Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    Achievements started in Wrath, so how do you know by their armoury when they started??

*edit* Seen you put, look at FoS. Most of mine show the very day achievements started, as any you had previous to that date, all show it. So you're probably going to want to have a rethink
    There are FoS that you could only have gotten if you played seriously in Vanilla/BC. Those are what he looks for, I assume.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    I keep seeing comments from people on here and other places saying "bring back TBC" or "classic was the best". Thats grate but why lie about having played it back then?

Nearly everyone you see making these comments you can armory ninja them to find they started playing in wrath or cata not classic or TBC. Some people making the comments that i checked out did play in TBC but not raiding or anything just casual it looked like (check out guild apps etc etc).

Why lie? Whats the point it does not make you a better player if you started playing back then "its all about the player you are now" not then, and it's not going to get you laid or anything. Just why lie!

Anyone have any input?

How are you checking guild apps? Unless you are refering to apping a guild thats on this website. Because if you are stalking the internet for these people on external guild websites you may have an issue your therapist needs to know about ;-)
    Myself, I started playing back in TBC prior to the KT and Vash Nerfs. Think I saw the fights once or twice before the nerfs. I do miss fights like that from TBC but as a whole I feel WoW has gone in a fairly positive direction. There are negatives and always will be to change. but as long as the overall progress feels good I cant complain

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep seeing comments from people on here and other places saying "bring back TBC" or "classic was the best". Thats grate but why lie about having played it back then?

Nearly everyone you see making these comments you can armory ninja them to find they started playing in wrath or cata not classic or TBC. Some people making the comments that i checked out did play in TBC but not raiding or anything just casual it looked like (check out guild apps etc etc).

Why lie? Whats the point it does not make you a better player if you started playing back then "its all about the player you are now" not then, and it's not going to get you laid or anything. Just why lie!

Anyone have any input?
    Because most of them are actually telling the truth. Most of them are simply not lying. And yeah it does make them better players, as with anything else in life; if you do it long enough you are bound to get somewhat good at it.

I killed Rag in vanilla, yet my achievement was not till mid wrath along with almost all my original dungeon heros achievements due to how credit was awarded when achieves were added. To qualify you needed a quest drop from the boss in question (ie Ragnaros for molten core) or a quest completed which had said boss as a requirement.

As for people wanting vanilla raiding back, or even TBC, they would not like them after about 2 weeks anyway. Especially after farming weeks and way too many hours for resistance sets.

Because obviously VANILLA AND TBC WAS DAH BEST GUIZEEE

Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    As to the original question, people lie about it, especially on forums to "lend weight" to their opinion in reference to the game.

I started in Vanilla one month before TBC hit. I can't prove that, as I never hit 60 until after TBC. Though the feats of strength for Warlock / Pally / Druid Flight form show at least I was there for TBC.
    At the time I had the mount from Karazhan so I never used my warlock mount. A few months after achievements were implemented I summoned my warlock horse because someone asked to see it. I then got the achievement months later since I hadn't used it previously since achievements were introduced.

yeah, most people probably dont go trolling the forums with their main-account :>

15+ Year Old Account
    Achievements were added to the game on October 15, 2008. If you are armorying people to try and see their oldest achievement dates, you won't see anything before that. That was at the tail end of BC. Its true that many people lie about when they started, but what does it matter? I started during BC (mostly because I had a laptop that couldn't play WoW during Vanilla). The game was fun and I enjoyed raiding, but the game is much better today. Just ignore those "Bring back Vanilla servers!" people, because most of them would actually hate it if they had the chance to play again. Nostalgia is a hell of a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    There are FoS that you could only have gotten if you played seriously in Vanilla/BC. Those are what he looks for, I assume.
    Scarab lord was obtained during TBC by alot of people.
    Atiesh was made during BC alot aswell.
    Hand of Adal etc titles were still obtainable during wrath.

I cant think of any FoS that was only available in vanilla except maybe old PvP titles.

Deleted
    I don't think it matters if people played from before WOTLK or not. The game mechanics have changed so much since then, it has no effect on the players skill level if they started before Cata.
    In fact I think it shows that a player is actually unskilled if they say that they must be good at the game because they have been playing from Vanilla/BC/etc, because it shows a total mis-understanding of the game.

my name ingame is Maxmonkus, i play on azuremyst, please tell me when i started playing wow EU servers btw gl, i'm kinda exited

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post

PvP titles + Scarab are the only 1's though......Lock / Pally / Druid mounts have only recently been removed the being able to be achieved with account wide mounts. Any others that have been removed are from Wrath onward (Ony60 / ZG / Knuckle sandwich / etc)

So OK, in that very limited amount of people, they can DEFINITELY prove they played Vanilla. Rest of us can't

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely it would be people who wish to have participated in the glory of Vanilla and Burning Crusade, when things actually was hard and you actually needed to communicate in order to stuff which we now take for granted.
    I have several friends whom started in Wrath, looking back on ol' clips from when WoW was new and thrilling, wishing to do the good ol' stuff.
    I grew up in late Vanilla, practically 2 weeks before Crusade hit, so I clearly can't speak so high and galant about how it was, but from what I do know from TBC, I can clearly see that they want to recreate some (most are blatant lies) of the atmosphere that was with that expansion.
    I still can't forget my first Kara run as a Gnome Lock in 70. Took me years (rather, months) to gain the attunement, but it was worth it I tell you.

Conclusion: People lie due to jealousy, or because they want to recreate the same feeling we first-/second generation (expansion-wise, not as a generation parent-child) had with WoW, but that's based upon my friends' thoughts.

"its all about the player you are now" not then, and it's not going to get you laid or anything.
    First off, playing WoW doesn't impress as many people as hardcore players really think. It's pretty much just a game for the D&D crowd. Second, Achievements were not launched til 3.0.2, so it would be tough to say who is and is not a Classic baby. Third, making a thread to whine about Classic player who brag about being snowflakes is really kinda sad, and troll like. So for that reason, I give this thread 2/10. You got a few bites Troll Solo...

I've caught a few people using this lie as well. I think they just want everyone to see them as an experienced veteran of the game even though they're just a lying sack of shit. I've encountered a couple people within this game as well as real life that just lie about EVERYTHING, even shit that's not important. They're not bad people, but you can't believe a goddamn word they say. I don't even call them out on their lies anymore or they get defensive. Just nod your head and feign impressed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I play on a different account than the one I played on in Vanilla and TBC. You can't always judge by the armory.
    ^ this. I used to play on the US servers back in late vanilla, early TBC but later switched to the EU servers mid-TBC. As someone previously mentioned, you will not find a date earlier when the achievements got introduced, sometime mid-october 2008.

Not sure why people would lie when they say that they want vanilla or TBC back, even if they didn't play that might wish they had. There's also a group of people, with a certain kind of personality, that wants to feel like they are included in EVERYTHING. Hence, the lies.

Deleted
    Even if it is a lie.

They say it because if you didn't play back then you are automatically branded clueless, even if you are an amazing player that knows his stuff about the game

I played during TBC,

think it was pre black temple, although didn't raid at all until sunwell release and even there I only regularly did kara Gruuls ZA untimed After weeks of attempts Maggy went down, after that we progressed onto SSC with another guild, I did a few in there, missed one week missed them doing amazingly and clearing the place up to the lady, struggled like hell, I think we did get the kill pre nerf though, we then moved onto TK cleared the place easier than we thought, and kept getting to KT oh the phase where all the advisers come (if thats the last phase), then we went BT for a giggle, and we did the first boss, supermus shade of his face, blood boil, tried terrorfiend and the head (cant recall the name) but we couldn't do them ones.

Night before the big nerf we attempted kalegos, and failed, the next raid night after nerf, people couldnt control their dps,

Point is, I fail to see how you could gather that from achievement history, even with some FoS, I dont believe I have many if any FoS from tbc era on my account because I didn't do anything remotely special
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    You could ninja armory me and find out there's been activity on the character since around Ulduar.

You could ninja subcription history me and see there's been activity since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Why do people always assume they are lying? WoW had huge growth during that period. It makes sense that the majority of players started playing during classic and BC. Absence of evidence on the armory is not necessarily evidence of absence.
    Blizz has said themselves more people used to play WoW than currently play WoW.

Perhaps it's just a matter of disproportionate representation (such as how polls here on mmo-c have responses indicating that mmo-c readers are, on average, much more hardcore with raiding and pvp than the average player), but when you see that more people say they started in Vanilla or BC than you see say started in Wrath or Cata, considering the game is 8 years old I think it's fair to question the validity of these statements.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.