Deleted

Fire mage needs help - low combustion ticks

Hi
    I am facing an issue of my combustion ticks being too low.
    This is my current gear: LINK-eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/Magisize/advanced
    I am normally using Incanter's Ward in Feng 10 man Normal. I cast it at start, and follow it up with dotting with LB, then casting FB until I get HS. I check that my 2 trinkets and (if possible) Lightweave have procced. Once they do, I use back to back pyroblasts (using the POM/Alter Time combo - I use the macro from the excellent fire mage guide on the forums) while monitoring the estimated combusion tick size using combustion helper. The moment I get an estimated combustion tick> 20k, I use combustion. (We don't use TW at start, rather we keep it for P3). >20K combustions are very rare for me though; normally I have to trigger combustion at around 17-18K (unless the RNG gods are really happy with me for some reason).
    I am reading on the forums that people are getting >25K combustions easily on openers and generally much more. I am not really sure what I am doing wrong and would appreciate some help on this. Here are a couple of logs as well.
    Feng:
    LINK-worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ben99sexvw4kkwea/details/132/?s=7192&e=7661
    Stone Guards:
    LINK-worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-biujv3aa6gumiihl/details/2/?s=698&e=1093

You can see on thelogs that the average combustion tick size is always around 16-19k which makes me think I must be doing something wrong (especially when reading on the forums here about people getting multiples of this number). Even when I use invocation and try on target dummy (albeit without raid buffs, I get 13-14k combustion ticks (as monitored on combustion helper) - this just seems low.

PS Any extra advice on other spells based on my logs would be welcome of course!

Deleted
    I have read the more reliable combustions thread already and was trying to use the method you recommended for getting high combusts on opening i.e.:

Best thing to start a combustion is:

Wait for HU -> IB
    Cast FB for the next HU so that you have HU/HS together.
    Cast another FB an directly follow it up with the HS.
    Usually here the chance for a crit is very high due to HU is up an FB/HS hitting together.
    After that Crit do 2 (max.3) more Pyros and Combust.

I usually combust BEFORE using the AT IF my first pyro crits and my Combustions at the Start are 60k-100k crits nearly everytime.

RULE OF THUMB:

1. Raise the Chance for Pyrocrit by having HU AND HS and by hitting with FB AND HS at the same time.

2. After the first Pyrocrit do 2 (max.3) more and Combust. It doesnt matter if there are Instant Pyros left from PoM/AT.

Unfortnately there doesn't seem to be any change. In fact this is very similar to what I was doing earlier in any case.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmmm strange, for me it works constantly well.

Btw. u shouldn't use Incanters Ward, use Evo. At pull, is there any raiddamge that could give u 30% from incanters? I dont think so. (Feng)

Use Incanters at Garalon and Will Hc but i think in every other fights its weak. But if timed well should'nt be the reason for ur low Ignites.

Additionaly, i dont care about my ignite value at combustion helper or simmilar addons, i only care about Pyrocrits. So if i use combustion, i just now i had some crits. Maybe try to ignore the value, maybe its a bit behind and u're waiting too long.
    Last edited by Abraxis; 2012-11-20 at 09:50 AM.