Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Lightbulb [Champion Idea] Azurgos, the Justicebringer

    Artwork
    Lore

    Knight's Title (Passive)
    While out of combat Azorgus travels on the back of his armored steed, increasing his movement speed by 45.

    Righteous Justice [Q]
    60 Mana 5 sec cooldown
    Your next basic attack deals 30/60/90/120/150 (+30%) bonus
    physical damage. Increases the target's damage taken from minions and turrets by 2% for 6 sec.
    Stacks up to 5 times.

    Diplomacy [W]
    80 Mana 24 sec cooldown
    Cast on enemy champion: Causes nearby allied minions, turrets and neutral monsters to
    attack the target for 4 sec or until the target goes out of range.
    Cast on enemy turret: The next attack this turret does will instead heal its target for
    20%/40%/60%/80%/100% of the damage it would otherwise do (Armor applies.).
    Cast on allied siege minion: Promotes the target increasing its current health and all combat
    stats by 30%/60%/90%/120%/150%.

    Noble Presence [E]
    No Cost
    You gain 1 charge for every minion or monster that dies near you. Max 100 charges.
    Cast on enemy turret: Consumes 60 charges to summon a Super Minion at your Nexus
    to attack the target turret. Unlimited range but can only be cast on attackable turrets.
    Cast on enemy champion: Consumes up to 5 charges to slow the target's movement speed by
    10% per charge consumed for 5 sec.

    Divine Storm [R]
    150 Mana 36 sec cooldown
    Deals 150/250/350 (+30%)(+20%) magical damage to nearby enemies over 1 sec. All nearby allied
    champions except you are healed for 20% of total damage done when the storm ends.


    Features
    ●Melee range
    ●AD Bruiser/Support
    ●New viable toolkit
    ●Slightly different name
    Last edited by Silverrendy; 2012-11-21 at 02:51 PM.

  2. #2
    Azurgos.. Really?

    Edit: OP as fuck.
    Last edited by Still Rampant Rabbit; 2012-11-19 at 09:14 PM.

  3. #3
    Banned -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom.
    Posts
    1,514
    Awesome spell icons :|

    EDIT:

    Q The stacking effect seems meh, maybe reduce the cooldown, reduce the damage and make it stack to 3 or something?
    W Seems very overpowered, turret dive then boom, would be too easy to get early ganks
    E Passive seems okay, Active maybe reduce the effects to 30%
    R Seems okay.

    This is coming from a fairly new LoL player so it's probably all wrong in the criticism department
    Last edited by -Skye; 2012-11-19 at 08:50 PM.

  4. #4
    That would be the most broken champion ever added to the game if it actually happened.

  5. #5
    The Patient Someudontno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Virginia, United States
    Posts
    236
    Looks interesting, I like it!

  6. #6
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    (´・ω・`)
    Posts
    1,722
    Comic Sans detected

    Infracted: Please post constructively and on topic. - Axethor
    Last edited by Axethor; 2012-11-19 at 09:55 PM.

  7. #7
    The Patient Ichorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    228
    So he's a bruiser or a support?

    If you built him bruiser he'd kinda dunk children with that Q.

    Pent up W is neat but that kinda damage would be really strong, especially if Q stacks effected it, whack someone 3 times and do all that damage plus 12% (or more if you have CDR.)

    E seems interesting, but it seems like something you should get later because people don't like it when you push their lanes. Plus, it doesn't look like you can choose where you want the siege minion to pop up. 30% super minion hp would be pretty intense. Looking at about 450 right off the bat. That's like a free Giant's Belt. Scary.

    R brought back memories. Looks interesting, I think it would be reason for some big tide-turners in team fights.

    He looks like a really nice anti-ganker and (anti/) tower diver. And child-dunker.
    Even if you built him as support, I feel like he could do some serious damage. I dunno how I feel about that.
    The horse is interesting, I don't really have much to say about it.

    2strong/10 Maybe change up the ratios, cause it looks like the Q is X damage plus 100% of AD BONUS damage on your basic attack.
    Have the W only take one charge of turret and last 5 seconds to make sure you get the one.
    E... eh, I guess I'm okay with it, maybe drop the duration from 10 seconds to 5 for super minions. That way it's more for really convenient anti-ganking.
    R would probably do ridiculous damage on top of the heal and chasing/running power.

    Oh, and his passive is pretty interesting, but minions and turrets already attack whatever attacks the nearest champion. For neutral minions I feel like that might screw you out of a blue/red buff if you're jungling or someone's generous. Could be interesting if you're at dragon and it proceeds to breathe on everyone else.


  8. #8
    Stood in the Fire StNimrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Varus' pants
    Posts
    493
    Sounds a little too paladin-ish, but since we've not seen a righteous/good champion in a long time, I wouldn't mind seeing something like this.
    Still very OP with the damage to turrets and siege minions but sounds fun.

  9. #9
    Thanks guys. To those who said W is OP. Jax's E dodgeds all basic attacks. My W only dodges turret attacks. It is a target direction so its harder to hit. In 2 sec a turret can only deal 2 attacks. which is like 500 damage and thats if i dont have armor. W doesnt stack with Q. Passive is underpowered to have stronger Q and other effects. E bonus is shared among all nearby champs. 500 hp ( if only 2 champs ) for 10 sec is not that much.

  10. #10
    Moderator Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Jungle
    Posts
    3,280
    W is OP. I don't think you understand exactly how important turrets are early game, and having a spell that negats their damage gives a champion too much early power.

    Passive is useless since that is the way turrets and minions already work. The horse part could work for him passive though and would be quite cool. It would have to be available at all levels. Could be like a MF passive, only on a bruiser.

    Q sounds interesting, but you would have to remove the turrets part. That's a little over the top. Also, a 1.0 AD ratio is high for a spell with that short of a CD and a tank.

    E's active has potential, but the passive is bad. Early, you don't want to push your lane, which is exactly what the extra siege minion would do. It also gives your enemy one more minion to kill than you. Seems good on paper, but detrimental in practice.

    His ult is odd with the heal. Instead of a heal, give it some kind of CC, like a slow based on each champ hit. Also remove the AP ratio. Hybrid ratios can work, but it has to be feasible that the champ can go either AD or AP. It's not on this guy, so there is no need for an AP ratio.

    For a tank, he lacks CC. Hence the suggestion for the ult change.

    Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

    Steam | Twitter

    LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

  11. #11
    Wait a minute. Has same name as a dragon in WoW, and has icons from WoW..

    yeah.. no.

    The idea is nice, but copy pasting stuff I don't like.

  12. #12
    Could we not rip off wow for champion names? Have some imagination.


    Passive: Don't turrets and minions always do that at the moment?

    Q: It's ok, with season 3 changes to talents making minions a little more dangerous for players while laning, when they go to attack, this would cause them to be more of a threat.

    W: No. Just no. There's already an issue with turret diving in this game, don't need 1 champion who is immune to it, and turns it into a weapon. It would be better if instead of unleashing it to damage enemies, it gets stored for 5 secs, and when the effect ends, then it inflicts the damage to him. That way he is immune from the turret for a few seconds, but will take the damage anyways. So instead of it being "duur pop GA and run over my enemies, omg they didnt die, use turrets power". It's a more thought out ability, and plan of attack. "I can kill him if I dive with this, but will the unleashed energy kill me after?", makes it a high cost high reward thing early game, and weaker at end game.

    E: Change the per kill to Per Champion kill or assist. That way you don't stack the crap out of it 3 min into the game from killing minions and have seige minions pushing the lanes when you and your team mates don't need it to, and during mid to late game, you will have powerful minions pushing side lanes.

    R: Drop the ap ratio. The heal could be ok, but the movement speed should be changed to a slow/snare on the 3 or more it hits.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2012-11-20 at 04:14 AM.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

  13. #13
    Dreadlord Rainec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    Posts
    793
    You lost me at W, that's way too overpowered.
    It would be more balanced if it was just a shield with a dmg cap that you could use after the full 2 sec, for any dmg you took, granted the shield isn't destroyed before then.
    Think Sion's shield, but damage is determined by how much you are hit for and damage cap increases with skill up.

    Just my opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Rainec

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    W is OP. I don't think you understand exactly how important turrets are early game, and having a spell that negats their damage gives a champion too much early power.

    Passive is useless since that is the way turrets and minions already work. The horse part could work for him passive though and would be quite cool. It would have to be available at all levels. Could be like a MF passive, only on a bruiser.

    Q sounds interesting, but you would have to remove the turrets part. That's a little over the top. Also, a 1.0 AD ratio is high for a spell with that short of a CD and a tank.

    E's active has potential, but the passive is bad. Early, you don't want to push your lane, which is exactly what the extra siege minion would do. It also gives your enemy one more minion to kill than you. Seems good on paper, but detrimental in practice.

    His ult is odd with the heal. Instead of a heal, give it some kind of CC, like a slow based on each champ hit. Also remove the AP ratio. Hybrid ratios can work, but it has to be feasible that the champ can go either AD or AP. It's not on this guy, so there is no need for an AP ratio.

    For a tank, he lacks CC. Hence the suggestion for the ult change.
    1. W is same as Jax's E except it doesnt stun and only stops turret attacks. Learn to read ( comments )
    2. E's active can stop its passive. Think about it.
    3. The heal is not odd.
    4. Tank is someone who initiates and has lots of hp armor and mr. Not a cc monster. You want teh same champ all the time? with the abilities? i dont

    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Wait a minute. Has same name as a dragon in WoW, and has icons from WoW..

    yeah.. no.

    The idea is nice, but copy pasting stuff I don't like.
    The name of the dragon is Azuregos, I've played WoW for 6 years, I'm pretty sure about both the name and the fact I didnt copy. I used the spell icons because I need fitting spell icons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Could we not rip off wow for champion names? Have some imagination.


    Passive: Don't turrets and minions always do that at the moment?

    Q: It's ok, with season 3 changes to talents making minions a little more dangerous for players while laning, when they go to attack, this would cause them to be more of a threat.

    W: No. Just no. There's already an issue with turret diving in this game, don't need 1 champion who is immune to it, and turns it into a weapon. It would be better if instead of unleashing it to damage enemies, it gets stored for 5 secs, and when the effect ends, then it inflicts the damage to him. That way he is immune from the turret for a few seconds, but will take the damage anyways. So instead of it being "duur pop GA and run over my enemies, omg they didnt die, use turrets power". It's a more thought out ability, and plan of attack. "I can kill him if I dive with this, but will the unleashed energy kill me after?", makes it a high cost high reward thing early game, and weaker at end game.

    E: Change the per kill to Per Champion kill or assist. That way you don't stack the crap out of it 3 min into the game from killing minions and have seige minions pushing the lanes when you and your team mates don't need it to, and during mid to late game, you will have powerful minions pushing side lanes.

    R: Drop the ap ratio. The heal could be ok, but the movement speed should be changed to a slow/snare on the 3 or more it hits.
    So if I had said "You dodge all basic attacks for 2 sec" it would sound better? Keep in mind there is a champion with this ability that has a stun added to it. And no I'm not copying WoW. Paladins existed 500-800 years before WoW. The name isnt the same, the icons are just icons. Making my own looks ugly. already answered about E above. Dont mind numbers, they can change, not my job.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainec View Post
    You lost me at W, that's way too overpowered.
    It would be more balanced if it was just a shield with a dmg cap that you could use after the full 2 sec, for any dmg you took, granted the shield isn't destroyed before then.
    Think Sion's shield, but damage is determined by how much you are hit for and damage cap increases with skill up.

    Just my opinion
    No I prefer it only turret specific. Why do you want me to make an ability shield from all kind of damage and say only guarding from turrets is op.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    I'm pass on this. Isn't Diplomacy already a part of the game? Don't minions already do that? The pushing part is just too brutal. If he gets fed at all and doesn't die, 10 min, the game is over.

    Instead of E being on the Nexus, maybe you could give him mini promote instead. How would you get more than 1 minion, if the Nexus spawns them on 6 stacks? E is a lane only skill, quite worthless and overpowered at the same time.

    Divine Storm? So you want Amumu's R, with a heal component? That is way too overpowered, stacked with his Q.

    Get stacks with W, *% increased damage, Ult, heal, while chasing, and spam Q, for the win? The only items you'd need is a Mallet, PD, and you win. Movespeed quints, flat AR yellows, attack speed reds. It's not like you'd even need E other than to keep yourself topped off.

    So No.

    I think the idea, a minion based laner is great. I would honestly like to see a Chen knock off for the League. Though your idea is too overpowered, even with better scaling. Just too much lane sustain, and once He gets fed even one kill, it's over for that lane.
    Last edited by Jokerfiend; 2012-11-20 at 06:40 AM.

  16. #16
    Pandaren Monk Kuthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,989
    There is a difference between dodging all basic attacks, and dodging tower hits.
    2 seconds is heaps of time to towerdive with all 5 people and pick up easy kills.
    It might suck near the end of the game, but it's still hugely OP at the start.

    Q does way too much damage, E sounds horrible.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

    Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    The name of the dragon is Azuregos, I've played WoW for 6 years, I'm pretty sure about both the name and the fact I didnt copy. I used the spell icons because I need fitting spell icons.


    So if I had said "You dodge all basic attacks for 2 sec" it would sound better? Keep in mind there is a champion with this ability that has a stun added to it. And no I'm not copying WoW. Paladins existed 500-800 years before WoW. The name isnt the same, the icons are just icons. Making my own looks ugly. already answered about E above. Dont mind numbers, they can change, not my job.

    Yet again, another champion you want feed back on, and you do nothing but make excuses and dismiss everyone.

    Paladins existed before WoW, yes, those icons how ever did not. If Riot say used this champion, they wouldn't use those icons. It's pointless to even make pictures for it. Just type up the abilities on here.

    Lets see. Azuregos for WoW. Azurgos for this guy. Dropping one letter is not making the name different.

    Jax's counter strike dodges all champion basic attacks. Lets count how many champions use only basic attacks and has 0 damaging abilities.....hmm..umm..oh look 0. While some champs are AA focused, all champions can damage jax under his counter strike through an ability. Turrets, ONLY have 1 attack that this guys W dodges, but, as obv you can't read, I didn't specifically complain about that. It's the fact that he dodges the turret attack, then turns it into a weapon. You will obviously survive the turrets attacks anyways if you are diving, negating the damage all together on a 16 sec cd ability is too strong. Only a few champions can survive/negate turrets through abilities, and those are all pretty much ultimates. Example, Tryn, Kayle, and Poppy.

    You cannot compare dodging champion basic attacks, to dodging turret attacks.

    Don't post a champion for feed back when all you want to hear is "omg this champion is so awesome, i'd love to play this. Good work man!" Cause it isn't going to happen.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    The name of the dragon is Azuregos, I've played WoW for 6 years, I'm pretty sure about both the name and the fact I didnt copy. I used the spell icons because I need fitting spell icons.

    So if I had said "You dodge all basic attacks for 2 sec" it would sound better? Keep in mind there is a champion with this ability that has a stun added to it. And no I'm not copying WoW. Paladins existed 500-800 years before WoW. The name isnt the same, the icons are just icons. Making my own looks ugly. already answered about E above. Dont mind numbers, they can change, not my job.
    I wish I had the energy to rip you a new one on what you just wrote there.

    I get you on the spell icons part, but to say that this whole champion isn't derived from spells, and a big blue dragon from WoW is just silly.

    Also, take your 'Paladins existed 500-800 years before WoW' out of here. This is flashy magic shit, not the real deal. God..

  19. #19
    To me a champion that is based around minions and towers must be beyond boring to play. I like the artwork though.

  20. #20
    Pandaren Monk Kurdiern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    CA-LI-FORNIA GIRLS, I'M IRRESISTABLE!
    Posts
    1,849
    Why do you ask for feedback than rip on the people who give it to you?

    This is a WoW focused website, and you decided to use the name of a Unit/Character in WoW, the ability names from a class in WoW, and the same spell icons?

    Story/lore are boring (We already have a justice focused champion with the nearly same theme as this one). They don't even feel like they fit in the LoL universe at all. Like you copy pasted a cliche movie story.

    At level 18 Azurgos gains an armored horse which he can only ride out of combat, increases movement speed by 45? Wtf? Is this some kind of additional passive? So he gets two passives, one being a free boots?

    Can we get some ratios? Having +460 bonus auto attack modifier on a 4 second cooldown is already broken enough, having Kayle's Recklesness effect on it and it potentially resetting auto attack timer is fucking hilarious.

    W is an incredibly situational ability that won't see much use for probably 50-60% of the game. Also turrets are there to deter early aggression and force you to weigh the risks/invest substantially into diving. Having a free 20 sec CD 2 sec invulnerability to turrets is ridiculous.

    I'm assuming he gets a stack only on champion deaths. If not then that's stupid as fuck. The split pushing power of someone like Nidalee without even having to be in the lane, 2-3 siege minions stomping down lane.

    Ulti meh. Damage nuke with an incentive to hit as many people as possible.

    Passive. zzzzzzzzzzzz
    Last edited by Kurdiern; 2012-11-20 at 10:34 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •