Glyph of Stampede - Worth using?

Can anyone tell me if this glyph is worth using? Do all the copies of your pet still have Rabid or will it be on CD. Also since I assume the copies will use abilities, is their a certain type of pet that would be best for this glyph and do those abilities stack? Such as the mastery or crit buff. Will I get stacks of it or still just one?

the buffs wont stack, this glyph is pretty good in arena since u get 5 stacks of spirit mend (heal) from spiritbeasts other than that i dont think its very good in pve for example

Quote Originally Posted by Celerith View Post
    the buffs wont stack, this glyph is pretty good in arena since u get 5 stacks of spirit mend (heal) from spiritbeasts other than that i dont think its very good in pve for example
    Also if you are carrying exotic beasts and you go SV for some fights, you don't get the exotic beasts, thus losing out on damage. Another thing is, you don't have to worry about Growl being off on all pets :d

Quote Originally Posted by Kav View Post
    Can anyone tell me if this glyph is worth using? Do all the copies of your pet still have Rabid or will it be on CD. Also since I assume the copies will use abilities, is their a certain type of pet that would be best for this glyph and do those abilities stack? Such as the mastery or crit buff. Will I get stacks of it or still just one?
    Last time I tried using this glyph, my stampede pets would not use Rabid if it was on CD from my main pet so I stopped using it (ie it seems to copy the CD of your main pet).

10+ Year Old Account
    Extremely good for pvp, more heals and you dont have lesser tank pet damage going out (if they're in your stable for dailies/soloing etc.).

From what I've been watching, using different pets allows u to get their individual abilities (ex: web) what could be pretty neat in arenas. I'm lvling atm my hunter as bm and been trying it out in some bgs and those abilites are rly handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Also if you are carrying exotic beasts and you go SV for some fights, you don't get the exotic beasts, thus losing out on damage.
    This just simply isn't true. If you have a pet on you that you can't summon it summons a copy of your current pet in it's place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kav View Post
    Tests on Beta and early live indicated that all abilities that were on CD when Stampede is cast are on CD when the pets are summoned. It seems that Blizzard has changed this sometime since then as indicated by this post on EJ:
    http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t130590-...8/#post2221896

Pets that are summoned with Stampede cast all abilities that are active for that pet and do not cast any abilities that are not; this means that if you manually cast Rabid that you should not use the glyph as the summoned pets will not cast it. Buffs cast by Stampede pets function just like any other buff in the game and overwrite existing buffs of the same effect.

If you use the glyph, make sure you don't use Rabid prior to popping Stampede, otherwise the summoned pets won't have it up.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

As far as I know:

Advantages to Using Glyph: You don't have to worry about having rabid turned on auto, growl off, pets being the proper spec or anything special like that on the four pets that you aren't currently using.

Disadvantages: The main disadvantage is that you won't gain any of the buffs/debuffs/etc that you don't currently have, and that could make a big difference especially as you are pretty much always using other CDs to go along with Stampede. Usually not a big deal in a raid environment when you have all buffs already but in 5 mans, soloing or pvp, you might not want to use the glyph.

I generally don't use the glyph, I just make sure all my shit is in order ahead of time. As far as I know if you do, the rabid cds on your duplicate pets are supposed to be a fresh CD...I've seen evidence in logs that it is the case, yet many people claim it is not. It could very well be bugged. I'm sure there are clever usages of stacking 5 of the same pet in certain situations but I think the intent of this glyph was more of a simple matter of convenience of not having to worry about your other 4 pets being set up the same as your current pet.

Deleted
    jeh worth it , i take it and i got my loque and it just duplicate it , so i get 5x heals and 5x protection buff , while still beeing able to have 4 other pets in my party to calll up if needed , like my turtle / spider / scorpion.

The only benefit of this glyph is to not have to farm 5 spirit beasts.
    Otherwise I wouldnt use it, but keep track of your stabled pets
    (Quick visit to the stableguy before raids/arena may be necessary)

If you are playing BM surely you want to time your Rabid with BW etc..., are you saying that if glyphed just stick Rabid on autocast and forget about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    If you are playing BM surely you want to time your Rabid with BW etc..., are you saying that if glyphed just stick Rabid on autocast and forget about it?
    You want to not use the glyph if you manually cast Rabid. I can't stress this enough. If you are manually casting Rabid to pair with BW for min/maxing DPS don't change what you're doing; just don't use the glyph. I don't use the glyph for this reason. The way I see it, if I am concerned enough to min/max DPS taking the twenty or so seconds that it takes to insure that pets are set up properly for stampede before raids is just another extension of the min/max.

Of course if you aren't concerned with min/maxing or already have Rabid on autocast it is safe to use the glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehcourage View Post
    You want to not use the glyph if you manually cast Rabid. I can't stress this enough. If you are manually casting Rabid to pair with BW for min/maxing DPS don't change what you're doing; just don't use the glyph. I don't use the glyph for this reason. The way I see it, if I am concerned enough to min/max DPS taking the twenty or so seconds that it takes to insure that pets are set up properly for stampede before raids is just another extension of the min/max.

Of course if you aren't concerned with min/maxing or already have Rabid on autocast it is safe to use the glyph.
    So what you are saying is that if you manually cast rabid, don't use the glyph and take autocast off on all stable pets, /cast stampede and /cast rabid thereafter manually when stabled pets are out?

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    So what you are saying is that if you manually cast rabid, don't use the glyph and take autocast off on all stable pets, /cast stampede and /cast rabid thereafter manually when stabled pets are out?
    You can not control what your active pets cast when summoned by Stampede. So when not using the glyph you want to make sure that all abilities that you want your summoned pets to cast are on autocast. This includes any buffs, attacks, dash, etc. that you want them to cast while summoned, and yes this includes Rabid.

tl;dr leave Rabid on autocast on your active pets if not using the glyph. Otherwise, they will not cast it.