View Poll Results: Anyone "not" impressed with this Storm Legion?

Voters
213. This poll is closed
  • I'm not impressed

25 11.74%
  • Very impressed

103 48.36%
  • Haven't got it.

85 39.91%
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Anyone "not" impressed with this Storm Legion? It's friggin' awesome.

HI,

I'm playing the game at a very, very chilled pace. As I write this, I am level 50.6 and just really enjoying the game. All the achievements I see popping up in guild are mind-blowing and how much there seems to still do.

I'm still in the first zone, first continent... and it is friggin' huge.

Haven't even been to the new capital city or tried the dungeons. People are raving in guild about the first dungeon.

If not impressed, please say if you've actually tried it and "why" you don't like it? I am curious.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2012-11-15 at 10:23 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just about to go to sleep - falling asleep at the keyboard. Seratos with all the purple and quiet music and soothing colors... doesn't help keep you awake. /snore

IIIIIIIIIII love this gameee
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    best expansion EVEEEEER!!!!

I'm tempted to get the expansion. Trouble is, during the time I stopped playing, I forgot my password, and my secret questions don't appear to work either. I'd call them, but I'm at work when their call centre is open. Curse being on the opposite side of the world to Trion...
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    I'm tempted to get the expansion. Trouble is, during the time I stopped playing, I forgot my password, and my secret questions don't appear to work either. I'd call them, but I'm at work when their call centre is open. Curse being on the opposite side of the world to Trion...
    I'm quite sure they have a US and EU support number which you can call for free from Skype during a work break. Should only take them a couple of minutes if you have your details and possibly payment card used(if applicable) to hand.

I am impressed with the expansion, but the leveling is a bit of a ball ache. The amount of XP required per level is way too high. Mobs and quests are too thinly spread, you spend more time dismounting and remounting and being sent back and forth across the map than is remotely enjoyable, and there are carnage quests for just about everything. Mob health and damage scales far faster than your own, so that by the time you're half way to 60 it literally takes 2-3 times as long to kill a mob, and you're not going to be able to grab more than 2-3 at a time (and I'm in full ID gear). That said, grabbing 2-3 at a time is often a challenge because mobs in some areas are spread so far apart. I genuinely feel that as many as four zones could have been locked off for use in future patches or reserved for endgame only content (like EI) and all the questing to level crammed into the other zones. Two whole continents to do just ten levels, when we had one continent to do 50 levels, kinda gives you an idea of how thinly spread across zones the leveling content is.

The story line quests are fun and interesting though, the zones are beautiful and the whole feeling of everything being new and exciting again is keeping me going.
    Last edited by Tarien; 2012-11-15 at 11:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    I genuinely feel that as many as four zones could have been locked off for use in future patches or reserved for endgame only content (like EI) and all the questing to level crammed into the other zones. Two whole continents to do just ten levels, when we had one continent to do 50 levels, kinda gives you an idea of how thinly spread across zones the leveling content is.

The story line quests are fun and interesting though, the zones are beautiful and the whole feeling of everything being new and exciting again is keeping me going.
    He He - Only in Rift do we complain to Trion - "Guys, slow down - there's too much."

I do agree that the land / zones are absolutely huge.

I think it's because they said on an interview that they ran out of space to put stuff, so made enough place to put future content / patches.

EDIT: No comments from the two guys who are "not impressed" ? Maybe they should have selected: "Don't have it" :P
    Last edited by theWocky; 2012-11-15 at 11:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    EDIT: No comments from the two guys who are "not impressed" ? Maybe they should have selected: "Don't have it" :P
    We are on a sub-forum on WoW centric site. I'll let you read between the lines on that one.

Somewhat mixed to be honest.

The leveling rate just seems too slow. Though this could be me as I hate leveling up in games at this point. So every second I am not 60 is agony.

Also, Hunt Rifts are kinda lame.

My only beef is that doing all quests and carnage isn't enough to keep up level wise with the zone progression, this when doing both continents, possibly that hunt rifts are a bit 'Meh' as they all share mechanics, hopefully something that will be expanded on later though.

Other than that it's great so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

The leveling rate just seems too slow. Though this could be me as I hate leveling up in games at this point. So every second I am not 60 is agony.

I hear you on that one. I've leveled in so many MMO's I don't enjoy it. Even SWTOR story driven content I was ready to poke forks in my eyes at lvl 30. I can't really comment on hunt rifts from what I can tell only the entry level tier has been unlocked on the ones I've done of the 5 or 6 tiers that are available. Zone events are pretty nice but until I hit 60 I don't like going away from the area I'm questing in since the zones are huge.

Dungeons so far are very challenging and mechanics on the ones I've done have all been interesting. I can see under geared pugs struggling with these for a bit but that's pretty normal until people know what to do in them. Once the leveling is done I'll be able to enjoy it. They've done a good job imo on the xpac. They've certainly got room to add stuff so bring it on!

Beautiful game! I haven't played Rift in quite a while but I am awestruck with all of the changes and new content. Leveling does seem to take a little while but I haven't ever had this much fun doing it. MOP leveling was pretty good but I love the variety that Storm Legion offers, really keeps everything fresh and fun. Also really like the addition of gear you can purchase and upgrade with the new sourcestones . All in all, very impressed and I'm having a blast! Can't wait to get to the endgame!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    the same thing happened to me , I called them up and they sorted it all out - they may ask for security questions, or some of the details you used when you first started

My main issue is time right now. There simply is not enough. The leveling curve seems just right and not too grindy. Only thing I am not happy with is the complete gut'n of warriors one day before the expansion launches. It proves Atrius is a junior dev who is in over his head and needs assistance or needs to be replaced.

Outside of Atrius the expansion has been overwhelming.

It's an amazing expansion really, I think it's quite possibly one of the best game expansion released period, there is so much to do with a lot of variety and the dungeons as I expected are actually challenging and require a brain. I'm expecting this to win many awards that’s for sure.

Storm Legion is almost on par with like, The Burning Crusade or something. Actually, no. Take it back. That's silly of me. Even I have to admit TBC was spectacular and likely the height of Blizzard's creative powers. It may be the finest expansion of an MMO to date.

But I feel Storm Legion kinda falls somewhere between EQ's Velious and Luclin xpacs. It's kinda exciting but I am still annoyed by a few things.

Also for reals, leveling to 60 is a drag.

I don't understand why this needs to be so. I am not "learning" my class anew on the way to 60. I am not burdened by new challenges in my relic ID gear burning mob packs 10 at a time. It's not some long, intricate journey of mystery and investigation where I need to actually figure out how to get to level 60.

It's just grinding.

I kill stuff, I collect stuff, I turn into a robot or helicopter every now and then. Eeeeeeehhhhhhh.

Seriously over "leveling up". Give me to the option to skip this tedium or make it trivially quick.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post

Should have made it a public poll
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    Just seems strange to me that people who laud Trion's content generation at every turn...are complaining that there's too much content, and don't want to be bothered leveling through it.

Can't satisfy people, I guess.
    Rift is not exactly a alt friendly game. The way the souls are set-up actually encourages not having alts. A majority of the people playing have one 50 and maybeeee a alt.

I just leveled my mage to 50 and this leveling pace feels about the same. 50-51 is roughly 2-4 hours doing instant adventures. Trust me this is not Aion where 50-51 was like 157 million xp.

I think people are just super hyped to get to end game and want to rush there. Honestly I have not touched dimensions really, hunt rifts I have done 1 by accident, instances have not touched, story quest have not touched.

There is just a lot of stuff to do here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should point out that I need to complain about the Harbinger Soul. Trion really messed this up. I mean, in all their testing did they not realize that putting a magical scythe in the hands of the average player (I.E. myself) was a recipe for disaster? I mean I died more as a Harbinger than the entire previous 2 weeks I've been playing. Put a scythe in my hands, and I start thinking I am death incarnate and begin charging indiscriminately into mobs. Seriously, didn't Trion know this would happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

I'm about 90% through 51 and have only really done Pelladane and Cape Jule, aside from exploring a couple other zones for fun. It does feel slower than previous / other games, but it hasn't bothered me yet. The biggest thing for me is I keep forgetting about experience vials. I have 30 of them kicking around, but so far have only remembered to use two of them! /bonkhead