Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    So much hate for SWTOR, and here i am, playing it as i write and enjoying it.
    SWTOR wasnt a failure, Galaxies was a failure.
    Christ I really hate that you are right. I don't want to agree with you so much. SWG was a failure only in what SOE did to it. The game itself didn't fail. All the meddling done to it caused it's demise.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

1. Final Fantasy 14
    2. Duke Nukem Forever
    3. Command and Conquer 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Christ I really hate that you are right.
    I hear that alot.

This is my standard for failure and success. Does it entertain me for more than an hour? If not, failure.

Then comes the hours of entertainment to dollars spent ratio. If it's below one, I want my freaking money back. If it's between one and two, good job. If it's more than that, great game. If it's more than 10, this game is awesome.

With that standard in mind, I'm glad I've never wasted my money over the past 10 years.

I enjoyed swtor, I enjoyed gw2, heck I even enjoyed most of wow till I got bored of the same procedures. Was it bang of my buck? Certainly.

In my mind, if there's even 1% of the population that enjoyed it for the first 10 hours, it's not a failure.
    Last edited by cywang86; 2012-11-25 at 01:30 AM.

This is my standard for failure and success. Does it entertain me for more than an hour? If not, failure.
    This is a good standard. That being said I've never been so lucky as to type that
    I'm glad I've never wasted my money over the past 10 years
    . Luckily I've finally learned wait out games instead of buying them first day of release.

Rift failed to hold my attention for 10 minutes let alone an hour, probably my worst game investment in the last few years. The questing was just so dull and the rifts were mediocre at best, pvp was all over the place.
    Last edited by Celista; 2012-11-25 at 05:42 AM.

Deleted
    - Black & White
    - WoW since LK
    - Warhammer Online

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    I will list 3 games I thought would be epic, based on reviews and fan praise, but thought did not live up to my expectations.

1. Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
    2. GTA: 4
    3. Bioshock
    GTFO Troll!

Don't call others trolls.
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-11-25 at 05:55 AM.

SWToR, Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3.
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    1) Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Boy was I excited for this game after the awesome adventure that was Morrowind. Talk about dull and uninspired. There's nothing memorable or unique about this game. It could have been called something else and you would have had no idea it was an Elder Scrolls title.

2) World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. You know I actually enjoyed the beginning of the expansion and thought the first raid tier was pretty dang good. It just went downhill from there though. Dragon Soul has to be, by far, the worst MMO experience I've ever had. Anticlimactic ending to what could have been a great story, with dull reused boss models and areas as Thrall holds your hand through a series of cutscenes.

3) Grand Theft Auto IV. Wow. Words cannot describe what went wrong with this game. I don't think there's a single good thing about it. It's mindless, boring, overrated and does nothing to further the sandbox genre.
    I like this. Sincerely. The poster takes 3 extremely successful titles and legitimately explains why in his eyes they were failures. Not by mindlessly bashing them or by simply listing them and leaving, but with valid points. Well done. Now, if only 90% of the rest of the thread would have been like this.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I like this. Sincerely. The poster takes 3 extremely successful titles and legitimately explains why in his eyes they were failures.
    He doesnt say anything about GTA IV.

Everything blizzard has made since burning crusade
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

0) FPS generation: i hate this genre and it's killing video games imo
    1) SW:TOR
    2) Cataclysm
    3) FFXIII

1) Dragon Age 2

The sequel to quite possibly one of the greatest games ever created. MASSIVE let down. Awful combat. Unfulfilling story and boring characters. The trailer was absolutley epic, but failed to live up to it. Probably the most disappointing game I've ever played especially after the genius of Dragon Age Origins.

2) Diablo III

Good at first, but theirs literally no replay value. Skill system is stupid. Items are too random. Once I completed it once or twice, haven't played it since. Not even interested in any updates or future expansions. Again, a very poor sequel after Diablo II

3) The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Hate where the Zelda series is going. Just keeps getting worse. Although Majora's Mask was a worthy follow up from OoT. Wind Waker was OK. Would of been excellent if it wasn't cell shaded. Twilight Princess was poor. Haven't even bothered playing Skyward Sword as I sold my Wii. I don't know why Nintendo insist on using the Wii controllers for every game. Should be like the Kinect. Maybe the Wii U will bring Zelda back into the right path.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Everything blizzard has made since burning crusade
    Right, OK.

And yet...

Level 85s (WoW): Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman
    So even though it is a bad game in your eyes, you still have every class at level 85.

Deleted
    Warhammer Online: The age of reckoning...

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Right, OK.

And yet...

So even though it is a bad game in your eyes, you still have every class at level 85.
    Yep. I know how bad it was because I was there.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    If you knew anything about the gaming industry/history I suggest you lookup the game E.T.

Changed the title of this thread to better reflect the conversation being had. Anyone blatantly bashing games or opinions will be slapped with infractions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Changed the title of this thread to better reflect the conversation being had. Anyone blatantly bashing games or opinions will be slapped with infractions.
    Should have left the name as it was and delete all posts from here to start again. Instead you turned it into "i dont like this game" thread no. 196341.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Should have left the name as it was and delete all posts from here to start again. Instead you turned it into "i dont like this game" thread no. 196341.
    It already was. The fact that there are some actually constructive posts is the only reason it's still open.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo4200 View Post
    Bioware is a horrible game company
    Debatable, they did Knights of the old republic 1+2 very well
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate