Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Balance isn't viable spec in Pandaria?

    Title say's it all.

    Moonkin's damage is just too low compared to all other casters.
    We have lowest single target dps from all specs.

    Our aoe damage is laughable.
    In cataclysm our multidoting was probably strongest aoe in game.

    In mop our dots ticks for much lower, and duration was decreased by 6 seconds.
    Also Hurricane and Astral Storm was supposed to be buffed in mop.
    Mushrooms nerfed to the ground, I think only use for them is to preplant under boss before pullfor 20k bonus damage ...

    Compared to other classes aoe we are now on the bottom :/

    Our dps suffers a lot on fights where we have to move a lot, spamming mf/sf is our only damage on movement, and its horrible.

    Well, on some boss fights boomkins are doing fine but only on few.
    Mostly we are doing horrible.

    So whats the point to bring moonkins for raid?
    Innervate, Tranquility, Symbiosis, Stampede roar, Rebirth?

    Those abilities might be useful but they don't compensate our low damage.

    Now question is why blizzard is not fixing this issues. It looks like nothing is going to change with patch 5.1
    They think we will be too powerful in pvp if they buff our dot damage?

    Only explanation that I see is that blizzard is too busy with new content and have no time to fix damage of every spec.

    I think moonkin might be soon one of the least played specs (if it's not already)

    I hope that I'm not the only one that can see those problems...

    Check site raidbots if you want to see moonkin damage compared to other classes ( I cant post link to other sites )

    Anyways I wouldn't recommend anyone playing this spec in mop.

    Un fun

    /Sadmoonkin

  2. #2
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Carolina Country
    Posts
    910
    I gave mine up, even leveling with a friend was painful . Gonna wait to see if we improve with better gear in the next tier. /hopefulmoonkin
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

  3. #3
    Balance is actually in a good spot right now. Our single target is a bit weak but I can't think of many fights 100% single target 2-3 maybe? If played correctly you will compete with Mages/Warlocks on multi target fights quite easily.

    We have possibly the best burst damage in the game. Major utility with Tranq/Symbiosis/HoTW/CC and our heals without cooldowns are nothing to laugh at, Rejuv blanket is quite effective for some heroic fights and I can't count how many times I've saved someone with NS+HT.

    Overall Balance is in a good spot, we could use a ~5% single target buff and other than that we are fine.

  4. #4
    I'm not viable? Huh. I guess i should stop raiding successfully then.

    Seriously, what are you basing this claim on? Reality disagrees with you.

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Post-Apocalyptic America
    Posts
    2,505
    If Boomkins weren't viable, then progression guilds wouldn't use them, and yet I see them in several world first kills. Yeah... definitely not viable.

  6. #6
    Majority of these posts have no standpoint.

    Have you raided enough to base a decent opinion on balance being bad?
    Are you gemmed/enchants/specced properly?
    Is your rotation correct?

    Right now I, personally would deem balance fairly alright, could be better but a competent Balance Druid will shine and show the true capabilities of the spec!

  7. #7
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,984
    Really? Our boomkin absolutely destroys the dps meters on every fight, 200k~+ burst and about 100k~ sustained.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  8. #8
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cuthroat Alley, Stormwind
    Posts
    743
    After watching Paragon's kill video of Heroic Will of the Emperor 10m I wanted to make a moonkin. There are many cool things they can do, probably more than people realize.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

  9. #9
    High Overlord Cafua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Massachusettes
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Majority of these posts have no standpoint.

    Have you raided enough to base a decent opinion on balance being bad?
    Are you gemmed/enchants/specced properly?
    Is your rotation correct?

    Right now I, personally would deem balance fairly alright, could be better but a competent Balance Druid will shine and show the true capabilities of the spec!
    This.
    Come to the forums better prepared before you just start saying "my class is bad plz fix it"

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahri View Post
    Title say's it all.

    Moonkin's damage is just too low compared to all other casters.
    We have lowest single target dps from all specs.

    Our aoe damage is laughable.
    In cataclysm our multidoting was probably strongest aoe in game.

    In mop our dots ticks for much lower, and duration was decreased by 6 seconds.
    Also Hurricane and Astral Storm was supposed to be buffed in mop.
    Mushrooms nerfed to the ground, I think only use for them is to preplant under boss before pullfor 20k bonus damage ...

    Compared to other classes aoe we are now on the bottom :/

    Our dps suffers a lot on fights where we have to move a lot, spamming mf/sf is our only damage on movement, and its horrible.

    Well, on some boss fights boomkins are doing fine but only on few.
    Mostly we are doing horrible.

    So whats the point to bring moonkins for raid?
    Innervate, Tranquility, Symbiosis, Stampede roar, Rebirth?

    Those abilities might be useful but they don't compensate our low damage.

    Now question is why blizzard is not fixing this issues. It looks like nothing is going to change with patch 5.1
    They think we will be too powerful in pvp if they buff our dot damage?

    Only explanation that I see is that blizzard is too busy with new content and have no time to fix damage of every spec.

    I think moonkin might be soon one of the least played specs (if it's not already)

    I hope that I'm not the only one that can see those problems...

    Check site raidbots if you want to see moonkin damage compared to other classes ( I cant post link to other sites )

    Anyways I wouldn't recommend anyone playing this spec in mop.

    Un fun

    /Sadmoonkin
    Bookins is totally viable but in a differnent way , we do major burst dps(200k - 300k) for 30s every 3mins. But a wouldnt mind a 2min c/d instead of a 3 min c/d on incarnation + nv + ca.
    Last edited by Destroman100; 2012-11-20 at 05:26 AM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahri View Post
    Title say's it all.

    Moonkin's damage is just too low compared to all other casters.
    We have lowest single target dps from all specs.

    Our aoe damage is laughable.
    In cataclysm our multidoting was probably strongest aoe in game.

    In mop our dots ticks for much lower, and duration was decreased by 6 seconds.
    Also Hurricane and Astral Storm was supposed to be buffed in mop.
    Mushrooms nerfed to the ground, I think only use for them is to preplant under boss before pullfor 20k bonus damage ...

    Compared to other classes aoe we are now on the bottom :/

    Our dps suffers a lot on fights where we have to move a lot, spamming mf/sf is our only damage on movement, and its horrible.

    Well, on some boss fights boomkins are doing fine but only on few.
    Mostly we are doing horrible.

    So whats the point to bring moonkins for raid?
    Innervate, Tranquility, Symbiosis, Stampede roar, Rebirth?

    Those abilities might be useful but they don't compensate our low damage.

    Now question is why blizzard is not fixing this issues. It looks like nothing is going to change with patch 5.1
    They think we will be too powerful in pvp if they buff our dot damage?

    Only explanation that I see is that blizzard is too busy with new content and have no time to fix damage of every spec.

    I think moonkin might be soon one of the least played specs (if it's not already)

    I hope that I'm not the only one that can see those problems...

    Check site raidbots if you want to see moonkin damage compared to other classes ( I cant post link to other sites )

    Anyways I wouldn't recommend anyone playing this spec in mop.

    Un fun

    /Sadmoonkin

    You should most likely reroll or go hide in a closet cause you know just nothing. Balance is by far in its best state ever. I´ve raided as it since ICC and i´ve never felt more useful then now. Im doing decent dps on singletarget fights and i rock the meters if there is adds in the fight. Besides that i bring loads of other good abilites, specially Tranquilty.

  12. #12
    The only way a spec can be "non-viable" is if the damage is so low that they're holding you back from enrage timers, which is not the case, or if the class has another spec that can fill the same niche and do better dps.

    This is why arcane mage (and very nearly frost) is considered non-viable. Its not that their damage is so bad - in reality it isnt THAT bad.. but arcane and frost bring nothing to the table that fire doesn't already bring.

    Balance druids bring a raid buff that only shadowpriests and ele shamans bring otherwise, so even for that alone you'd see balance being brought to raids

  13. #13
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahri View Post
    Check site raidbots if you want to see moonkin damage compared to other classes ( I cant post link to other sites )

    Anyways I wouldn't recommend anyone playing this spec in mop.

    Un fun

    /Sadmoonkin
    Moonkin is definitely viable spec, hardcore progression guilds are using them. Do not just trust raidbot numbers - if you will play moonkin properly you will do much more then you can see on raidbots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    "you need to understand that my computer and i have a relationship that was here before i met you, and will be here long after we break up. if i could have sex with the CD-rom drive, you would be irrelevant. just so we're clear on this"

  14. #14
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    off the forest
    Posts
    377
    This thread is ridiculous.
    most boss encounters have more more than 1 target, and this makes good boomkins shine.

    We are the best "spread multitarget" class.

    we have useful pushback, rebirth, tranquility.

    balance is 6th overall dps spec in raiding, feral is 13th...
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...default/#7vvvv

    just open your eyes and learn to play the class.

    again, ridiculous thread.
    Last edited by mikoslav; 2012-11-20 at 09:18 AM.

  15. #15
    Balance is very viable right now, if you know how to play it right. However, it is also much more complicated than in the past, so a lot of players that used to do "ok" are struggling now. The good players do a lot dps.

    Personally (being main spec healer) I don't like moonkin as much as I used to, I find it a pain to quest or dps in dungeons (much more fun with my elem shami). However in LFR, my dps is pretty good and it's kinda fun.

  16. #16
    High Overlord Babytaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post
    After watching Paragon's kill video of Heroic Will of the Emperor 10m I wanted to make a moonkin. There are many cool things they can do, probably more than people realize.
    What exactly did the Boomkin do that was "cool?" Multi-dotting and knock backs are pretty normal.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 01:59 AM ----------

    I feel that Boomkin's are pretty decent right now, but I really, really wish we could have Earth and Moon back...

  17. #17
    Dreadlord lappee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    845
    honestly its more of a player problem than a class/spec problem

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    honestly its more of a player problem than a class/spec problem
    Pretty much this

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    Balance is very viable right now, if you know how to play it right. However, it is also much more complicated than in the past, so a lot of players that used to do "ok" are struggling now. The good players do a lot dps.

    Personally (being main spec healer) I don't like moonkin as much as I used to, I find it a pain to quest or dps in dungeons (much more fun with my elem shami). However in LFR, my dps is pretty good and it's kinda fun.
    Exactly this. I am playing os as balance and am at worst 2. or 3. dps on most of the fights. I hate doing solo content with my boomkin, but raiding is really really fun.

    I love doing so much damage on pull with my burst, chaining starfalls, saving people with ns+ht and using hotw + tranquility.(which is probably the best healing cooldown in the game right now.)

  20. #20
    Moonkins are actually one of the better hybrids now, so much fail in the OP.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •