Hunter pets as mounts?

I could see this happening with a glyph.

As much as I want this, I doubt that we'll be able to ride our pets, since some of them isn't really built to carry a big, say, tauren

They would have to redo the model and animation for every single tamable beast in the game. That would just be silly.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    They would have to redo the model and animation for every single tamable beast in the game. That would just be silly.
    Yes, I agree but heck I'm sure they'll have downtime to work through the mechanics. >__<

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 03:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Implying that blizz actually cares about hunters >_>
    I always lie to myself by thinking that they do.

Deleted
    I've wanted this since vanilla when I walked into the barrens and found I couldn't tame thunder lizards or kodos, always felt where other classes have a class specific mount hunters should of been able to tame these large beasts as a mount.

No. Just no.
    It would be so completely unfair to the other classes. It would pretty much give 1 class access to hundreds of mounts that no one else could get. It's a stupid idea through and through.

Deleted
    This is something I've wanted for a long time. Since a whole lot of the models (pretty much all beasts with 2 or 4 legs) are already made ready with animations for mounting and riding them this shouldn't be hard to implement. Call it bareback riding or something and they won't need to add a saddle to the models. And to counter the "then hunters gets easymode mount-achs" and such they could simply just make it not count as an ordinary mount but a spell and limit it to one mount at the time. If you 'tame' a new mount the old one disappears. This way it doesn't differ very much from the paladin/warlock equivalents already in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted this or allowing us to put armor on pets such as bracers or a cape

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonic View Post
    I wanted this or allowing us to put armor on pets such as bracers or a cape
    This went from wanting to ride our pets, to now dressing them up. Lolwut