High Overlord

Destruction - Dark Soul Instability Usage

So I've been doing some digging around about when's the best time to use our 30% crit CD and a few of the sites I've found have said that it's best to wait until you've got max Embers before popping it?

Now forgive me if I'm wrong here, but that seems a little backwards to me as you're essentially going to be spamming CB until you're out of embers, which is always guaranteed to crit, so what use is an extra 30% crit chance? The exception ofc is if you're aoeing, in which case extra crit on your Fire and Brimstone, Immolate and Incinerates is going to be awesome.

It makes more sense for me to use Dark Soul: Instab, when I'm out of embers as the extra crit on my Immolate ticks and Incinerates is going to speed up my ember production.

Can anyone explain why I may be wrong about this?

The crit garnered from instability also contributes towards Chaos Bolt's damage scaling, that's why you see 600k+ CB's during the initial pull phase

High Overlord
    And now I feel like a complete plumb, of course it does - completely forgot about CB dmg scaling with crit.

Thanks for the answer!