1. #1

    Blizzard composers

    Wish Jason Hayes still worked at blizzard. He was responsible for most of original wow's outdoor music including ewlynn forest, stormwind, burning steppes themes. He's now employed by Valve, but u never know if blizz hires him back to next expansion.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-_jzzHE2GI and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kgq64c7B84 is Dota 2 music composed by J. Hayes
    Last edited by Horseface; 2012-11-18 at 08:03 PM.

  2. #2
    Whats wrong with the current music? I think MoP has some great music in it

  3. #3
    Nothing is wrong with current music. Where did u get that idea from? I didnt say music by J. Hayes is like better than current, it just has that "original" wow sound to it so it's unique.

  4. #4
    The Patient Anshinritsumai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    233
    I never knew Jason moved over to VALVe, interesting. I kinda figured he'd be with Blizzard forever, guess not.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseface View Post
    Nothing is wrong with current music. Where did u get that idea from? I didnt say music by J. Hayes is like better than current, it just has that "original" wow sound to it so it's unique.
    The very nature of your original post screams "music sucks now because this guy left Blizzard!!!
    That's where we got it from

  6. #6
    My favourite music is in Wrath, there's some wonderful stuff there. The music for Storm Peaks is my absolute favourite in the entire game, it's beautiful.

    WoW music is generally very good, except the music in Pandarian inns, makes me want to gouge my ears out every time I hear it. But everything else is great!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Anshinritsumai View Post
    I never knew Jason moved over to VALVe, interesting. I kinda figured he'd be with Blizzard forever, guess not.
    Jason left Blizzard with the first WoW. Russell Brower is the one who makes the music since TBC. All 4 expansions have amazing music so I think he does a very good job indeed. Especially with Mists and Wrath.
    Signature and Avatar by ElyPop

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedsterz View Post
    Whats wrong with the current music? I think MoP has some great music in it
    Mop music is as bad as Scottish bagpipes.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelyorc View Post
    The very nature of your original post screams "music sucks now because this guy left Blizzard!!!
    That's where we got it from
    Well all I can say: fuck you. You got it all wrong. Just listen to that new music he's composed, dont focus on whining.
    Last edited by Horseface; 2012-11-18 at 07:40 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseface View Post
    Well all I can say: fuck you. You got it all wrong.
    Infraction incoming. "Sigh"
    Signature and Avatar by ElyPop

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Infraction incoming. "Sigh"
    No, I just hate when people focus on mobbing on other people instead listening to that new music he's composed. He's a good composer and just wish blizzard would hire him back, nothing more, nothing less. That Dota 2 music he's done quite sounds like something from warcraft, so he could propably do some nice new soundtracks if hired back by blizz in future.
    For example if u watch this trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cSFPIwMEq4 the music in this trailer has also been made by J. Hayes, he just knows what true fantasy war music should sound.
    Last edited by Horseface; 2012-11-18 at 07:52 PM.

  12. #12
    Who was responsible for Lich King's score? I really enjoyed Sholozar and Grizzly Hills tracks.

  13. #13
    Stood in the Fire Milzorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Kerava
    Posts
    432
    Didn't Jason Hayes just return to Blizzard in patch 5.1?

    https://twitter.com/Hordeland/status/261543794216931329

    And I believe he was one of the composers in following 5.1 music tracks:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-yZFvYIH54

  14. #14
    Mechagnome Fablewynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by RecklessMil View Post
    Didn't Jason Hayes just return to Blizzard in patch 5.1?

    https://twitter.com/Hordeland/status/261543794216931329

    And I believe he was one of the composers in following 5.1 music tracks:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-yZFvYIH54
    Yeah. He even remixed some of the old Warcraft III tunes into the music.

  15. #15
    Stood in the Fire Milzorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Kerava
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelic View Post
    Yeah. He even remixed some of the old Warcraft III tunes into the music.
    Aye, that Alliance Battle March theme, just incredible... one of the best tracks I've heard in a long time.

  16. #16
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedsterz View Post
    Whats wrong with the current music? I think MoP has some great music in it
    If you like to sleep.

    I was looking for a more Asian centric music (much like Grizzly Hills with the Celtic like compositions), but finding more generic tunes, instead.

    I'd just turn off the music and play some Hibari music (100% authentic) or guild theme song (Kev's personal anthem, too!).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  17. #17
    Brower is better than this guy... Invincible is just amazing.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseface View Post
    No, I just hate when people focus on mobbing on other people instead listening to that new music he's composed. He's a good composer and just wish blizzard would hire him back, nothing more, nothing less. That Dota 2 music he's done quite sounds like something from warcraft, so he could propably do some nice new soundtracks if hired back by blizz in future.
    For example if u watch this trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cSFPIwMEq4 the music in this trailer has also been made by J. Hayes, he just knows what true fantasy war music should sound.
    Totally get what you're saying. Just listened to the main Dota theme and it sounds like it could come straight outta Vanilla WoW. I love all the music throughout the expansions but there is just something about vanilla's music that made it perfectly resemble a "high fantasy" world.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyderpp View Post
    there is just something about vanilla's music that made it perfectly resemble a "high fantasy" world.
    This. 10chars

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 01:11 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Brower is better than this guy... Invincible is just amazing.
    Invicible is co-composed by Brower and Hayes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •