Poll: Was I the problem?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Opinion Time. What do you think

Now, I'm a little perplexed at the moment. If you would lend a moment of your time, I'd appreciate your input

Setting the stage:

-Dire Maul East. Right before the Lethtendris (Blood Elf + imp up the ramp)
    -LFD group. Monk tank, monk healer, shadow priest (me), hunter, fury warrior. We're all in heirlooms.

Story:

Normal DM, everything is running smoothly, we're all in heirlooms so its just the usual faceroll. Get to Lethtendris and the monks say they have to go afk.

Monks afk at the bottom of the ramp, the rest of us go to the top. We're waiting, not too long, but at least 5minutes before I say. "Hey warrior, go pull, I'll heal you." Warrior says ok. The three of us take them down without issue, no one dies, no one takes barely any damage.

Monks come back and berate me for not waiting for them. I said we were fine, that I healed the warrior so it's not like there was a chance of wiping. They come back with "No, you should learn to play your class."

I'm hit with insult after insult. "You're the reason this game is bad"
    "if this was vanilla, we would have wiped. If this was vanilla etc etc.." (I know how hard DM was, I've played on and off since beta.)
    "You don't fucking pull. Period"

The warrior leaves group. Then, which is what I'm confused about, the hunter takes their side, agreeing with them. Saying I'm the asshole and I should learn to play.

They vote kick me, and I'm sitting here scratching my head. We didn't wipe, there was no chance of pulling extra since the boss is alone. Now, I'd understand if I was pulling trash from the tank before he pulled while we were clearing, but when the tank is afk, and I can heal AND there's another warrior in the group? You'd think I just wiped a 40man group at 1% on purpose by the way they were acting.

Question. Am I the asshole for pulling? Do you agree?
    Last edited by Bathory; 2012-11-20 at 12:14 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Talk about a very ungrateful group.

Deleted
    They are clearly overreacting...

I have no idea what you did wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you did nothing wrong.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ajamu/advanced <---- That's my DK right over there.

They kicked you for killing some mobs. "We can't have you killing mobs in dungeons! Before you know it you get experience!"
    No clue what you did wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a HUGE overreaction, especially as nothing went wrong.

While yes I do think you should let roles do what they're there to do ordinarily, you knew what you were doing and they went afk. There should have been no problem.

If they're so hung up about how it would have gone in vanilla why don't they frig off and go play on a private server. Play the game as it is now or you'll always be that irritating wordy shit stain who comes into groups and raids, fails and claims superior status because THAT'S NOT HOW WE DID IT IN MY DAY.

You're in the right, though be damn sure you can handle what happened and keep your head.
    You don't need to loose any sleep over self important douche bags.

But normally just wait for the tank and healer if both are afk. If one goes I usually am okay with a hybrid character launching themselves in to keep the ball rolling, but two is a bit dicey if one of them has no handle on their class.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Granted, this is one side of the story.

From this perspective no, nothing went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Now, I'm a little perplexed at the moment. If you would lend a moment of your time, I'd appreciate your input

Setting the stage:

-LFD group. Monk tank, monk healer, shadow priest (me), hunter, fury warrior. We're all in heirlooms.

Story:

Normal DM, everything is running smoothly, we're all in heirlooms so its just the usual faceroll. Get to Lethtendris and the monks say they have to go afk.

Monks afk at the bottom of the ramp, the rest of us go to the top. We're waiting, not too long, but at least 5minutes before I say. "Hey warrior, go pull, I'll heal you." Warrior says ok. The three of us take them down without issue, no one dies, no one takes barely any damage.

Monks come back and berate me for not waiting for them. I said we were fine, that I healed the warrior so it's not like there was a chance of wiping. They come back with "No, you should learn to play your class."

"if this was vanilla, we would have wiped. If this was vanilla etc etc.." (I know how hard DM was, I've played on and off since beta.)

The warrior leaves group. Then, which is what I'm confused about, the hunter takes their side, agreeing with them. Saying I'm the asshole and I should learn to play.

They vote kick me, and I'm sitting here scratching my head. We didn't wipe, there was no chance of pulling extra since the boss is alone.

Stupid people are stupid, what's the problem? I laugh everytime I leveled an alt and the tank would go, "PLZ LET ME GET THE AGGRO" "HEY, I AM THE TANK!!!!", this is hilarious in all instances, but the vanilla ones are the best, considering you can be barely conscious and do them. It's about as funny as some level 20 saying after a fight, "ANY1 GOT DPS METERS?"

Maybe I just really don't understand, but I'm not sure why anyone cares about anything but leveling through those places and being done with it.

Oh, no you did the right thing, I would've pulled and soloed the thing if I had to, who cares.

I'd have vote kicked the monks as soon as they went afk.

You hit the nail on the head saying people like that are the reason this community is terrible. Also Im pretty sure Lethendris is actually soloable by anyone of high enough level. The only nasty bosses in Dire Maul are the Ogres, Tortheldrin, the Demon Hound and Alzzin

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Stupid people are stupid, what's the problem? I laugh everytime I leveled an alt and the tank would go, "PLZ LET ME GET THE AGGRO" "HEY, I AM THE TANK!!!!", this is hilarious in all instances, but the vanilla ones are the best, considering you can be barely conscious and do them. It's about as funny as some level 20 saying after a fight, "ANY1 GOT DPS METERS?"

Maybe I just really don't understand, but I'm not sure why anyone cares about anything but leveling through those places and being done with it.

Oh, no you did the right thing, I would've pulled and soloed the thing if I had to, who cares.
    As someone that tanks 5 mans from time to time, largely the only situation where I lose threat consistently enough to bitch about it is those damn hunter pets taunting off me. I will say something because my damage as a tank is largely dependent upon being hit. If I'm not taking damage, the run itself will take much longer. It's a lose / lose situation for everyone.

I don't need to tank 5 mans anymore though and only do it when I'm bored for fun, so if there's a hunter I just drop group. 99.9999% chance growl will be on and they won't even know how to turn it off. Not worth wasting energy getting stressed at hunters so I just don't tank for them. When I heal 5 mans, I never heal hunter pets and I hope they die as fast as possible.

Don't obsess over it and move on. Things like this happen... a lot. That said, going AFK for 5+ minutes in a leveling PuG is stupid. I wouldn't blame you in this situation. You don't even need a tank at that level.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post

Setting the stage:

Story:

They vote kick me, and I'm sitting here scratching my head. We didn't wipe, there was no chance of pulling extra since the boss is alone. Now, I'd understand if I was pulling trash from the tank before he pulled while we were clearing, but when the tank is afk, and I can heal AND there's another warrior in the group? You'd think I just wiped a 40man group at 1% on purpose by the way they were acting.

One of the many reasons I am happy I don't play WoW any more.

People sure do cry for the silliest things. The Monk was wrong in the first place and should have simply carried on with the dungeon, not like you two are going to be seeing each other any time soon. And I've 4 manned a lot of the higher dungeons, including heroic content. You were perfectly free to carry on with the dungeon if you could heal. I would always request someone that could tank in my groups to continue tanking if the tank went AFK cause I know how OP healing is at the lower levels and it continues all the way to WTLK. I've even had Rogues tank bosses.

However, what I will say is that you are even sillier and foolish for continuing it and bringing it to the forums to prove something to your self. I mean if that was one of the reasons you got kicked, I've gotten vote kicked for even dumber reasons during my time. So even though you ain't an asshole for pulling you are definitely one for continuing it when you could have simply moved on and queued for another dungeon.

GROW UP!

Keep it civil please, and lay off the massive green text.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-11-20 at 12:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds pretty stupid to me. Classic case of bystanders siding with the belligerent loudmouth, since the guy using the rudest words must be right.

Deleted
    A lot of tanks and healers think their shit smells better than everyone else. They were most likely upset that you were able to do something without them, it threatened their existence and so they kicked up a fuss. The guy that sided with them did it because he didn't want to lose the group (tank and healer leave) or was just a sheep.

I have no idea how people get these notions. I was once berated for taking too much damage while tanking stocks as ret at 19. Healer kept saying I was an idiot for not being prot and that we were only succeeding because he was amazing, and eventually the entire group left after calling me awful.. so I solo'd the place.
    Some people..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    GROW UP!
    Cos writing in big green text to get attention is mature?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    So even though you ain't an asshole for pulling you are definitely one for continuing it when you could have simply moved on and queued for another dungeon.

[SIZE=5][SIZE=6]GROW UP!
    Damn, you're using annoying size/color text for whatever reason...
    And yes the op seems to be young and has not yet lost all hope in other ppl so if something happens it hits him harder. Yet to state "QQ just go on" is the damn arrogant, ignorant and most follish thing you can say to someone. If you start to just accept things you don't fit in any of todays systems. It's dumb. It's foolish. It's false. Cry out when ever you want. Not because you can but because you want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you on this, they are totally overrating. They weren't by chance all in the same guild were they? I have seen some guilds go with 3-4 people in a group and troll the other 1-2 with crap like this.

What upsets me the most about this is their comments about vanilla. Guess what, this isn't vanilla anymore. I am sure that behavior wouldn't fly back then, but it is a different game now and everything went smoothly.

Lets play the game for what it is, not what it was.
    "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

However, what I will say is that you are even sillier and foolish for continuing it and bringing it to the forums to prove something to your self. I mean if that was one of the reasons you got kicked, I've gotten vote kicked for even dumber reasons during my time. So even though you ain't an asshole for pulling you are definitely one for continuing it when you could have simply moved on and queued for another dungeon.

GROW UP!
    Actually, I did move on, I did requeue. Was just curious to hear the opinions of the community, I don't think that's such a travesty?

Thanks for the input all.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8