Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think every time they say "this might be the one game to topple WOW" they are just dooming the game.
    All these games with new modern graphics, and the "great" theme of Star Wars, and they are just junk now.

People just need to get on board with WOW and quit paying for pretenders.

High Overlord
    I will agree D3 was a failure, but i don't understand my self logging occasionally after some patches and playing for weeks and weeks, even now that i am focused on WoW again . It seems D3 gets better and better, or say it otherwise less worse by the time ?

Daikatana : greatest letdown i had in games
    Star Wars Battlefront : no comment
    Wargasm : the RTS sarcasm!
    warhammer 40k: fire warrior : Total letdown too
    Test Drive 4 : My old favorite driving series just died because of it

Now..there are worse games out there that i have played too , but i can't remember them because there were
    THAT BAD THAT MY BRAIN DELETED THE MEMORY!

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    Swtor didnt sell millions but was actually a half decent game, so what is the criteria for judging these
    SWTOR is considered a fail because it was made with huge production costs and its main purpose was to demolish wow. That's what EA hoped and hyped the game to kingdom-come for. For that purpose, it failed utterly.

For the purpose of being an average game, it's good enough.
    ...and then...fucking ponies everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    So it was the fastest selling game who cares? Hardly anyone plays it anymore. A great game keeps people playing for months if not years. Diablo 3 was the same as SW:ToR. Lots of initial sales but once people saw all the bugs and how horrible the game was they quit. Look through this post and how many people picked Diablo 3. Go read the offical forums a few months back at how angry everyone was. There was like a 25 page post titled "What did you spend your RMAH earnings on" 90% of the answers were "I bought GW2" Does that sound like people who were happy with the game?

The fact that Diablo 3 sold so many copies yet so few still play it is why its such an obvious flop. If it was a success why doesnt it have 8-9 million people still logging in like WoW does?

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 06:21 PM ----------

I played the game at launch.
    The game changed and btw on Xfire samples: D3 has around 60% of WOW player numbers. Talking western figures as Xfire is a western sample, that means ... 2-3 million people play it these days ....

I think a LOT of players play D3 now and then. it is no MMO you need to keep playing either to get attunements or reputation grinds.

YOu play D3 to have fun and you can NOW down DIablo 3 in Inferno in normal open group levels without ever going to the AH. Ever.

It is another story with MP5 to MP 10 though, but everyone can now CHOOSE his/her own challenge.

Learn to play the D3 game patch 1.05 before judging....
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-19 at 11:57 PM.

1. L.o.L
    2. Gw2
    3. Swtor

Jet set willy II
    Bandersnatch
    Diablo III

Quote Originally Posted by Alski View Post
    I feel sorry for the people who think this way.
    guess you didnt play a monk at release? I never beat Act 2 until the RMAH was released because I couldnt afford the gear to do so using in game gold. I farmed for 7-8 hours a day and got nothing so dont say I wasnt putting in the effort. Nothing ever sold and I could never afford gear to to even not get 1 shot by the wasps in Act 2. Im starting to think that the game actually launched with hidden Monster Power and it was set to 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo4200 View Post
    1. L.o.L
    2. Gw2
    3. Swtor
    How can you be disappointed by LOL ?! The gameplay is so easy and straightforward that you may as well be disappointed by Tetris.
    ...and then...fucking ponies everywhere.

diablo3, swtor, gw2

DAT

FOUKING

Hellgate : London. Never waited a game soooooo much : trailers were AMAZING, the universe looked awesome adn Bill "Diablo II" Roper was at command !!!
    But it was complete crap. When I heared Bill Roper bashing DIII (which is also not good but still far far far better) I died a little.

I even own one of the Sideshow gorgeous figure they made before the release (still awesome in my gaming room, but when I have to explain that it is from an obscur super bad game...)

THIS game taught me a lesson, I never jump in the hype wagon for a game now, NEVER (or just for wow addon ). You killed my innocence Bill !!

Star Trek Online - So much potential squandered by handing it to the wrong company.

Star Wars The Old Republic - Great as a single player game, bad as an MMO.

and lastly, Mass Effect 3's ending. I do not need to explain this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    How can you be disappointed by LOL ?! The gameplay is so easy and straightforward that you may as well be disappointed by Tetris.
    I picked L.oL cause of how boring it is..... Snore fest only one worse than it is Smite.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Another one who didn't play since patches 1.04 and 1.05.
    Does it matter if they did, or didn't. If their earlier experiences have turned them off playing the game, a few post patch improvements aren't going to change their opinion. The same could be said for other games on this list, including The Secret World and Swtor. They are also a much better game after a few patches, but it's still too late to salvage their players, or their reputations.

As for my list.

1. Swtor. I played it, and enjoyed it more than Mists of Pandaria (I've already cancelled my account for Mop), but there were too many individual elements that caused players to simply stop caring and stop playing.
    2. Warhammer Online. So much potential. Just not handled very well.
    3. Mists of Pandaria. Shortest amount of time I have ever played an MMO / expansion. I had zero desire to log back in after only a few weeks.
    "Video games only exist, so that idiots have something to be good at" - Joe Hildebrand

I feel this thread is filled with very new and very young gamers. Most of the games mentioned cannot even hold a light to some of the games produced back in the day.

There is the famous E.T. Atari game that changed the game industry for how bad it was.

In the last decade there has been Age of Conan, while the first 20 levels were cool with the voiced over text for quests and what not, the rest of the game felt unfinished.

Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis had some of the worst controls I have ever experienced in a game. The graphics looked like someone had fun in MS Paint.

There was Superman on the N64 which just... I think if the game loaded it was a good day. So many bugs.

There was the TurboGrafx-16. While I loved Bonk the rest of the games for that system were terrible. Not that much fun. Granted this was a console system failure rather than game failure.

Other Honorable Mentions of Fail: Southpark for PC, Duke Nukem Forever, Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, The last Leisure Suit Game, Elf Bowling for the GBA, Most TV/Movie to Video Games such as Survivor and Charlie's Angels.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

I don't buy many games so the only ones on my list are the ones I bought, played for a short time and then uninstalled since I knew I'd never play again.

Conan online and SWTOR. I didn't have high hopes for conan so I wasn't really surprised when I got bored of that one but SWTOR launching the way it did sort of blew me away. Hell, I'd rather go back and play Sony's version before I'd play SWTOR again (though sony's version is offline now).

I can't say that D3 was a failure for me. I played a barbarian, killed Diablo with a buddy over a few hours on the 1st saturday after lunch and haven't touched it again. It's not that I didn't like it, I'd just rather spend the limited time I have to play video games on WoW. D3 was everything I thought it would be but those types of games don't hold any interest for me now.

I was going to pick up GW2 but glad I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    guess you didnt play a monk at release? I never beat Act 2 until the RMAH was released because I couldnt afford the gear to do so using in game gold. I farmed for 7-8 hours a day and got nothing so dont say I wasnt putting in the effort. Nothing ever sold and I could never afford gear to to even not get 1 shot by the wasps in Act 2. Im starting to think that the game actually launched with hidden Monster Power and it was set to 10.
    I'll give you 100 dollars IF you would play Diablo 3 NOW and you would come back within 1 week and say it stinks.

But don't forget to enable MP play of course ... and first read about the new end game mechanics... since I hope you still have your Monk or DH...

But of course you won't accept the bet, since you would need to change the content of your thread ))

Diablo has changed a lot and is now what it should've been. But sadly it seems the damage has been done (though the pvp is still missing, but I can understand that when players deal 3m+ dps it'll be a nightmare to sort out).
    Recently went back to test things out, finished inferno and now I'm trying to gear my monk to tackle higher monster power levels.
    Still waiting for my first new legendary drop as they've greatly buffed them.
    Last edited by Dewote; 2012-11-20 at 12:04 AM.
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo4200 View Post
    1. L.o.L
    2. Gw2
    3. Swtor
    Are you joking? LoL is like the biggest online game right now....

1: WoW Cataclysm
    2: WoW Mist of dailys.. sorry.. Pandaria
    3: Diablo 3

Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post
    Are you joking? LoL is like the biggest online game right now....
    I find it very boring