Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

WoW 8th Anniversary!

Really sad that the ball was dropped on this, however this is not a complaint forum.

Do you guys think blizzard will apologize and try and patch the huge disappointment they have caused, or do you think it will be swept under the rug.

A: The letter was a bug.
    B: there is nothing to patch in but maybe the letter. What did we get for 1,2,3,6,7 anniversary?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    A: The letter was a bug.
    B: there is nothing to patch in but maybe the letter. What did we get for 1,2,3,6,7 anniversary?
    Fuck all but lets face it despite all the raging about always wanting free shit for nothing well imo this is the one thing they should reward players with every year.
    9 years subscribed shows alot of support and dedication to there product so ye i do think they should do what they did in year 4 and 5.
    Wank thing is its like this in most companies nowadays, yes its all about bringing in new customers but they should never forget about existing ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for posting that, but I feel if they send me a message saying "FUCK YOU" I'd feel less insulted
    At least I'll know they took some time to write a new message instead of doing EXACTLY same like last year
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The letter was a mistake, not a bug. I am not angry about not getting something amazing, but I am angry about the complete lack of use of the item given; paired with the old letter. I am upset that Blizz let this big mistake through. To many, myself included, the problem is not the lack of an awesome item it is the lack appreciation that is evident in this mistake.

Meh, just gave me an extra push to finally get Timbermaw exalted.

Don't really see the point, we're getting plenty of free stuff nowadays. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth (even if it's not a horse, but a buff).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Quote Originally Posted by timoteo View Post
    The letter was a mistake, not a bug. I am not angry about not getting something amazing, but I am angry about the complete lack of use of the item given; paired with the old letter. I am upset that Blizz let this big mistake through. To many, myself included, the problem is not the lack of an awesome item it is the lack appreciation that is evident in this mistake.
    It was post a few times, one by a in game GM, and one on the bug forums that it is a bug.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    did i miss something? whats this letter about?

I suppose it's because I don't take games very seriously, but I really don't care if it was last years letter(which I did not read) or a new letter. I saw the mail, got my item, and deleted it without even caring to read the thing.

I'm not sure where the "huge disappointment" was, so they were lazy and sent out the old letter hoping that no one would notice, some people notice, complain, and they say "oops! that was a bug!", so what? Lower your expectations and you will never be disappointed.

"lack appreciation that is evident in this mistake. "

What? What would you like them to do? Send you a personalised thank you letter every month you pay?
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2012-11-23 at 10:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you guys think blizzard will apologize and try and patch the huge disappointment they have caused,
    Excuse me? They did not disappoint anyone really. If anything this is caused by players themselves expecting stuff they should not expect really.
    Like poster above said, most of the years there was nothing, and why should they? Mostr companies don't celebrate those weird years anyway. 5, 10 15 are milestones, 6,7,8,9 11 or so aren't.
    Besides how many presents do you hand out when you celebrate your birthday?

So no disappointment here really, can use the item for my alts even so.... not a waste even.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 10:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    Fuck all but lets face it despite all the raging about always wanting free shit for nothing well imo this is the one thing they should reward players with every year.
    9 years subscribed shows alot of support and dedication to there product
    Not all players have been around that long.... and again, companies are not obliged to give away stuff for celebrating milestones and in all honesty 8 or 9 years isn't a special milestone, really.

I laugh at people when they ask for free stuff. its blizzes right to send or not send. Dont argue with the makers, you should be happy that this game has lasted this long.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Meh, just gave me an extra push to finally get Timbermaw exalted.

Don't really see the point, we're getting plenty of free stuff nowadays. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth (even if it's not a horse, but a buff).
    gift horse my white ass, you PAY them and got this shit lol.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 04:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Not a single person in this thread pays a subscription to "support Blizzard", it's selfish entertainment.. Don't make it anything else.

And seeing we already have a thread on this: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...cling-Paper-P/
    Maybe it's time this one got locked?
    are you seriously going to argue that the hundreds of millions of dollars they've made off subs doesn't DIRECTLY support them?

why do YOU feel the need to say shit like that? do you REALLY believe that you're lucky to get to pay a company who is devoting 1/4 as much of its resources to the game you're paying the exact same for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Still people unaware that the letter is a bug.

Still people who hasn't noticed that the xp/rep bonus percentage is merely a gesture at the number of years.

I'm getting this feeling that the only reason some are making a huge deal out of this is because they just want something to whine about, as always.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Skit View Post
    I laugh at people when they ask for free stuff. its blizzes right to send or not send. Dont argue with the makers, you should be happy that this game has lasted this long.
    $15 a month isn't free. stop defending a company that makes hundreds of millions of dollars. they fucked up, they half-assed the anniversary because we simply don't mean jack shit to them and it should be as obvious as the big nose on your face.

stop defending them, you're just making it easier to fuck us over next time while fucking yourself over too.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 04:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Still people unaware that the letter is a bug.

Still people who hasn't noticed that the xp/rep bonus percentage is merely a gesture at the number of years.

I'm getting this feeling that the only reason some are making a huge deal out of this is because they just want something to whine about, as always.
    it's not a fucking bug, it's a fuckup. they never took the time to update the template they had already used 2x before. that is not a bug. they put no effort into the anniversary...again. just like they put no effort into the pre-expansion event. just like they put no effort into much of anything right now. it's why they resorted to dailies.

[QUOTE=fizzbob;19149880]$15 a month isn't free. stop defending a company that makes hundreds of millions of dollars. they fucked up, they half-assed the anniversary because we simply don't mean jack shit to them and it should be as obvious as the big nose on your face.

stop defending them, you're just making it easier to fuck us over next time while fucking yourself over too.[COLOR="red"][UNQUOTE]

Go play the other duds then and stop paying.

But you won't.

In the land of the blind, ...one eye is King.

We know already for 8 years who is King

[QUOTE=BenBos;19149915]
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    $15 a month isn't free. stop defending a company that makes hundreds of millions of dollars. they fucked up, they half-assed the anniversary because we simply don't mean jack shit to them and it should be as obvious as the big nose on your face.

stop defending them, you're just making it easier to fuck us over next time while fucking yourself over too.[COLOR="red"][UNQUOTE]

Go play the other duds then and stop paying.

But you won't.

In the land of the blind, ...one eye is King.

We know already for 8 years who is King
    what duds? there are multiple MMOs with millions of active subs right now? fuck right now i'm playing madden and tearing it up from the slot. cancelled my wow sub the other day, they're just not putting much effort into the game, damn sure not $15 worth, and if they fix it great, if not i won't miss anything but a shit load of bugs.

so like i said, stop defending blizzard, you are not blizzard, blizzard does not give a fuck about you and you are only a customer just like the people who bitch. you are equal to the people who bitch.

so stop defending blizzard like you're defending a family member. it's sick

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    it's not a fucking bug, it's a fuckup. they never took the time to update the template they had already used 2x before. that is not a bug. they put no effort into the anniversary...again. just like they put no effort into the pre-expansion event. just like they put no effort into much of anything right now. it's why they resorted to dailies.

It's a bug. But frankly the only thing more sad than it occurring is that people are going apeshit about something as trivial as a fucking letter that 99.89% of all players delete anyway. Appreciation of the customer is the reason they are still improving the game even after eight freaking years.

Then again, even if they made some new pet, complete with a new animation skeleton, you'd complain about it anyway. What do you want? What is the appropriate reward for logging in during the 8th anniversary, when even a completely new player can do it.

No effort? Guess you've ignored everything else. No surprise, it's all about numbers. Number of heroics, number of bosses per raid. Everything else doesn't matter ya?

Teehee, dailies. You want to know the true fuck up? Allowing people to get gear, justice, valor and reputation for a mere few hours in Cataclysm 5mans. Gating and slowing down player progression but always having the carrot on a stick near is what makes a good lasting MMO. Guess it doesn't fit your preferences.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-11-19 at 10:28 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Maybe you should stop acting as if Blizzard OR you are some kind of charity?

"Ooh, but I have supported them all the time!"
    No, you didn't. If a company makes a product and you buy it, we don't call that supporting.
    Supporting implies you are 'helping' them, that you are somehow more than just a customer.

It has nothing to do with being 'lucky' or anything.
    Your relation with Blizzard is nothing but company-customer, please stop making it sound like a love-story where you are entitled to a pet because you're oooh so loyal.
    every fucking person i know calls GIVING A COMPANY YOUR MONEY supporting them. fuck, they'll even say in some slogans "thank you for your support"

at what point did you people lose your spine and balls and go from a "valued customer" to "blizzard's army of bitches"? man the fuck up, expect what you pay for to work properly, expect to get what you were told you'd get and be mad when you don't

stop making it so easy for blizzard to fuck you

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 04:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post

No effort? Guess you've ignored everything else. No surprise, it's all about numbers. Number of heroics, number of bosses per raid. Everything else doesn't matter ya?

Teehee, dailies. You want to know the true fuck up? Allowing people to get gear, justice, valor and reputation for a mere few hours in Cataclysm. Gating and slowing down player progression but always having the carrot on a stick near is what makes a good lasting MMO. Guess it doesn't fit your preferences.
    look, if ANY of you people were having half the fun you say wow offers, you'd NOT BE HERE. when i discovered sex, you know what i wanted to do 24/7?

fuck

you know why? because it was fun. that's what you do when something is fun, you do WHAT YOU THINK IS FUN. and don't give me the tired old "i'm at work" bullshit, you're not at work and you're not logged into wow. that's how fun it is to you, but by god, you'll defend blizzard (the company who loves you so much they sent you last year's anniversary note and charges you to do dailies while wow is in the buggiest state it's been in since vanilla in the middle of the most fucked up PVP season EVER)

how about this, YOU go play the game you say you love or just fucking admit you are bored.

Maybe you should stop attacking Blizzard as if they beat up a family member?
    It's quite pathetic and you get way too emotional over a game you stopped playing.

"thank you for your support", I googled that and all the Blizzard-messages are from CM's thanking people for support that is more than just paying the bill.
    Giving feedback, talking to GM/CM's, pointing out bugs and helping the community: That is support.
    Paying your monthly bill is just a transaction.

Just because we refuse to act like whiny kids doesn't mean anyone lost his/her spine and balls.. It just means that we disagree with your tirade of 'fuck'.
    my tirade of fuck lol, i replied to one of your MANY threads in this topic. you were here taking it on teh chin for blizz before i made one post. stop lying. it's disgusting

well how about this, i bet you $1000 that if you stop supporting them with your $15 a month, they'll stop letting you log in

you wanna take that bet and prove me wrong or you wanna just shut up and accept that your worth to them is based solely on the ONLY real way you support them...with your sub payment

but seriously, stop paying and let's see how much they value your other forms of support lol. i KNOW you won't do it because none of you folks will do anything like that. you NEVER put your money where you mouth is. you might as well just shut up and go have fun in wow

isn't that what you do? have so much fun you can't stand it? sure it is.

i dont give a shit about the letter the thing that bothers me is they changed how we do rep since last year and the buff is useless to anyone at max level. Tbh i was kinda excited about it remembered using it to max firelands rep last year but its totally useless since we dont get rep per kill with anything , if the rep buff helped with dailys this would of been fine by me hell even the halloween buff helped with dailys rep come on blizz eazy fix .