Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

How will you handle Garrosh's final moments?

Supposed you were asked to do the final moments of Garrosh Hellscream after the final fight in Siege of Orgrimmar. How will you handle it?

My idea is that Varian and Thrall kneel beside the dying Garrosh as the latter realizes how wrong he was in his war. As Varian and Thrall talk with Garrosh, Varian decides to offer some food to Garrosh to ease his soul. In the end, his act of kindness finally ends the rivalry between Varian and Garrosh. Before his dying breath, Garrosh tells Varian that "The Burning Legion will be the ultimate test as leader of your people. Show them that this planet is not to be messed up. LOK'TAR OGAR, Varian Wrynn." before passing away. Varian replies with a silent "Lok'tar...ogar." before allowing Thrall to mourn the passing of Garrosh in silence.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends out it roles.

I want to cheer and revel in killing him, in seeing his taint finally gotten rid of from the horde, for how he killed Cairne and reveled in doing so, he doesn't deserve anything else. However, I know blizzard will do something with a twist to the story to draw away the pleasure of such an event, so it all comes down to how it plays out.

He shouldn't get to die a redeemed hero like Grom. Grom was corrupted by demons blood and had an excuse for being how he was. Garrosh does not, and such a character should just die, screaming in his absolute defeat.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2012-11-19 at 07:09 PM.
    #boycottchina

As a Gnome, I play to use my shrink ray on him, knock him out with a SAP and then watch murlocs bang him prison style. PUNT THIS!!!!!

There has been too much bloodshed today. You are exiled, Garrosh! Leave and become a raidboss for a future expansion pack down the road!

Deleted
    I'd keep him alive, have him kill some boring alliance and horde characters (vol'jin, Anduin and Jaina comes to mind) and make a new faction or something after almost destroying orgrimmar. Forcing the horde to do a truce with the alliance, giving them back some lands etc.

Then I'd probably have garrosh occupy a few zones, doing full scale war with the horde and alliance. Oh, and I'd actually give him a cause / goal that is ultimately good. Making the conflict even harder.

there is no need to kill him of yet.

Garrosh need to be brought down to 1HP, then put to prison. Orcs are retarded in that when you kill them in battle they will still get the last laugh. Deny them of victory AND death.

If I were writing it, I would tie Garrosh's fall to the Old God's via the Sha, emphasizing that this was not an unwitting corruption but a willing fall from grace on Garrosh's part. I would also finally make the connection that the Old Gods support the Burning Legion, and are ultimately what was behind Sargeras' corruption. I would then write the fall of Garrosh so that he is not killed, but rather defeated and ousted from Orgrimmar, fleeing with his Ko'kron and founding the spiritual successor to Bladefist's Fel Horde.

Garrosh will NOT realize how wrong he was in defeat. That's not his attitude.

I think my favorite was a fan made scene where Varian does not execute him and has Jaina lock him in an arcane prison, but as she is about to do that, Vol'Jin shoots him from the shadows and says "Lok'tar Ogar, Garrosh. Ye be a taint on da Horde. I toldja ya ta watch ya back..."
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    It depends out it roles.

I want to cheer and revel in killing him, in seeing his taint finally gotten rid of from the horde, for how he killed Cairne and reveled in doing so, he doesn't deserve anything else. However, I know blizzard will do something with a twist to the story to draw away the pleasure of such an event, so it all comes down to how it plays out.

He shouldn't get to die a redeemed hero like Grom. Grom was corrupted by demons blood and had an excuse for being how he was. Garrosh does not, and such a character should just die, screaming in his absolute defeat.
    Yea, Garrosh killed Cairne, a character that did absolutely nothing through the entire WoW and player a very minor role in WCIII. He killed him in a duel Cairne suggested, and with Cairnes approval of it being a duel to death. And, even tho he was tricked into killing Cairne, he had an upper hand through the encounter, which would resoult in killing him anyway, in a honorable duel. After his death he glorified him and honored him as a worthly competitor, and decided to hunt and destroy the clan that helped him during the duel without his knowledge, thus making the duel unhonorable. Really, Garrosh is such a bastard!

And "Grom had an excuse"... Grom had an option not to drink this damn blood, but he opted for doing so, because why not, it will be easier to kill those demigods and stuff. If he wouldn't be killed just after his uncorrupting, he would probably do something stupid again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilananazz View Post
    I'd keep him alive, have him kill some boring alliance and horde characters (vol'jin, Anduin and Jaina comes to mind) and make a new faction or something after almost destroying orgrimmar. Forcing the horde to do a truce with the alliance, giving them back some lands etc.

Then I'd probably have garrosh occupy a few zones, doing full scale war with the horde and alliance. Oh, and I'd actually give him a cause / goal that is ultimately good. Making the conflict even harder.

there is no need to kill him of yet.
    He has already killed Carine one of the noblest leaders in all of WOW, he killed the leader of the Kirrin Tor, no way in hell will they allow him to kill the new leader in Jaina or Vol'jin. He deserves to die a horrible death at the hands of all thoes whose lives he has destroyed. I feel Jaina and Baine should just tear him limb from limb. Shouldn't be too tough now that Jaina has a blue dragon to do her bidding.

Making jokes about whichever child touching celebrity died that week over teamspeak.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Yea, Garrosh killed Cairne, a character that did absolutely nothing through the entire WoW and player a very minor role in WCIII. He killed him in a duel Cairne suggested, and with Cairnes approval of it being a duel to death. And, even tho he was tricked into killing Cairne, he had an upper hand through the encounter, which would resoult in killing him anyway, in a honorable duel. After his death he glorified him and honored him as a worthly competitor, and decided to hunt and destroy the clan that helped him during the duel without his knowledge, thus making the duel unhonorable. Really, Garrosh is such a bastard!

And "Grom had an excuse"... Grom had an option not to drink this damn blood, but he opted for doing so, because why not, it will be easier to kill those demigods and stuff. If he wouldn't be killed just after his uncorrupting, he would probably do something stupid again soon.
    Actually until Carine started to get blurred vision from the poison on the few minor cuts he had received, until that point he was kicking Garroshes ass. And he didn't lift one finger to help overthrow the Grimtotem, Jaina provided 10 times more help than Garrosh.

for how he killed Cairne and reveled in doing so, he doesn't deserve anything else.
    He didn't revel in it. He was embarassed and ashamed that he had fallen for Magatha's trick poisoning Gorehowl. His pride kept him from apologizing for it, but he never reveled in it.

Grom chose to drink demon blood not once, but twice, for power. First time is a mistake. Second time he knew what he was doing and chose to do it anyway. Does one act of good instantly erase everything he CHOSE to do? I don't think so, but the orcs obviously do.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    He has already killed Carine one of the noblest leaders in all of WOW, he killed the leader of the Kirrin Tor, no way in hell will they allow him to kill the new leader in Jaina or Vol'jin. He deserves to die a horrible death at the hands of all thoes whose lives he has destroyed. I feel Jaina and Baine should just tear him limb from limb. Shouldn't be too tough now that Jaina has a blue dragon to do her bidding.
    Although it would be nice if we got rid of maybe Jaina or prince Anduin during the end fight against Garrosh.

Deleted
    It depends out it roles.

I wonder if Horde deserves a hero like Grom Hellscream with guys like you around it!

Are you aware that if Grom wouldnt make the final sacrifice, Thrall alone wouldnt stand a chance, not even the lottery chance against Manoroth!
    Last edited by mmoc68976ba3b0; 2012-11-19 at 07:36 PM.

With a Kang's Bindstone. http://www.wowhead.com/item=86571
    Might as well make a statue of 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Actually until Carine started to get blurred vision from the poison on the few minor cuts he had received, until that point he was kicking Garroshes ass. And he didn't lift one finger to help overthrow the Grimtotem, Jaina provided 10 times more help than Garrosh.
    Cairne got those wounds when his weapon was shattered by Gorehowl. Shattered weapon doesn't feel like a duel won I guess.

And sorry, you are right about Magatha, he just refused to help her.

Redemption, surely. He believed he did everything for his people in the end. And from how Varian has behaved as of late, especially in the datamined 5.1 content, he will most definitely accept Garrosh's regret.

Or he just blows up or something. We already saw the regret-ending with Arthas so perhaps Garrosh is defiant to his last breath and afterwards Thrall mentions he believes Garrosh had his people in his heart no matter how he went about his deeds. Maybe Garrosh screams something like "A WARSONG DOES NOT YIELD, DOES NOT KNEEL BEFORE HIS ENEMIES" etc etc then he either collapses due to his wounds and dies instantly or receives a final blow from Vol'jin or Saurfang.

The latter feels more fitting tbh. Since finding his nuts in Nagrand he's been defiant and brash, I feel he should die stubbornly, with only the wisest characters like Thrall understanding he only did so because of his pride and clan.

With great indifference most likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is the quote of each character that I mentioned above will say when finally almost defeating Garrosh:

Thrall: you have failed me and your father Garrosh ! you are a disgrace to be among the Horde ! (Thrall unleashing earth fury power from his shamanistc power) THIS IS FOR CAIRNE !! DIE !!

Jaina: You will pay dearly for what have you done !! FOR THERAMORE !! (Jaina unleashing her ultimate arcane blast)

Baine: People like you have no place among us !! DIE in the name of my FATHER !!!

Varian: Finally..what I have been waiting for so long ( Varian charging Garrosh and ready to cleave him) JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL Glory to the alliance !!

Vol'jin: I told ya when tha time comes dat ya failure is complete and ya power is meaningless, I will be dere to end ya rule, swiftly and silently.

Saurfang: I told you I won't let you take us down that dark path again, young Hellscream. I'll kill you myself and THAT DAY IS NOW !!! (Saurfang using his mighty cleave)