Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by parkerlynne View Post
    I gave mine up, even leveling with a friend was painful . Gonna wait to see if we improve with better gear in the next tier. /hopefulmoonkin
    Try lvling a enhancement shaman. the healer will out dps you anytime. shaman might be alright in lv90 with the elemental blast spell. but below that you just dont enter a bg or a dungeon thinking you can be of use.

Deleted
    I have to say that compared to cata and before it has gotten harder to squeeze out every last drop of dps. Its still pretty earlie in the expansion, people are still learning the slightly renewed more complicated balance druid. If you go to raidbots; tag all parses for the last month. You will see that only hunters score less then the balance druid. That might be abit concearning indeed, especially for hunters :P. Many of us here might be doing okay but as the parses show us, alot more of us are not doing so amazing.

It would be a shame if people stop playing balance druids because they dont get picked for raid spots because of lack of dps or just because they cant get any satisfaction out of it.

Flat buffs are not the solution Im afraid, they might feel forced to simplify the balance rotation / mechanisms if people dont start to catch up.

I went into MoP as a boomkin, but we lost a healer so I went back resto. I'm the flip dps for 2 heal fights tho and even not being min/max'd for dps and not having as much practice as boomkin, I'm far from feeling underpowered. If anything, I'm wishing I'd been able to stick with boomkin so I could maximize it's potential.

Deleted
    Been maining a boomkin for MoP instead of Holy Paladin. Despite what all the raidbots and simcraft tells you, Boomkins are far from underpowered at the moment. Play it right and you'll compete with other casters quite easily.

And I'm not even using Nature's Vigil. HotW all the way.

OP is in some sort of alternate reality.

I've been playing a moonkin since wrath and I wouldn't say so much that they are under powered but just plain not fun. I don't think that the problem lies in our damage but in the way that we deal it. Our sustain damage is abysmally low and if we have to move at all during our cds (which in the majority of the heroic encounters) then you lose out on a ton of damage. I don't think that anyone could argue that this spec needs some work because it is too complicated for the average player to execute in the current heroic encounters. The numbers on raidbots don't lie, there is a huge disparity between normal and heroic and if you look at more than just the top 100 it gets even worse. Just because the top 0.1% of players can manage to pull it off and make it work does not mean that the class does not need to be fixed.

And to the guy who said our dots are top tier, they're the worst of all dot classes and our aoe is actually garbage.

TLDR; Go play a mage or warlock and do real damage, that's the conclusion I've come to cause utility means nothing in 25 mans

Deleted
    How can u say that? srsly what the fuck boomkins are good, im usually topping damage, in my 10 man guild world rank 127. Boomkins are good. nuff said, end of discussion

Moonkin are actually some of the best single target and better caster dps's atm, you sir just don't know how to play or are not giving any effort. Simcraft only works for some classes and is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by shiftze View Post
    How can u say that? srsly what the fuck boomkins are good, im usually topping damage, in my 10 man guild world rank 127. Boomkins are good. nuff said, end of discussion
    Your armory link is broken.
    Manual search brought up some random lvl 90 with greens, can you post a link to your main so i can drool pl0x

I can only speak from a PVP perspective, but if the mobility, damage and livability of a spec is gimped in PVP, chances are it is the same for PVE. At level 86 - I beat a level 90 warlock who tried to gank me in vot4w in 2 out of 3 chances. I thought wow boomkins will be angry monsters at 90, but that is simply not the case. Mushrooms and starfall have been nerfed into the ground. Moonfire hits for the same amount at 90 as it did at 85 which is a complete joke, making moonfire spam not an option. There is no panic button when you are getting trained. I understand the whole concept and intent is for a druid to shapeshift and be on the move, but good luck with that against a warrior with 1,001 stuns and gap closers (Just not happening, if they get the drop on you). The whole idea of starsurge insta procs operating off of moonfire crits makes "zero" sense. It is contradictory to our main stat which is haste.

In fairness, I am starting to notice the occasional Boomkin in a BG at or near the top of the charts. This tells me the spec may scale very well with gear (top tier gear, Malevolent). The bottom line is, if you are a hardcore player, who wants to suffer through sub par showings in bgs and arenas until you're close to full Malevolent. If that is the reality, which is what it appears to be, might as well play Lock, Warrior or Hunter if you have the means to do so.
    Last edited by Luxeley; 2012-11-20 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldrix View Post
    It is contradictory to our main stat which is haste.
    Maybe you should keep up with the times. Main stat is crit again.

From a semi-casual raider point of view (we're 4/6 N), I am 1 or 2 on dps, usually with a pretty decent gap down to the next guy. In cata, I was typically middle of the pack or lower half through all of progression (from normal to full clear heroic).

In going into LFR just barely making the gear cut, I was still in the top 5 dps.

Like any class its rly easy to just say "well my class is broken, need a fix blizz". Ive been playing boomkin since wrath. In Wrath and in Cata I wasent top dps in raids but hybrid class like druids stil brings some abilitys like Tranq, CR and now in Pandaria Stamped. People might think that these abilitys might be usless when you could just bring, lets say a fire mage or warlock and just one shot all bosses. But in many encounters probably more in HC than normal 10man or 25man, you will have very much use of these kind of abilitys if you use them in the right time and spot. My self do have the opinion that hybrids does have a spot when it comes to raiding iven if the dps is lets say 10k lower (ich) than other "pure" dps classes. Just becuse you dont top the dmg meter youre class is not broken. Have some fath people. In the same time playing a "bad" specc (if u look at forums) is WAY more awesome than playing a more or less faceroll class with huge rng dps or just tons of cds. That is ofc if you can master youre class and stil do good enought to kill bosses and complete encounters. But people seem to forget that if you kill a boss its dead. And if its just big numbers you want, reroll it does not take long and you hopfully have some more fun. Fun is a big think to iven play the game.

Sorry for the misspelling and wall of text. Btw it also gets better with gear. I was a bit sad in the start of MoP but it got alot better with gear and proper enchants/gems. Stil might be a bit off with that.. =D

ignorant post is ignorant...

Are moonkins underpowered? No
    Are moonkins competitive on the meter? most definitely
    Are moonkins topping the damage meter? No (Sorry to all of you posting that moonkins are fine because you're topping the meter in your random guild, that just means your other raiders are underperforming or you outgear them by a far margin)
    Could moonkins use a single target dmg buff? Yes

No class is perfect but moonkins are still in a good spot right now. Min/Maxing as a moonkin in MoP has certainly been dumbed down from cata and people still can't get a grasp of it. Honestly at this point if you're one of those people, you may just want to re-roll instead of making silly forum posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    ignorant post is ignorant...

Are moonkins underpowered? No
    Are moonkins competitive on the meter? most definitely
    Are moonkins topping the damage meter? No (Sorry to all of you posting that moonkins are fine because you're topping the meter in your random guild, that just means your other raiders are underperforming or you outgear them by a far margin)
    Could moonkins use a single target dmg buff? Yes

No class is perfect but moonkins are still in a good spot right now. Min/Maxing as a moonkin in MoP has certainly been dumbed down from cata and people still can't get a grasp of it. Honestly at this point if you're one of those people, you may just want to re-roll instead of making silly forum posts.
    Gotta say I agree with this ^ right here

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread has become no longer constructive. If you have a specific issue with a spec and need help, please post to one of the 'help my DPS' threads listed in the main sticky.

Thanks.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre