Those 2 really stick out, maybe Cataclysm as well although it really only completely collapsed with Dragon Soul. I've played many, many games worse than these but for it to be a huge disappointment for me then I needed to already be really invested in the series. I liked DA2, it's just that DAO was so great that I was very let down. As for Oblivion, it was already a drag and when I did one portal and learned the rest of the game would be doing that over and over I just quit and never finished. I'm sure ME3 makes many people's lists, but for me even though the last 15 minutes was awful the game itself was outstanding and the best of the series (I thought). I had so much fun playing that I didn't want it to end. I can't say a game that good is a huge disappointment no matter how bad the ending was (it was really, really bad though). Oh, an honorable mention is EQ2. I wasn't super hardcore with Everquest but I played quite a bit and enjoyed it. I spent some time in the WoW beta before EQ2 came out and was amazed. Naturally, I was hoping EQ2 would be equally as compelling and I gave it a whirl as, iirc, it came out 2 weeks before WoW. Well, they rushed it out and it was basically garbage, I quit at lvl20 I think from sheer boredom and just sat around and waited the last few days until WoW was released. As for SWTOR, I really enjoyed leveling and the crafting system and it was only after I reached max level and tried to run dungeons and raids that I really became disillusioned with the game. They did a lot of things right, just not enough of them to challenge the 800 lb gorilla.
Last edited by Dunkman; 2012-11-29 at 06:30 PM.
1. TOR - Usually with bad games I can sort of see what they were aiming for but even without accounting for their budget and the amount of time I'm at a loss as to why to what they were thinking.
2. The Force Unleashed 2 - I couldn't believe how short it was (6 hours). Not to mention the last boss fight (Uggghhh).
3. NFS: The Run - Single Player was too short/Game crippling bugs unless you were lucky/Multiplayer wasn't fun among others. I think I played it for a week and haven't been back since.
Oh man I forgot about Dragon Age 2. Maybe purposely. that was quite a disappointment after Dragon Age 1. One city? Really?
Thank you for all the doubts, and for all the questioning,
for all the loneliness and for all the suffering.
For all the emptiness, and the scars it left inside.
it inspired in me, an impetus to fight.
1. SW:TOR, I tried to like it, I really really did, but I couldn't keep myself playing it. Hell, even ftp I won't play it
2. God of War 3. Ruined him being a hero by having him become so set on destroying the gods, even if it destroys the world. The oceans raged and rose up, drowning probably most of the world, on top of no sun, no control of the heavens, the death of hera causing a lot of the plants to die. In a sense, he nuked half the world just to have his revenge, then killing himself because YOLO.
3. Rift, though that's probably my crappy comp had bad fps. what little i played i loved, the choppy image just got to me. I have a feeling I'll love it when i get a better comp
Originally Posted by BlizzardCSOriginally Posted by Kena Lea
Might be easy to think mmo's are failing. In actual fact they aren't - people just have a much shorter attention span and those who used to play them are getting older and have lives to deal with. Also, you only tend to stick to a game where your friends play. Why do you think social media style games have been so successful.
Only mmo's I'm currently playing are WoW and GW 2. Spending more time in the latter as I have friends there and I've found it more enjoyable than what has to offer for now.
I still maintain a subscription to The Secret World but just haven't had time to play much else at the moment. May get Rift : Storm Legion at some point.
Warhammer Online - Such a cool IP, such a disappointing MMO.
SW:TOR - Same as above
GW2 - I tried the beta and found it to be a bland game. Which I can say of a lot of games, but GW2 had so much hype going.
1. Diablo 3 - sad game, wasted many hours on that I regret horribly
2. Guild Wars 2 - no poin to play it tbh, wasted just a few hours total, so its ok
3. WoW - because every patch resets your progress and u are a mindless bot to just play what they give u, the same thing, again and again, I insanelly regret playing this game during some important time for me so I wasted an great opportunity in my life...probably will never happen again. FUCK U MMO.
---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 11:32 AM ----------
What's wrong about SC2? I know there are some balance issues (huehue patchzergs raging from terrans!) but it's not that bad either, remember Vanilla Starcraft? the one where spawning pool only costed 150 minerals? yeah... it was not even balanced (iir it was 150).
At least on the HotS beta most of the stuff are being tweaked quite a lot, the raven QOL change is somewhat nice.