Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blood is the extremely efficient solo spec. I prefer to level as frost kiting large packs with chillbains though on my dk

Wish i had found this thread a while back. i recently leveld a dk as frost primaraly (few timesi specced blood for fast 5 man ques as leveling) Not untill i got a decent 2h could i kill more than 2 mobs at same time .. 3 was mega risky and usually ended up with a corpse run.

As blood i just felt it took too long to kill anything. having to wait till deathstrike buff stacked up to 5 before using it kinda blew, so once i got a decent 2h it was straight back to frost obliterates. I used to like unholy. but all the pet micromanaging is what i hated. (just like i refuse to play a bm hunter). If i want to manage a pet i'll play a hunter if i want to dual wield i'll play my rogue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    having to wait till deathstrike buff stacked up to 5 before using it
    Why would you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I know DK's (mostly Mione I guess) have soloed (then) current expansion raid bosses, but those feats have been possible while hugely outgearing said bosses. Which raid bosses have been soloed "in the current tier", as in wearing at most gear the boss himself drops, and nothing better?
    due to fight mechanics many people soloed Alysrazor.

Deleted
    go frost get dark succor glyph use ds after every mod is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    As blood i just felt it took too long to kill anything. having to wait till deathstrike buff stacked up to 5 before using it kinda blew,
    If you were waiting for 5 stack as blood you were playing terribly badly. When questing as blood, you use Death Strike constantly, having 1 stack or 5 stacks is 100%, totally, completely, absolutely irrelevant.

Deleted
    don't really get it, glyph of dark succor makes us a questing powerhouse as frost =/ focus one down, heal, ae more.

Quote Originally Posted by vholu View Post
    don't really get it, glyph of dark succor makes us a questing powerhouse as frost =/ focus one down, heal, ae more.
    Even with Dark Succor, if I pull 12 mobs(real mobs, not the little mini mobs) their damage comes faster than I can kill+heal. And obviously Dark Succor is useless vs an elite or rare in a 1 on 1 situation, since you can't just focus one down and move to the next. Sure, those situations don't come up often, but when they do, Frost can have problems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Even with Dark Succor, if I pull 12 mobs(real mobs, not the little mini mobs) their damage comes faster than I can kill+heal. And obviously Dark Succor is useless vs an elite or rare in a 1 on 1 situation, since you can't just focus one down and move to the next. Sure, those situations don't come up often, but when they do, Frost can have problems.
    Chilblains kite, pull one out with death grip, kill him, ds another one.. etc and dont forget AotD 30 sec of free tanking for everything around you, if u low on health= death pact, plus there is remorseless winter and chains of ice.. its hard to die as frost in solo pve if u play your cards right.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedsoul View Post
    Chilblains kite, pull one out with death grip, kill him, ds another one.. etc and dont forget AotD 30 sec of free tanking for everything around you, if u low on health= death pact, plus there is remorseless winter and chains of ice.. its hard to die as frost in solo pve if u play your cards right.
    Sure, if you wanna take Chillblains instead of Death's Advance, which I would basically never do outside of PvP. Not to mention if you're spending time dicking around kiting them all, you may as well just go blood and destroy them AoE style, as it's gonna be faster. As for AotD yeah, it's awesome, but it's also a 10 minute CD, something I'd rather save for rares/elites if possible. Of course, if you're gonna die without it, yeah, pop it, but it's not exactly something you can have whenever you want. Remorseless is indeed handy if you get a bunch on you though, esp since it only has a 1 min CD and can be a life saver.

Afraid blood it is,

like someone said frost with CB can work, but personally I find that dodgy, if you screw it up or move to the wrong direction, or something happens and you get hit, you take a shit load of damage,

With blood I can nuke down a mob of 10 at the same speed I can nuke down 1, maybe a few seconds more,

You also have the will of the necro in blood and the proc on rune tap to restore hp when you do "die",

Also, with vamp blood, and death pact, you have a instant 180k -200k heal, which can be a life safer right after you been stunned,

I level'd 89-90 in just over a hour and a half yesterday, I was mount pulling, getting around 7-10 each pull, 44k exp per kill so 440k max exp per pull, while doing 4-6 quests at a time, I used the dominate mind perk, and the "impale" one, as you get a point towards for stack for our mastery, so all I was doing, dot spread, DS, DD- RS RS RS get 12 blood taps, use them, refresh's DS, use DS hit 10 stacks, instant 80k damage and 5 second stun, to build up a shield of 70k or so, which would last straigh back upto 7 or so stacks,

Now include dodging and parry into that, your practically get a point towards the stack every single time something lands on you,

It goes very quickly

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 02:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Sure, if you wanna take Chillblains instead of Death's Advance, which I would basically never do outside of PvP. Not to mention if you're spending time dicking around kiting them all, you may as well just go blood and destroy them AoE style, as it's gonna be faster. As for AotD yeah, it's awesome, but it's also a 10 minute CD, something I'd rather save for rares/elites if possible. Of course, if you're gonna die without it, yeah, pop it, but it's not exactly something you can have whenever you want. Remorseless is indeed handy if you get a bunch on you though, esp since it only has a 1 min CD and can be a life saver.
    I have to agree with the argument this guy said, the dude he quoted, is totally doing it the hard way,

AOTD 10 mins cd
    The glyph for DS, wasted glyph spot,
    Its still only solo targeting no matter how many you pull after,
    and no its easy to die as frost, because your relying on chance, that you'll hit hard enough all the time and you don't get hit from multiple mobs, if you slow fails or expires youve fucked yourself over,

Blood is the only way to power level, theres no other argument
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Well, there is another argument, and it's that blood is personal preference. Between nitro boosts and goblin jump etc I could kill 2-3 mobs at a time as frost very quickly and get to the next pack quick enough to make the time difference negligible. In my experience I would say play like this as frost is vastly quicker than spending all your time gathering groups as blood. It is 100%, absolutely, completely personal preference. You think you do it faster as blood your way, and while I've tried both I've found it faster and more enjoyable my way is frost.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    The glyph for DS, wasted glyph spot,
    How is that a waste of a glyph slot in solo pve frost?

Lets say blood vs frost is a personal preference even thou I am MS blood for raiding etc I still find frost superior for solo pve questing as I can nuke any mob in 3-5 sec flat. Blood has its merits only if you are doing 10-12 or more mobs so you actually get some vengeance otherwise you'll be there half a day killing a pack of 5 mobs which as frost you can zerg down in what 12-13sec. Bout as much time as it would take you as blood to group them... Only time i see blood having better times than frost is if you constantly chain pulling more then 10 mobs.. just grinding xp by killing as per your example.
    Besides when I was talking about chillblains kitting, AotD etc I was just rebuking the fact that frost DKs die easily.. they don't if you know what u doing

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    my main is a warlock. my main alt is a DK.

I levelled my main up as demo. I could pull 10 or so mobs at a time and easily AoE them down.

than I levelled a monk up. he was a tank, so it doesn't count.

now I'm levelling my DK, and he's so damn squishy! if I get 3 or more mobs I start struggling for my life! he's unholy and I don't want to respec (specially not to blood)

since everybody always says DKs are so tough and they can grab 20 mobs together and kill them all, I assume I'm doing something very wrong.

so where's the death knight invincibility? how can I (as an unholy DK) start killing at least 5 mobs at a time? (that's a good killing rate. since MoP quests ask you to kill so many mobs it's a bit awkward to kill one at a time)
    DKs (dps) are one of the most squishy classes ever lol. Feels like im wearing cloth tbh

15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone should level as blood. It's just way more faster, because you can pull as many mobs as you see and come out with full health. Perhaps even fastest I've seen yet, except hunters are close once they get misdirect, which is a looong wait. Not sure why they're not giving it early on, it's the most important ability for survivability.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!