Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Diablo 3 failed? I don't really understand.

One game that really actually failed was Duke Nukem Forever.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Mass Effect 3 ruined the franchise.
    Final Fantasy 14 was one of the worst triple A titles to be launched ever.
    Dragonball Z Budokai Ultimate Tenkaichi was probably the worst conception for a fighting game for people past the age of 2.

Take your pick. I am sure anyone that has been gaming for a while has played at least three of these games. (unless of course you are the person who only has played top end games. In which case I envy you. )

Edit: Forgot the second half.

Last edited by ngc2440; 2012-11-19 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    1. Diablo 3
    Also when I started there was like 40,000 public games and now theres only 400ish. They sold what like 15 million copies? I doubt theres even 100k people per region still playing.
    It's people like you that really piss me off for being so oblivious. You act like a game such as Diablo 3, the way it's designed, could possibly be a replacement for any other MMO. It wasn't.
    Yeah, it's an MMO because millions of people will play when it comes out. Does that mean they'll play for 3 years? No. Quit implying so.
    Diablo was never, and will never, ever be a replacement for anything. It was never intended as a replacement for WoW. It was never intended to replace anything to anyone.
    That's like saying people will quit wow forever because GTA:V is coming out, since it'll be such a good game nobody will ever play anything else. Don't be stupid.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hah, I knew SWTOR would be on this list. So many people butthurt over that game.

Still subscribed, still playing, still loving the hell out of it. AKA: Not a failure.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Warhammer Online. That game had such potential and they pissed it away. Sure there are still people who play it, but you hear nothing about it, and it has never come out with an xpac since release.

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Hah, I knew SWTOR would be on this list. So many people butthurt over that game.

Still subscribed, still playing, still loving the hell out of it. AKA: Not a failure.
    It took Everquest 13 years to go Free to play. It took SW:ToR 6 months. Id consider that a massive failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    1. Diablo 3
    I never played D2 becuase I had already started playing MMOs pretty hardcore back then but I heard it was a great game. So when Blizzard said I could get D3 for free with the annual pass I figured what the hell Im not quitting WoW anytime soon and did. Thank God I didnt actually pay for this steaming pile of poo. Made the mistake of picking a monk for my first class at launch and then witch doctor. Wish someone would have told me the only correct class to play at launch was Demon Huter. When I got into Inferno a week after launch it was just impossible. I remember even in a full group we couldnt even beat the 3 hammer trolls at the chapel where the final sword fragment was. The first time I tried The Butcher, again in a full group we quit after 27 wipes. Also the grouping system was terrible as you were forced to only group with other melees as all the Wiz/DHs were loling there way through Acts 3/4 and had no reason to join public games and carry melees.

The game was also impossible to play as a melee becuase of the giant Catch 22 Blizzard thought it would be cute to add. You couldnt beat act 1 unless you had gear from Acts 3/4 which you couldnt afford because you were stuck in Act 1 because you couldnt kill anything to progress without better gear. Also farming for 2months with a MF of 350 and only getting a single item worth 20 mil gold? Yeah brilliant job with the loot tables Blizzard. Thats like going to work and not getting paid. Also when I started there was like 40,000 public games and now theres only 400ish. They sold what like 15 million copies? I doubt theres even 100k people per region still playing. Blizzard definitely laughed all the way to the bank on this game.
    It's funny you say this. My group actually had a DH, WD, Monk and if not for me (the monk) we wouldn't have made Act 2. The absorbs and healing that I used in my build helped tremendously.

Quote Originally Posted by freeforumuser View Post
    The closest thing IMO would be Oblivion, everything was so lazy and sloppily done.
    And another I completely disagree with. Oblivion was a great follow up to Morrowind imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    One game that really actually failed was Duke Nukem Forever.
    The only failure of DNF was that it was actually released. Should have stayed in it's cult status and they should have made a new one.

Anyway two games come to mind for now that where failure on my part:

- Legacy of Kain: Soulreaver
    You know, this probably could have been a good game I guess if it just have had a proper save/savepoint system. Every death meant you had to walk from the starting area to the area you actually where and that over and over and over and over... well you get the point.

- Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
    I hardly don't know where to begin with this. Guess we should have realized earlier that this game wasn't made by Insomniac, but we missed that red flag.
    First of all what was Sony thinking at quality control to even allow this to be released. This game was hardly in a beta stage. Huge framerate issue, unresponsive controls, several game breaking bugs including several that crashed the game, ohh aaaaaand the loading times if they would end at all. I think I just turned it off several times because I just gave up my hopes for it actually loading.
    Noticed something? I didn't even talk about the content yet... My main gripe would be that the levels where huge, which in essence isn't a bad thing, but what is the point of a big level if there is nothing in it. This game seriously has to be one of the biggest insults to gamers ever, especially of the fans of the previous PS1 Spyro games.

10+ Year Old Account
    1.SWTOR
    2.Cata
    3.AC:Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    It's people like you that really piss me off for being so oblivious. You act like a game such as Diablo 3, the way it's designed, could possibly be a replacement for any other MMO. It wasn't.
    Yeah, it's an MMO because millions of people will play when it comes out. Does that mean they'll play for 3 years? No. Quit implying so.
    Diablo was never, and will never, ever be a replacement for anything. It was never intended as a replacement for WoW. It was never intended to replace anything to anyone.
    That's like saying people will quit wow forever because GTA:V is coming out, since it'll be such a good game nobody will ever play anything else. Don't be stupid.
    Judging from your comment, you make it seem like it was perfectly normal for people to play D3 purely to kill diablo and then never load the game.

The guy is right, I knew so many people (streamers too) who were hardcore on D3 at launch and how amazing it was and they'd be playing it for a long time... few months later they don't even have the desire to play it.

The way D3 is designed, Blizzard definitely hoped it would have a sustained player-base and not 400 games only which he is right on, at least in the US.

The problem is, that it doesn't.

As to the OP:

1.) ToR (tied with GW2)
    2.) GW2 (tied with ToR)
    3.) D3

Deleted
    1. Dark Souls for PC, yes I know it can be modded, but a game shouldn't need mods to be playable.
    2. Spore, so much potential, so much disappointment.
    3. Darkspore; take everything what spore was, make the gameplay even worse and make every level a boring, repititive grind.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2012-11-19 at 10:10 PM.

Im tempted to add Guild Wars 2 to this list. Super over hyped more so than SW:ToR I think. The entire community is up in arms on every forum including the official ones. The Devs refuse to comment on anything which only makes things worse not to mention the forum mods have gone full Nazi mode locking every post and issuing suspenions even when people make decent posts saying whats wrong and needs fixing calling them "Trolls". So much stuff it still blatently broken like pet AI and certain class weapon skills that should have been fixed from the start. Patch after patch is released but nothing is really fixed. Basically the game has only ONE happy class and thats Warriors. I tried pretty much every class and either found them boring or clunky to play. I wanted to play the necro with minions but they are 100% broken. I just rerolled warrior like everyone else and I seem to be happy.

Also I remember when towns used to be packed and there were hour long queues for WvWvW pvp. Now I hardly see anyone in the crafting area or the banking area and the queues are instant.

Why is it so hard to make a good MMO? The only decent MMO released since WoW has been Rift.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    D3 was bad but not number 1 of all time.

And Inferno wasn't that hard at launch... I got to Leoric's Manor on my Hardcore WD before benching him...

Are we talking failures or let downs? Seems to be the latter.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Why is it so hard to make a good MMO? The only decent MMO released since WoW has been Rift.
    This.

The old MMOs were awesome like Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot, EverQuest, Final Fantasy XI. What the hell happened after WoW came out? Did game developers just give up?

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
    Diablo 3
    Mass Effect 3

Note that these are only my personal opinions. I know I'm going to get jumped for saying ME3. :P

Depends on what you consider failure? Diablo 3 is one of the most succesful video games of all time.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Diablo 3
    Duke Nukem
    MoP

Deal with it.

This.

The old MMOs were awesome like Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot, EverQuest, Final Fantasy XI. What the hell happened after WoW came out? Did game developers just give up?
    WoW managed to polished the traditional model to a shine. Plus with its light hearted take on things it appeals to a greater audience. It is hard to create something new enough that it isn't WoW in a different universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Diablo 3 is one of the most succesful video games of all time.
    how did u come to that conclusion?