Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ...
20
28
29
30
31
LastLast
  1. #581
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Yes, it is extremely rare to get a hold of a good game like BG2, Torment, NWN2, Pharaoh, AoE2, kotor etc, because most of the games nowadays are more about shiny pixels and $$$ from innitial sales and microtransactions than about being a good game. Its sad when I want to play a good game, I have to put 10-15 years old CD in.
    This is a great reply to the quoted words. And this will never change because the masses will continue to buy these subpar games. And that's all these companies care about. They put a little effort in, and get an assload of money for it. It is very sad that in order to play a decent, complete game you have to play a game that is 10+ years old. Very sad.

  2. #582
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    This is a great reply to the quoted words. And this will never change because the masses will continue to buy these subpar games. And that's all these companies care about. They put a little effort in, and get an assload of money for it. It is very sad that in order to play a decent, complete game you have to play a game that is 10+ years old. Very sad.
    Do you guys just completely ignore indie games or what. It sort of reminds me of people who listen exclusively to dadrock and complain about modern music when their only source of "modern music" is the radio or TV.

  3. #583
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Do you guys just completely ignore indie games or what.
    95% of indie games are complete garbage, its even worse than EA. Just because some of the good games are independent it doesnt mean all of them are great.

  4. #584
    Oblivion
    DA2
    Cata? EQ2?

    Those 2 really stick out, maybe Cataclysm as well although it really only completely collapsed with Dragon Soul. I've played many, many games worse than these but for it to be a huge disappointment for me then I needed to already be really invested in the series. I liked DA2, it's just that DAO was so great that I was very let down. As for Oblivion, it was already a drag and when I did one portal and learned the rest of the game would be doing that over and over I just quit and never finished. I'm sure ME3 makes many people's lists, but for me even though the last 15 minutes was awful the game itself was outstanding and the best of the series (I thought). I had so much fun playing that I didn't want it to end. I can't say a game that good is a huge disappointment no matter how bad the ending was (it was really, really bad though). Oh, an honorable mention is EQ2. I wasn't super hardcore with Everquest but I played quite a bit and enjoyed it. I spent some time in the WoW beta before EQ2 came out and was amazed. Naturally, I was hoping EQ2 would be equally as compelling and I gave it a whirl as, iirc, it came out 2 weeks before WoW. Well, they rushed it out and it was basically garbage, I quit at lvl20 I think from sheer boredom and just sat around and waited the last few days until WoW was released. As for SWTOR, I really enjoyed leveling and the crafting system and it was only after I reached max level and tried to run dungeons and raids that I really became disillusioned with the game. They did a lot of things right, just not enough of them to challenge the 800 lb gorilla.
    Last edited by Dunkman; 2012-11-29 at 06:30 PM.

  5. #585
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    95% of indie games are complete garbage, its even worse than EA. Just because some of the good games are independent it doesnt mean all of them are great.
    95% of all artistic production of any medium of any point in time of any genre is complete garbage.

  6. #586
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    95% of indie games are complete garbage, its even worse than EA. Just because some of the good games are independent it doesnt mean all of them are great.
    Warfighter

    Nothing is worse than that.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Silver Hunter -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  7. #587
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Warfighter

    Nothing is worse than that.
    Silver Dollar games



    I highly doubt that generic FPS is worse than games like this.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2012-11-29 at 07:18 PM.

  8. #588
    Moderator Sj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    5,752
    Let's get back on topic. There are good games and bad games; it doesn't matter if they're indie or not.

  9. #589
    1. TOR - Usually with bad games I can sort of see what they were aiming for but even without accounting for their budget and the amount of time I'm at a loss as to why to what they were thinking.

    2. The Force Unleashed 2 - I couldn't believe how short it was (6 hours). Not to mention the last boss fight (Uggghhh).

    3. NFS: The Run - Single Player was too short/Game crippling bugs unless you were lucky/Multiplayer wasn't fun among others. I think I played it for a week and haven't been back since.

  10. #590
    The Lightbringer Rukh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,625
    Oh man I forgot about Dragon Age 2. Maybe purposely. that was quite a disappointment after Dragon Age 1. One city? Really?
    Still bitter.

  11. #591
    1. SW:TOR, I tried to like it, I really really did, but I couldn't keep myself playing it. Hell, even ftp I won't play it
    2. God of War 3. Ruined him being a hero by having him become so set on destroying the gods, even if it destroys the world. The oceans raged and rose up, drowning probably most of the world, on top of no sun, no control of the heavens, the death of hera causing a lot of the plants to die. In a sense, he nuked half the world just to have his revenge, then killing himself because YOLO.
    3. Rift, though that's probably my crappy comp had bad fps. what little i played i loved, the choppy image just got to me. I have a feeling I'll love it when i get a better comp
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardCS
    We're aware that some players are experiencing latency and server stability issues, and are investigating. Thanks for your patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kena Lea
    @BlizzardCS not being able to connect to anything is a bit beyond latency dear.

  12. #592
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Silver Dollar games



    I highly doubt that generic FPS is worse than games like this.
    Toad man is amazing.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Silver Hunter -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  13. #593
    Might be easy to think mmo's are failing. In actual fact they aren't - people just have a much shorter attention span and those who used to play them are getting older and have lives to deal with. Also, you only tend to stick to a game where your friends play. Why do you think social media style games have been so successful.

    Only mmo's I'm currently playing are WoW and GW 2. Spending more time in the latter as I have friends there and I've found it more enjoyable than what has to offer for now.
    I still maintain a subscription to The Secret World but just haven't had time to play much else at the moment. May get Rift : Storm Legion at some point.

  14. #594
    Pit Lord Worgoblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Kronos WoW - Vanilla server
    Posts
    2,328
    Warhammer Online - Such a cool IP, such a disappointing MMO.

    SW:TOR - Same as above

    GW2 - I tried the beta and found it to be a bland game. Which I can say of a lot of games, but GW2 had so much hype going.

  15. #595
    1. Diablo 3 - sad game, wasted many hours on that I regret horribly
    2. Guild Wars 2 - no poin to play it tbh, wasted just a few hours total, so its ok
    3. WoW - because every patch resets your progress and u are a mindless bot to just play what they give u, the same thing, again and again, I insanelly regret playing this game during some important time for me so I wasted an great opportunity in my life...probably will never happen again. FUCK U MMO.

  16. #596
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    1. Diablo 3 - sad game, wasted many hours on that I regret horribly
    2. Guild Wars 2 - no poin to play it tbh, wasted just a few hours total, so its ok
    3. WoW - because every patch resets your progress and u are a mindless bot to just play what they give u, the same thing, again and again, I insanelly regret playing this game during some important time for me so I wasted an great opportunity in my life...probably will never happen again. FUCK U MMO.
    You'll literally never like mmos at all.

  17. #597
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfighter101 View Post
    1
    3. Rift, though that's probably my crappy comp had bad fps. what little i played i loved, the choppy image just got to me. I have a feeling I'll love it when i get a better comp
    When I got my new PC Rift was 10x better.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 11:32 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    You'll literally never like mmos at all.
    He names some of the worst MMOs and one that isnt even an MMO and you claim he doesnt like MMOs? You know there ARE other games besides WoW. DAoC, Ultima Online, Everquest all better than WoW...which is probably why WoW borrowed pretty much everything from those early games and polished it up and even hired on 2-3 of their players as lead Devs to make vanilla.

  18. #598
    Moderator Sj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    5,752
    Let's not start a game vs. game discussion. Opinions are going to differ, so there's no need to play freelance psychologist with someone's post!

  19. #599
    Pit Lord barackopala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chile, Viña del Mar
    Posts
    2,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Come on, Skelington didn't really like either one, but ST fixed most of what went wrong with PH.

    Pokemon D/P
    Oblivion/Skyrim
    Starcraft 2
    Paper Mario: Sticker Star. It's a good game, but it'll make Paper Mario fans sad.
    Metroid: Other M
    Never played DS sadly, would've loved to play the zelda games just for the sake of it.

    What's wrong about SC2? I know there are some balance issues (huehue patchzergs raging from terrans!) but it's not that bad either, remember Vanilla Starcraft? the one where spawning pool only costed 150 minerals? yeah... it was not even balanced (iir it was 150).

    At least on the HotS beta most of the stuff are being tweaked quite a lot, the raven QOL change is somewhat nice.

  20. #600
    Herald of the Titans Sibut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,730
    SWTOR, Diablo 3, Final Fantasy VIII
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Come to Detroit for the beer and crumbling architecture.

    Stay in Detroit because someone stole your passport.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •