Lynx Rush or aMoC?

So just want to start out by saying that I am rather confused on which talent I should choose. I know it varies between boss's but just wanna get a general idea of what to get. Thanks for any advice

There are many posts already on this. Search the forums and you should find the answer you are looking for discussed in detail.
    "Hunters view nature as a force with which to ally. They spend much of their time with an animal companion. The bond that forms between the two is rather strong. To attack either is to bring down the wrath of both. With powerful attacks in melee and at range, and a friend willing to put its life on the line at your command, the Hunter makes a potent addition to any group."

AMoC for raids

aMoC for SV, LR for BM

AMOC for all specs does more damage overall compared to lynx rush. Keep in mind that AMOC only does more damage than lynx rush if you use it off CD and it is also a 30 second DoT. So if the boss goes immune while your crows are attacking, you just lost a lot of dps.

Deleted
    AMOC is a better dps cooldown, but it makes you make more adjustments to your rotation and a little bit more pre-setup to use it well.

Lynx rush is a more forgiving cooldown, no focus cost that normaly works rather well as its more care-free.

I personaly prefer lynx rush as i find AMOC realy ackward to use most of the time due to its 60 focus cost. I use it because i value fun more than min/max dps as my guild is not a progression speed freak nor competing for server 1st or anything, and the dps loss is realy not all I should cry to bed for.

It is fight dependent.

If the boss, or whatever target you are on when the AMoC CD comes up will live for the duration of the debuff, AMoC. If not, or if you need/want high burst in a short window (hypothetical, say a boss takes +500% damage for 5 seconds, or the boss puts up a shield that must be down in 10s - and it is actually difficult to get down), LR.

From what I've heard LR on the PTR is out-damaging AMoC by quite a bit, and while it won't have the huge burst factor anymore it will still do it's damage faster than AMoC. If it is the case that it does more I don't see there being any reason to choose AMoC anymore. The "-1 min CD < 20% HP" thing is trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    It is fight dependent.

If the boss, or whatever target you are on when the AMoC CD comes up will live for the duration of the debuff, AMoC. If not, or if you need/want high burst in a short window (hypothetical, say a boss takes +500% damage for 5 seconds, or the boss puts up a shield that must be down in 10s - and it is actually difficult to get down), LR.

From what I've heard LR on the PTR is out-damaging AMoC by quite a bit, and while it won't have the huge burst factor anymore it will still do it's damage faster than AMoC. If it is the case that it does more I don't see there being any reason to choose AMoC anymore. The "-1 min CD < 20% HP" thing is trash.
    I would want to see a buff to the "execute" mechanic of aMoC, 99% of the time it will be useless since boss is going to die within 1 minute of reaching 20% most of the time :x

with the change to LR in patch 5.01, I'm guessing pretty much most people will take aMoC's but if you do take LR then due to the bleed lasting 9 seconds (I think), you won't be able to hit LR back to back with the 4 seconds gap that we can do now?

On second thought FD is showing lynx as a loss over AMoC even with ptr changes, so I guess they did tone it down. And yes, on a single target you will have to wait in between LR's. The bleed lasts 15s and stacks to 9. Were you actually in a situation where your readiness was up and you were about to AoE, you'd probably still be able to use it back to back.