Please help with Imperial Vizier Zor'lok 10 man!

Hello,

Our guild has been 2 nights on this boss already, and we can't seem to be able to down him, a lot of us are still struggling with dodging the Sonic Rings, but pretty much everyone who has answered to my other post agrees on the fact that our dps is too low.

Myself, I have to admit that when Sonic Rings are up, I focus more on staying alive than dpsing, so that's one thing I know that I could improve. Other than that, I'm also not sure on when I should be using my cd's. Most people agree that it is good to pop Hero at the start of Phase 2. So I wonder, should I delay the 2nd Ascendance, and pop it during hero, or should I cast it on the 3rd platform, and then again a 3rd time after hero?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-92ab3nu0nio8x2ja/
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ickwick/simple

Any other tips are appreciated! Bash away!^^

Pop cds off cooldown. If they line up for hero, great. If not, it doesn't matter much. The only key to killing Zor'lok is to make sure people can dodge rings, get into their pre-assigned bubbles, and break MC's without killing people. Not sure how you can't dps while avoiding rings, Ele shamans are intended to kick ass on heavy movement fights. It's good that you're consciously trying to stay alive, but try to pump in some dps too, even if it's just LB spam.

It's not so much a dps check as a retard check, IMO.

Also, switch from Healing Tide Totem to Ancestral Guidance, the difference in healing is enormous.

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Pop cds off cooldown. If they line up for hero, great. If not, it doesn't matter much. The only key to killing Zor'lok is to make sure people can dodge rings, get into their pre-assigned bubbles, and break MC's without killing people. Not sure how you can't dps while avoiding rings, Ele shamans are intended to kick ass on heavy movement fights. It's good that you're consciously trying to stay alive, but try to pump in some dps too, even if it's just LB spam.

It's not so much a dps check as a retard check, IMO.

Also, switch from Healing Tide Totem to Ancestral Guidance, the difference in healing is enormous.
    Hello, yeah I do try to spam LB, I mean, I can't get in the usual full rotation yet, with the movement. Thank you for the clarification about cd's. And I was using Healing Tide Totem because we 2 healed most of the time, me and the shadow priest were on healing cd duty for the 3rd Force and Verve. Not sure if 2 healers could manage it without it. Maybe when we are running with Resto shammy and Holy pally, don't think that we can do it with 2 paladins.

What about the rest of the rotation, uptime etc, am I doing that correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlily View Post
    , me and the shadow priest were on healing cd duty for the 3rd Force and Verve. Not sure if 2 healers could manage it without it. Maybe when we are running with Resto shammy and Holy pally, don't think that we can do it with 2 paladins.
    The point is, Guidance is a stronger CD for elemental in most cases because 1) it simply does more healing as long as your keeping your dps up and 2) its a shorter cd meaning u can get 3 off possibly instead of 2 during the encounter.
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesandri View Post
    The point is, Guidance is a stronger CD for elemental in most cases because 1) it simply does more healing as long as your keeping your dps up and 2) its a shorter cd meaning u can get 3 off possibly instead of 2 during the encounter.
    I didn't think about the cd, always thought that Healing Tide was the most powerful one, I will try that this week, thanks!

HTT is the most powerful for resto. AG is stronger for the other two specs. Also, we 3 heal and meet the dps check just fine. Are you hitting enrage?

I dont think we are gonna hit any enrage timers, on our best try I believe we still had 5:30 min, and we were running with 2 pally healers and 1 disc priest that was smiting healing.

Then it's just a mechanic check. Avoid orbs, break MCs without killing people, and learn to run clockwise/counter clockwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Then it's just a mechanic check. Avoid orbs, break MCs without killing people, and learn to run clockwise/counter clockwise.
    Yeah I do think that is all, but you know, if I can do anything to make my dps better I'll be up for it!

Just make sure you save SWG for Ascendance, in case it's up while you're dodging rings. Pop Fire Elemental and Stormlash right before blowing hero. If you want to gimp charts, you can CL spam the MC'd players on that platform.