Duke Nukem Forever (so much time spent in development and an utter fail in all counts.)
Too Human (again long development time, poor execution, and they even had the nerve to pass the blame to others)
Superman for N64. People could complain about current gen games, but nothing was a terrible as that.
"Allons-y!" - David Tennant - 10th Doctor.
"Bow ties are cool." - Matt Smith - 11th Doctor.
1. C&C4 it was such a slap in the face to everyone that wanted the promised epic ending of the kane saga.
2. Duke Nukem Forever do i need to say more ?
3. Not realy sure what to put here so i guess il put down either RAGE or ME3 for having dissapointing endings.
These are ofc only most recent games that ive played mostly i research games that i find interesting quite a lot befor i buy them so i dont realy get that many bad games.
SW:TOR. So much potential... I must say, however, I did enjoy getting to 50, but after that... meh. Completely and utterly overhyped.
I don't mean to kick a game when it's down but it has to be TOR for me, I know some people like it, but some people also like paying big fat women to sit on them.....I'm not saying either of the activities is bad and that you shouldn't enjoy them, but neither "work" for me.
Then of course there's the obvious ones 'Duke Nukem' which was just terrible and 'Sword of the Stars 2' that shit was broken from the install, nothing will put you off more even if it's later patch to fix things than it not working from the start?! How does that even happen?!
Horrible drop rates
The only people doing higher acts exploied resplendent chests and other things to gain silly amounts of gold and loot and then blizzard fixed it so the casuals could never catch up in order to make them use RMAH so Blizzard could make more money
Being forced to use RMAH because drops were so bad you either had to buy off RMAH or stay in Act 1 for eternity getting level 54 loot.
Also what retention rate? Compare public games now to launch. They arent even 5% of what they used to be.
My MaL http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Draknalor For The Glory Of Ecchi
Not in any particualr order
1. Diablo 3 - Activision were hoping on this to become their next huge cash cow, with WoW's revenue dipping ever since Cataclysm, it brought in a excellent injection of revenue with about 8.5million actual sales, but you can bet they were projecting long term constant cash via the RMAH which they will fail to get.
2. WoW Cataclysm - people are sauying WoW is old, the game is of course going to lose popularity and subscribers will wane, yet it never did until this was released, since the day cataclysm was released subscription and revenues have been dropping constantly, is it old age? No its a crap expansion and consistently getting less and less content year on year for the same money
3. SWTOR - EA wanted their own world of Warcaft , a constant stready stream of revenue that would prop up the company for a long time coming, but they didnt realise it was 2012 with a market, a different type of gamer, and with way more competition, and it was never, ever going to be what they wanted, and they released a game about 12 months early, that had plenty of problems to start off, but fixing those problems in the past 12 months (group finder, combat delays, UI editing etc) left a dearth of content.
Other than that i cant think of too many high profile releases that have had the expectations these had and undeleivered, Haze maybe in the early days of the PS3, since that was dubbed PS3's halo and it was crap and lead to developer closing, or i guess you could have got the mass effect 3 ending and the last 3rd of that game, as a failure. Also maybe guild wars 2? i mean it was hyped as the next big thing and we've not heard anything out of Arena net since they said "we have 2 million sales" guess it didnt pull up any trees sales wise for the next "revolutionary" mmo.
Last edited by AnthonyUK; 2012-11-19 at 05:43 PM.
For me its MOP. Considering how much time they had to develope it, with 4.3 lasting 4-ever, the final product was abit of a scame. Playing not even that much the first 4 weeks, and I feelt like I had seen it all. Now there was just rading- But for me, a huge wow nerd since early vanilla, raiding is not enough...I need the hole package.
Besides that Id say Sweater. I can't belive some 350 million dollars (From what we've heard) sunk into that game, and now it cant even compare to an MMO like Rift, witch is basicly an updated clone of wow, with a fun talent system, but basicly works like wow.
Edit: And Diablo3 aswell. For me this game was gonna be my holy grail for the next years to come. I could imagine spending hours, upon hours on it. Now many patches later, and I havent even played it for 500 hours, witch to me is nothing, but maybe much for some.
Even if Diablo3 is getting better, its not even close to Diablo2. I would just love Diablo2 with better resoultion, swinning that ban hammer to remove worst dupes and spamming, and maybe some balancing (cough smite and hammer paladins cough).
Last edited by Djuntas; 2012-11-19 at 05:45 PM.
I do not hate wow. I'm just (was) very passionated about it. There is a difference. Everyone rants about thing's they think changed badly.
Do you like Thrash Metal? Then give a like for the new round off the Big 4 Evile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JHum58R624
Note to self: Avoid topic's you keep getting infracted on. You know why...!
The only game that I ever bought and expected to be good, but was in fact a piece of shit was Fable 2. Yeah, Mass Effect 3's ending made me want to murder babies, but the rest of the game is solid minus a few other PIS moments. And even if I never play it again, it still has that for what it's worth.
I guess God of War: Ghost of Sparta was also a disappointment. It just didn't have that God of War feel to it. The problem was, QTEs in that game were usually instant death upon failure. That made them just another danger instead of an opportunity like in past God of War games. It went away from the model of previous games where it was like, "oh, a QTE, time to do something badass" to "oh, a QTE, press x to not die". Pretty much every area in the game and every boss fight are filled with instant death QTEs. Compare that to God of War 2, where there's only 3 QTEs in the entire game that are forced on you where you will die if you fail them. And one of those barely counts because it goes super slow mo for it. In fact, in Ghost of Sparta, there are 2 entire boss fights that are nothing but QTEs.
If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.
the title should be top 3 games I don't like, that is what it reads around here
I mean none of those listed can compare to failures such as Tabula Rasa and FF XIV