'ing raid bosses in the current tier, at least for right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much what everyone else has said. Blood is the invincible juggernaut you always hear people talking about. The amount of self heals/mitigation we have can get absurd sometimes.

Dps specs on classes that arn't pure (i.e, all dps specs) are rarely super survivability. The only one I can think of are enhance shammies, because you can spend your maelstrom weapon stacks on a heal instead of a damage spell, and we all know how strong shaman heals are right now. :P
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

If you leveled demo with Supremacy, you've basically leveled 2 tanks so far, so comparing UH to those isn't a fair comparison. And as everybody else is saying, blood is the invincible spec, not frost or UH.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemila View Post
    If you leveled demo with Supremacy, you've basically leveled 2 tanks so far, so comparing UH to those isn't a fair comparison. And as everybody else is saying, blood is the invincible spec, not frost or UH.
    I wish blizz would agree with you, but officially, demo is a dps spec (-_-)
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I wish blizz would agree with you, but officially, demo is a dps spec (-_-)
    I am fairly sure he means that it is a pet heavy class, as such how a BM hunter could do the same thing due to the benefits of a super buffed pet. Never taking direct dmg, it being put onto a pet, makes you essentially a tank when questing imo.

I would agree that with heroic DS gear as unholy you could plow through near mostly up to Townlong, pulling big groups and never having a problem. Once you hit end of Townlong and Dread though things did start to hurt and you had to be more careful. IMO if you want to quest in a way that is "invincible" then just take your OS as blood, and you will have no problems as long as they are within your reach.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Gone are the days of solo'ing raid bosses in the current tier, at least for right now.
    I know DK's (mostly Mione I guess) have soloed (then) current expansion raid bosses, but those feats have been possible while hugely outgearing said bosses. Which raid bosses have been soloed "in the current tier", as in wearing at most gear the boss himself drops, and nothing better?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I know DK's (mostly Mione I guess) have soloed (then) current expansion raid bosses, but those feats have been possible while hugely outgearing said bosses. Which raid bosses have been soloed "in the current tier", as in wearing at most gear the boss himself drops, and nothing better?
    I recall Mione hitting a t12 or t13 boss when current on normal mode, I THINK.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    I recall Mione hitting a t12 or t13 boss when current on normal mode, I THINK.
    s/he did omnotron in t13 mostly bis gear.

Oh, I see. I couldn't remember. It's probably in the 52 pages of solo-thread stuff.

Also @ the title...why call it that if you can see it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    Frost is a bit squishy, but if you level with chillblains you can literally kite everything, also remember to glyph for pet sac
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

I levelled my main up as demo. I could pull 10 or so mobs at a time and easily AoE them down.*

than I levelled a monk up. he was a tank, so it doesn't count.*

now I'm levelling my DK, and he's so damn squishy! if I get 3 or more mobs I start struggling for my life! he's unholy and I don't want to respec (specially not to blood)**
    *tanks (or tank-like with demon form)

**not a tank

where is the invincibility? i'm thinking it's in the tanking.

Well if you dont want to play blood because the slow gameplay of other ank classes than FORGET IT. Use dps gear and blood spec, it also benefits from the 1 sec GCD and makes the gameplay kinda enjoyable.

But if you want to stick with a dps spec, use the glyph of dark succes or something like that for the free Death Strikes and burn the mobs one by one and then heal yourself up. Also i would recommend using glyp of outbreak while levelling any spec/blood.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Other than Anti-Magic Shell DK survivability is shit. Except for blood spec as state many times in this post.

Like others have said, blood is the strong one. It is op for solo dungeons, questing, and such. My main spec is frost but i do my dailies in blood.

Yup. When you talk about DK's being invincible it's blood spec. Simple as that.