Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    ^this

Wtb more originality..
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I'm pass on this. Isn't Diplomacy already a part of the game? Don't minions already do that? The pushing part is just too brutal. If he gets fed at all and doesn't die, 10 min, the game is over.

Instead of E being on the Nexus, maybe you could give him mini promote instead. How would you get more than 1 minion, if the Nexus spawns them on 6 stacks? E is a lane only skill, quite worthless and overpowered at the same time.

Divine Storm? So you want Amumu's R, with a heal component? That is way too overpowered, stacked with his Q.

Get stacks with W, *% increased damage, Ult, heal, while chasing, and spam Q, for the win? The only items you'd need is a Mallet, PD, and you win. Movespeed quints, flat AR yellows, attack speed reds. It's not like you'd even need E other than to keep yourself topped off.

So No.

I think the idea, a minion based laner is great. I would honestly like to see a Chen knock off for the League. Though your idea is too overpowered, even with better scaling. Just too much lane sustain, and once He gets fed even one kill, it's over for that lane.
    I also mentioned neutral creeps...thats what the diplomacy stands for. 1 minion per wave isnt that much ( you can rarely get 3. This is just in case you are at the enemy nexus and you managed to pick up all minion kills ). Any good tank/carry can carry a game. I dont want him to have a promote. I want him to be able to spawn extra minions. About Divine Storm...I really dont get it, how is it related? Amumu's R is a snare/stun ( not sure ) that applies to all champs it hits. Divine Storm does moderate amount of AoE damage around himself, and it only heals nearby allies if you hit 3+ champions. Its good for teamfights and it has a long cooldown. 20% movement speed is nothing. 25% of 500 damage is nothing as well. Q increases damage done by allied minions and turrets, not damage you or enemy turrets do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    There is a difference between dodging all basic attacks, and dodging tower hits.
    2 seconds is heaps of time to towerdive with all 5 people and pick up easy kills.
    It might suck near the end of the game, but it's still hugely OP at the start.

Q does way too much damage, E sounds horrible.
    Yes, dodging all champion, minion, monster and turret basic attacks + stun + 200-300 damage< dodging turret basic attacks and 500 damage ( thats how much towers can do for 2 sec )

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Yet again, another champion you want feed back on, and you do nothing but make excuses and dismiss everyone.

Paladins existed before WoW, yes, those icons how ever did not. If Riot say used this champion, they wouldn't use those icons. It's pointless to even make pictures for it. Just type up the abilities on here.

Lets see. Azuregos for WoW. Azurgos for this guy. Dropping one letter is not making the name different.

Jax's counter strike dodges all champion basic attacks. Lets count how many champions use only basic attacks and has 0 damaging abilities.....hmm..umm..oh look 0. While some champs are AA focused, all champions can damage jax under his counter strike through an ability. Turrets, ONLY have 1 attack that this guys W dodges, but, as obv you can't read, I didn't specifically complain about that. It's the fact that he dodges the turret attack, then turns it into a weapon. You will obviously survive the turrets attacks anyways if you are diving, negating the damage all together on a 16 sec cd ability is too strong. Only a few champions can survive/negate turrets through abilities, and those are all pretty much ultimates. Example, Tryn, Kayle, and Poppy.

You cannot compare dodging champion basic attacks, to dodging turret attacks.

Don't post a champion for feed back when all you want to hear is "omg this champion is so awesome, i'd love to play this. Good work man!" Cause it isn't going to happen.
    Yes because people just take a glance at it and make the rest of the effects with their imagination. I already said it about icons, I need good and fitting icons, excuse me for not being able to make my own with photoshop and excuse me for not liking using images for icons. If Riot uses a champion idea they will change everything but the mechanics design itself. I wouldve never really made any champs if it was just to type some text that nobody will bother reading. This way it looks attractive, complete, proffesional. I have never read a single champion suggestion on LoL's site because those are just walls of text. The original name was Azorgus but I mistyped it later on. Even so, using a medieval name that seems to have most letters overlapping with a name based off a color and gos doesnt mean mine isnt creative. I only remembered the WoW dragon after typing in the name. Did you just say Jax's has 0 damaging abilities? Excuse me but Jax doesnt need E in most cases unless he tower dives or is in a teamfight. His ability combo makes him strong. 100% attack speed from passive, 300-400 damage wide range jump with little cd, strong sustainable burst damage from W and R, armor and magic ress from R's active. An aoe stun. All the "dismission" you talked about above is the exact same thing I'm gonna tell you. Jax's E dodges turret attacks IN ADDITION TO AN AOE STUN NEARLY AS MUCH DAMAGE OP PASSIVE AND OTHER ABILITIES. I gave Jax's E as an example because my W is a weaker version of it. Yes it does 200 more damage but it doesnt stun, and doesnt dodge champion attacks. I played jax today and yesterday. E indeed does dodge turret attacks. I compared dodging turret, minion, champion, monster attacks vs dodging only turret attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Why do you ask for feedback than rip on the people who give it to you?

This is a WoW focused website, and you decided to use the name of a Unit/Character in WoW, the ability names from a class in WoW, and the same spell icons?

Story/lore are boring (We already have a justice focused champion with the nearly same theme as this one). They don't even feel like they fit in the LoL universe at all. Like you copy pasted a cliche movie story.

At level 18 Azurgos gains an armored horse which he can only ride out of combat, increases movement speed by 45? Wtf? Is this some kind of additional passive? So he gets two passives, one being a free boots?

Can we get some ratios? Having +460 bonus auto attack modifier on a 4 second cooldown is already broken enough, having Kayle's Recklesness effect on it and it potentially resetting auto attack timer is fucking hilarious.

W is an incredibly situational ability that won't see much use for probably 50-60% of the game. Also turrets are there to deter early aggression and force you to weigh the risks/invest substantially into diving. Having a free 20 sec CD 2 sec invulnerability to turrets is ridiculous.

I'm assuming he gets a stack only on champion deaths. If not then that's stupid as fuck. The split pushing power of someone like Nidalee without even having to be in the lane, 2-3 siege minions stomping down lane.

Ulti meh. Damage nuke with an incentive to hit as many people as possible.

Passive. zzzzzzzzzzzz
    I ask for reasonable feedback. Not telling me things that I proved wrong above. People tell me that my R is like amumu's R...wtf? AoE ults are common. People told me that dodging champion, turret, minion and monster basic attacks + stun and 300 damage < dodging turret attacks + 500 damage ( in a target direction, way harder to hit than an aoe )

I didnt copy the name, you can read above if you still think the opposite. Same goes for the icons, read above. I gave my champion a mount that gives 45 movement speed out of combat. Its basically like Boots of Mobility except it is a hidden passive given for free.

What kayle effect? What timer reset? Imagine Azurgos fighting 1v1 without nearby minions or turrets or anyone. Just him and the enemy. His W and E become useless. His R is long cd and only does damage if 1 enemy is hit. his passive is intentionally weak to compensate for his other abilities. His Q is his only damaging potential. Keep in mind the AD ratio is a number. Nothing else. About the base damage, 460 at level 18 for only damaging ability 1v1 is nothing. If he plays full ad he will be destroyed in teamfights so he has to build tanky and that will basically nerf his Q hard. Keep in mind that all the numbers u see. 2 sec turret dodge, 460 damage, 4 sec cd, 1 minion per 6 kills, these are all the stats of LEVEL 5 ABILITIES. when it scales down to level 1, it can be 1 minion per 20 kills, Q 10 sec cd or very low damage, 0.5 turret attack dodge. pff....

2-3 siege minions is impossible unless you are at enemy nexus and you manage to take all the minions kills. 1 minion wave = 6 minions ( 7 every second one ). 3 waves spawn for each lane. You manage to kill them all and you get 18 kills total, thats 9 extra siege minions. Very, very situational. He doesnt have the AoE to kill so many minions and so fast. If he spams Q to kill minions he loses lots of mana. His ult does 500 damage, what kind of nuke is that? Some champs have 2k aoe dmg potential. W is probly his least situational ability. He will need it for diving. But at lower levels it has higher cd and lower duration. I thought thats obvious.

TO ALL THOSE WHO WILL SAY I'M WHINING OR COMPLAINING ABOUT FEEDBACK. You come in my thread, insult me, saying I'm copying and that my creation sucks. I prove you wrong while being polite. You call that whining?

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 03:13 PM ----------

MY BAD EVERYONE. UP TO NOW I HAVE THOUGHT JAX'S E DODGED TURRET ATTACKS. Yesterday I turret dived a Tryndamere in a 1v1 game, I killed him under tower and I didnt take any damage, he had full health. I had 20 armor and 6% lifesteal. I thought it works like that. Sorry again!!!!

Deleted
    >Increases damage taken by minions and turrets.
    Absolutely redundant effect, kindly stop it.

>Absorb turret damage.
    Ridiculously situational effect.

>Global push ability.
    Good joke, like Riot'd do that. (Also very crappy effect. Even if you did globally push, the enemy would just kill your minion and gain MORE gold)

>Deny
    Uhh, they specifically removed the deny function from GP because, hey, it was a deny.

>Passive
    Really worthless, assuming they're all trying to punch your lights out at all, it'd just jump back and forth between all of them, spreading the damage out.

Also, the numbers on Q are ridiculously stronq.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2012-11-20 at 01:47 PM.

What deny? what light ._. I am majorly confused

Deleted
    "Sacrifice a nearby allied minion with the highest remaining health to do X and Y"
    Allied minions die = enemies don't get to kill it = you've denied them XP and gold.

"Punch your lights out" is an expression meaning they want to physically abuse you to the point that you fall unconscious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    No I prefer it only turret specific. Why do you want me to make an ability shield from all kind of damage and say only guarding from turrets is op.
    Because I said there was a cap to the damage the shield could take before it would break. That way, players would have to strategically pick when to use it before the duration fails.
    If they know they're going to be hit by maybe a skillshot that wouldn't break the shield, they could effectively absorb the entire hit and throw it right back at the enemy.
    The way I had it, it wouldn't be all too effective late game in the middle of a team fight, but if you wanted some defense from maybe a hit or two, it would be perfect if the whole team wasn't focusing you.
    Last edited by Rainec; 2012-11-20 at 02:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

10+ Year Old Account
    Please do not add insults into criticisms about a champion concept, and Silverrendy do not get hyper defensive. People are going to criticize many things good or bad.

-Duronos
    Hey everyone

I did not insult anyone, Duronos. Not in a why I haven't been insulted already. Had a bad day and people on the forums repeat same and same stuff ( all forums that I posted this on ) and when I explain it once people ignore it. Nobody looks deep inside things. Thanks for the reminder though, will have it in mind!

10+ Year Old Account
    1. W is same as Jax's E except it doesnt stun and only stops turret attacks. Learn to read ( comments )
    2. E's active can stop its passive. Think about it.
    3. The heal is not odd.
    4. Tank is someone who initiates and has lots of hp armor and mr. Not a cc monster. You want teh same champ all the time? with the abilities? i dont
    1) I would point out that Jax doesn't block turret attacks, but you've realized this yourself already so there is no point. It's still really OP early game.
    2) E's passive still pushes the lane. In the laning phase, most of the time you don't want to push your lane. Since this sends a siege minion to EVERY lane, this would be an issue for both mid and bot who are trying hard not to push unless they gain a good advantage.
    3) For me, the heal seems out of place. Feel free to keep it, but I think there could be a better effect in place.
    4) Finally, in LoL a tank is a CC monster. Someone who will initiate a fight, causing as much disruption as possible so people will focus him down instead of the carry. Disruption requires CC. Your thinking more along the lines of a bruiser, in which case his job would be completely different.

I think this idea has potential, it's just it has a few big issues, mostly with the W. If you toned down his ult, removed the heal and MS, and moved it to W, then made W his ult with more damage, he could pass as a bruiser and it would be a little better.

Yes because people just take a glance at it and make the rest of the effects with their imagination.
    WTF? Make effects with our imagination? We are reading your effects and telling you how they should be to make them conceivable. You don't read champions with walls of text. Good for you. Others do.

I already said it about icons, I need good and fitting icons, excuse me for not being able to make my own with photoshop and excuse me for not liking using images for icons. If Riot uses a champion idea they will change everything but the mechanics design itself. I wouldve never really made any champs if it was just to type some text that nobody will bother reading. This way it looks attractive, complete, proffesional. I have never read a single champion suggestion on LoL's site because those are just walls of text.
    Theres no point in having icons, and art for a champion that you didn't create, ripping off someone elses art isn't professional either....well technically it could be..but either way.

The original name was Azorgus but I mistyped it later on. Even so, using a medieval name that seems to have most letters overlapping with a name based off a color and gos doesnt mean mine isnt creative. I only remembered the WoW dragon after typing in the name.
    Now you say the original name was Azorgus, but you misstyped it. You couldn't add that in the OP after you noticed your mistake? Try again. You didn't think anyone would notice since Azuregos was removed from WoW some time ago.

No doing something like that doesn't make you uncreative. But damn near copying a name from an RPG game does. Especially since Blizz created that naming format for the dragon flights. If you want to do that, rearrange the letters, remove and add some. If someone can look at the name, and instantly compare it to another one from a real game, then you did it wrong. Unless it's a general name. Like Jax for example.

Did you just say Jax's has 0 damaging abilities? Excuse me but Jax doesnt need E in most cases unless he tower dives or is in a teamfight. His ability combo makes him strong. 100% attack speed from passive, 300-400 damage wide range jump with little cd, strong sustainable burst damage from W and R, armor and magic ress from R's active. An aoe stun. All the "dismission" you talked about above is the exact same thing I'm gonna tell you. Jax's E dodges turret attacks IN ADDITION TO AN AOE STUN NEARLY AS MUCH DAMAGE OP PASSIVE AND OTHER ABILITIES. I gave Jax's E as an example because my W is a weaker version of it. Yes it does 200 more damage but it doesnt stun, and doesnt dodge champion attacks. I played jax today and yesterday. E indeed does dodge turret attacks. I compared dodging turret, minion, champion, monster attacks vs dodging only turret attacks.
    Lucky for you, you corrected the whole "Jax dodges turrets" thing before I read your post. But on to the rest of it. I never said Jax has no damaging abilities. Read a post before replying to it. Yes Jax has a stun, a 1 sec stun that you can walk out of if you're faster. Jax's stun requires timing, and precision unless someones ramming their weapon down your throat. This guys turret shield, adds an immunity to the turret, then adds a damaging attack to it, that has a range to it. Plus Jax can't hold onto his stun for 15 secs like this ability can to the turrets damage. Also Jax's stun doesn't do turret damage, and requires specifics to increase it's damage any where near that.

You make these champions that have insane abilities, or weird abilities, and when you get your feedback. If you don't like it, you get defensive on it. Take the feedback, re-work the champion. I have champions I have thought up too, I have re-worked some of their abilities a lot cause the original ideas were too strong or weak.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account

It really feels like you thought long and hard of completely 'radical' abilities, settled on 'minions' and 'pushing', went "Cool, no one's done that before" and then set out to make it happen without considering why exactly no one's done that before.

Then these oddball mechanics (which needn't be a bad thing in and off itself) are tied to something any gamer on these forums will have associations with. Whether intended or not, it wasn't helped by the fact that you took WoW's icons.

I personally don't mind the fact you used that art - after all, it's just to give us an idea. But 'borrowing' (and I use the word as loosely as possible) those icons then also leads people to believe you 'borrowed' the name.

Additional feedback:
    Once you're done, look back at your champion. What did you set out to achieve? What would the gameplay be like for your champion?

In this case, it'd be frantically trying to control your lane except when you're busy turret diving. It takes an ability explicitly removed from LoL in any and all forms. This should already have been a massive red flag. What are the gameplay ramifications?

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Now you say the original name was Azorgus, but you misstyped it. You couldn't add that in the OP after you noticed your mistake? Try again. You didn't think anyone would notice since Azuregos was removed from WoW some time ago.

No doing something like that doesn't make you uncreative. But damn near copying a name from an RPG game does. Especially since Blizz created that naming format for the dragon flights. If you want to do that, rearrange the letters, remove and add some. If someone can look at the name, and instantly compare it to another one from a real game, then you did it wrong. Unless it's a general name. Like Jax for example.

Lucky for you, you corrected the whole "Jax dodges turrets" thing before I read your post. But on to the rest of it. I never said Jax has no damaging abilities. Read a post before replying to it. Yes Jax has a stun, a 1 sec stun that you can walk out of if you're faster. Jax's stun requires timing, and precision unless someones ramming their weapon down your throat. This guys turret shield, adds an immunity to the turret, then adds a damaging attack to it, that has a range to it. Plus Jax can't hold onto his stun for 15 secs like this ability can to the turrets damage. Also Jax's stun doesn't do turret damage, and requires specifics to increase it's damage any where near that.

You make these champions that have insane abilities, or weird abilities, and when you get your feedback. If you don't like it, you get defensive on it. Take the feedback, re-work the champion. I have champions I have thought up too, I have re-worked some of their abilities a lot cause the original ideas were too strong or weak.
    Yes I misstyped it but I liked how it turned out and it didnt bother me, I dont even know that Azuregos is removed. I just know its a name of a Blue Dragon from WoW. I just used a medieval name and it ended up close to that dragon's name. I'm fine with it. Look, just because you play WoW doesnt mean you are its Jesus or anythin, I'd gladly defend my favourite game - WoW as well but you dont seem to understand that it is a coinsidence.

Lucky for me? Why? What would you have done if I hadn't added it? Don't make me act stubborn and delete it just to see your reaction.

Ofcourse I will go defensive, people tell me the champion idea is bad because X is overpowred, excuse me, abilities scale with rank, at rank 1 the abilities won't be the same. Champion idea has nothing related to the power and stats of the champion.

Yes I misstyped it but I liked how it turned out and it didnt bother me, I dont even know that Azuregos is removed. I just know its a name of a Blue Dragon from WoW. I just used a medieval name and it ended up close to that dragon's name. I'm fine with it. Look, just because you play WoW doesnt mean you are its Jesus or anythin, I'd gladly defend my favourite game - WoW as well but you dont seem to understand that it is a coinsidence.

Lucky for me? Why? What would you have done if I hadn't added it? Don't make me act stubborn and delete it just to see your reaction.

Ofcourse I will go defensive, people tell me the champion idea is bad because X is overpowred, excuse me, abilities scale with rank, at rank 1 the abilities won't be the same. Champion idea has nothing related to the power and stats of the champion.
    Close? No. Asuragos is close. Azurgos is the exact name with the E dropped off. There is no medieval with that name. Blizzard created that name. Even if the original name is Azorgus. How the hell do you mistype Azorgus to Azurgos and not notice it?

It's not the abilities power. It's what the ability does. a 2 sec shield against turrets, won't scale with level. It will be 2 secs from rank 1 to 5. It's an ability that has 0 cost to him for committing to it. If a tower dive fails, then instead of being hit 5 times by the turret and dying, you will be hit 3 and survive, especially for a tank.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

With the first thread I thought "hey, the guy's just throwin' somethin' out there and people are jumping down his throat, no wonder he's annoyed!"

Now I just think "Man, I wish he'd shut the fuck up and take feedback without freaking out"

I honestly doubt it's all a coincidence. There is no way you pick up WoWs spell icons, WoWs spell names, and a WoW NPCs name by pure accident and don't at all think "wait a second..."

As said previously, OP and boring story. Nothing more to say about it except maybe the artwork is nice and I really hope you created that yourself.

If you did, good for you, it looks great.

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no way I will believe he created that art. Especially not combined with the art piece in the other thread, which bears a completely different artistic signature.
    It rings a bell, but can't for the life of me recall which artist it reminds me of.

Yeah... no.

Sorry, but the ideas aren't really very innovative and are kind of broken, the passive is stupid especially since 2/3 of it is already in the game, borrowed names/icons/etc, dont bother.

This is no better then the other idea.

If youre going to try and do this kind of thing, at least give it some thought and make something *actually* original?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

I'll be damned if I ever made another champion yet I really wanted to make something others woud like. Why would I name a paladin after fuckin blue dragon.... -.-"

I'm not freaking out, in the post you quoted its quite the opposite. "You copied bla bla bla", meh, I dont care guys, I know I didnt copy the name and I dont need someone else to believe it for me. Yes I took the icons and 2 of the spell names. Doesnt mean that Righteous Justice is a WoW trademark though. I am not a proffesional artist nor I am planning on being, I cant make icons or artworks. The only thing that is from me is the champion design and the idea to put in a presentation to make it easier to read.

I am sorry if I dissapointed you with the design though. If I use abilities that are already in game you will say I copied it. If I use new abilities everyone will rage at me for them being overpowered. God, how am I supposed to know if they are overpowered if I never had the chance to test it?

But in all honesty, most league champions are ripoffs from other games or movies. Katarina - Electra, Gangplank, pirates of the caribbean. Panda Teemo ( obviously MoP ). Ahri ( Naruto, though we could argue here, the myth about kyuubi existed long before naruto ). Talon- Assasin's Creed, Zed - Shredder....

Isnt there 1 person who agrees with me?

@Pandragon:

Let me geuss, this massege looks exatcly like:
    Let me guess, this message looks exactly like this.

Azurgos, you can easily confuse the pronounciation, easily changes to Azorgus and vice versa

10+ Year Old Account
    God, how am I supposed to know if they are overpowered if I never had the chance to test it?

Think it through. That's how. Compare to other champions, with somewhat similar kits/abilities.

Similarly, whether or not you copied the name is largely irrelevant. It's the connection your audience makes that matters.

Yes champions draw their influences from pop culture and other things but rarely quite so blatantly or with such lack of originality. And you can't count skins, those are SUPPOSED to be funny rip-offs on various things. Anyway, wasn't Panda Teemo ingame before MoP was even announced? And actually, no, Gangplank is just a pirate. There is nothing specifically pointing to Pirates of the Carribean.

And no. New abilities are not overpowered by default. They just have to have some thought put into them. And most champions have abilities which are somewhat similar to several others; as long as you aren't too boring or uninventive, it's fine. And since when did you HAVE to test something to know if an idea is stupid? It helps of course, but in general terms if you think things through properly it shouldn't be a problem...

You don't need to have icons or art for your idea btw... it's nice but in this case counter-productive because it appears lazy and shoddily put together.

And quit freaking out about the name and read what Duilliath above me posted it.

Hell, now I want to try and make an idea of my own to show you how it's done... and then probably fail miserably and be another example of how not to...

I appreciate that you're trying to be creative but what are you trying to achieve anyway...?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Think it through. That's how. Compare to other champions, with somewhat similar kits/abilities.

Similarly, whether or not you copied the name is largely irrelevant. It's the connection your audience makes that matters.
    [/FONT]
    Well I had always thought Jax's E dodges turret attacks and I thought W as a weaker version of it, in one of the comments I apologized for my mistake. Q is similiar to Rengar's Q but not as strong, cant be double cast, has about the same CD, does a bit more damage but passive compensates it.

About the name...you are right with that "connection" thingy. They see a similiar name and there is no way they will like the idea or will even read it. For most people that is.