Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    With any customer support you will run into some that aren't aware of all of the things they can do or should do. Even if they are not able to do something they may not be aware that it can be escalated and sent to somebody that can do it. With the amount of tracking that is done with tickets unless somebody was looking to get fired they aren't going to just flat out lie and blow you or anybody else off. Just like any customer support personal some are willing and happy to go the extra mile for other while others only do exactly what their job title demands of them. If you really think more can and should be done try to reopen the ticket or move up the chain with it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

On the 3rd day of a month with 31 days, when Jupiter is in the fifth house, between cockcrow and dusk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    They really seem to be uninformed and undecided on a bunch of things, much like my work place.
    It's insane.
    Because they're just GMs and people bombard them with technical questions like they're devs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes you get a good GM and they are very helpful and compliant. Sometimes you get one that is ill informed, rude, or egotistical.

For the most part I've been helped... but back in BC when ogrila dailies came out the stupid take control of the fel guard and destroy the portal quest wasn't working and it took a rune that took a few days to get. The quest kept taking the rune but not actually starting the event. When I ticketed a gm about it they informed me that there was no issue with the event and that everything was working as intended. Clearly the error I was experiencing... I had halucinated and everything had gone correctly despite what I had perceived... yeah right. Anyways he asked if there was anything else I needed even though he refused to acknowledge any bug with the event and then closed the ticket before I had a chance to respond. The beautiful thing was then the quiz popped up to give feedback on the gm experience. I'll let you guess what his scores were. :P

The blue post acknowledging the bug came out just a few days later...
    Last edited by welcome2life; 2012-11-20 at 06:38 AM. Reason: some more info

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuitous View Post
    If you haven't become a depressed player-loathing husk after a few weeks then you are a genuine saint.
    Do you call this shooting yourself in the foot?.

This is sometimes the impression I have received when dealing with customer support.
    Like go away stop annoying us.

10+ Year Old Account
    In-Game Moderators are generally pretty useless in my experience, given they tend to be generic tech support people that read off scripts.

"My name is Line. How may I help you? Remember to sound like you care."

One will have much better luck actually calling up and harassing them over the phone. Either that or put in an internet petition, which tend to generally be pretty well handled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

As someone who has worked in Customer Support (I actually was a phone rep for ATT), I can say that sometimes if someone is getting on our nerves or is just being a douche, we can twist the truth to get them off the phone call. Not really lie to them, just not informing them of something they need to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickdiculous View Post
    As someone who has worked in Customer Support (I actually was a phone rep for ATT), I can say that sometimes if someone is getting on our nerves or is just being a douche, we can twist the truth to get them off the phone call. Not really lie to them, just not informing them of something they need to know.
    Given that most customer support people assume I'm an incompetent idiot and ask questions like "Is the computer plugged in?" it's rather difficult to not be a douche.

Demanding to speak with a higher up usually forces them into compliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

most GMs are very incompetent. ill informed and ... well stupid. they are poorly trained and well, not much smarter than a typewriter.

heres an example. my friend had quit wow a while back and decided to start playing again since the scroll of resurrection came into play. he got the invite from me and charged his account, but he didnt get a toon lvled to 80. so he wrote a ticket. the first GM said they can lvl his toon to 80 and will do it asap after verifying some info. a few hours passed by, nothing happened. he writes another ticket. the next GM explains they cant do the scroll of ressurection because he was inactive at the wrong times.. even though the first GM clearly stated when he was inactive and that he is eligible for the scroll. afterwards he wrote a 3rd ticket and is still waiting on a reply from a competent GM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post
    This thread looks like it's going to descend into madness soon.

@OP. You can't. Sometimes they will know, sometimes they won't, they are obligated to give you the best answer they can given their knowledge. Try out what they suggest, if it doesn't work, start from square one.

Personally I seldom open a ticket to request to speak to a GM as they're plenty busy enough without my bs on their plates. More often than not, the answers you seek are readily available on these or other forums. My general rule of thumb in WoW is that if you've got a technical problem, someone else has had it before you and has asked about it, if you've got a complaint, someone more vocal than you already has a 50 page thread on a forum somewhere raging.
    This! And also add, if you have problem with your account. Never never never make a ticket about it. Call them. It's a lot easier. Because sometimes they require you to log in and out of your account. So a lot easier to call them. And they have always (at least the times I have called them) been very professional and nice.

Specially when I transferred one char that my brother used to play to a new account. I called them and asked. And they did it without even billing me for it, didn't receive a ban either for account sharing, as my brother was below 13 during that point.

So, call them if you have account problems.
    "If you are going to do something, including being an alcoholic, don't half-ass it. /Cheers." - Vezrah, 2012

Deleted
    Not all GM's are great, but at the same time people bash GM's like they bash 'Feedback', as in they think because they've asked for something it's going to happen.

Plus if the tickets are written even partly like some of the crap you read on the forums here I'd be inclined to do sod all to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Given that most customer support people assume I'm an incompetent idiot and ask questions like "Is the computer plugged in?" it's rather difficult to not be a douche.

Demanding to speak with a higher up usually forces them into compliance.
    It sucks a lot of the time, but you have to ask those questions, because if that call gets graded, and they didn't ask what the company tells them to ask, they fail. My favorite question was asking people if the battery was in the correct way in the device.

Deleted
    "Did your pet solo Nefarian?" was asked by one gm to a hunter after the boss despawned on death. Classic GM screw up, but overall they're not too bad and they got better and better during the time I played.

They got my stuff and all the guild bank restored after I was hacked in like 4 hours so they're doing more than twidling their thumbs.

edit: I also spent my first 3 years of work doing customer service work and it's an utterly thankless job where for the most part nothing you do will really be enough. And I did it for can't household appliances so I don't want to imagine what it's like to have to deal with the average mmo gamer day in day out.
    Last edited by mmoc53a5d0407d; 2012-11-20 at 12:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    It wasn't an insult. It's reality. When you have a job that doesn't require a skill or education, and you pay accordingly, this is the type of labor you bring in.
    I'm sorry you feel that way...and I'm sorry for the customer service reps who will have to deal with someone who considers them to be poor uneducated idiots not worthy of his/her time.

Quote Originally Posted by casually View Post
    most GMs are very incompetent. ill informed and ... well stupid. they are poorly trained and well, not much smarter than a typewriter.

heres an example. my friend had quit wow a while back and decided to start playing again since the scroll of resurrection came into play. he got the invite from me and charged his account, but he didnt get a toon lvled to 80. so he wrote a ticket. the first GM said they can lvl his toon to 80 and will do it asap after verifying some info. a few hours passed by, nothing happened. he writes another ticket. the next GM explains they cant do the scroll of ressurection because he was inactive at the wrong times.. even though the first GM clearly stated when he was inactive and that he is eligible for the scroll. afterwards he wrote a 3rd ticket and is still waiting on a reply from a competent GM.
    Your first line doesn't say that the GM said that he was eligible. It said that the GM would level him to 80 after verifying some info, which I take to mean whether or not he was eligible. He was not, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    In-Game Moderators are generally pretty useless in my experience, given they tend to be generic tech support people that read off scripts.

"My name is Line. How may I help you? Remember to sound like you care."

One will have much better luck actually calling up and harassing them over the phone. Either that or put in an internet petition, which tend to generally be pretty well handled.
    ^ This.

Simply pick up the phone, and call their Customer Service. Be polite, and simply explain your problem/issue you are having and they will work it out with you.

In my experience, writing "tickets" never gets the job done properly. Take it from someone who has dealt with all kinds of issues, hackers, bans, moving accounts/characters, authenticator issues, etc..

What I do now is, write a ticket that thoroughly explains what is going on. Then, I call them and explain the situation. This way, they have heard it from me directly, and have a copy in front of them as well to refer back too if needed. I have been doing this for the last several times I have needed assistance, and I have had great service from their team ever since.

I had a main account, two trial accounts, and a PTR account. They were able to delete one trial account and the PTR account since I never actually logged in or created characters. Once the characters were made, there was no deleting. So, I sent an email to privacy@blizzard.com and asked for the perma-delete for the accounts and they were removed. Just have to know how to look through their support options and who to mail. I don't trust GMs, I trust the email, and the 800 number.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you are asking an Ingame GM about account questions?
    Seems like asking a car mechanic about a printer issue.

I've had good experiences with them (albeit honestly not a lot of issues have arrived). They are just trying to do their job and they have countless (of which most are probably garbage tickets) of tickets waiting.

After reading some replies, and knowing how some people tend to spell (or like here in the EU not always being well versed in English) I'm sure some tickets take time to decipher or are just not for an ingame GM (like account stuff).

If this makes no sense, sorry, am tired as hell and it's hell at work too.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Also, they are people and often react to how YOU behave. If your ticket is rude and offensive and you are when you talk to them, why should they go that little bit further for you? I have always got things changed for me when they can be changed because my tickets are always polite and I am when I speak to them. I do not brown-nose, just treat them as people who can help not morons or my mummy who has to do something because I WANT it and I want it now. I used to work in CS so I know there are often 2 or 3 possible solutions to a problem, but why would you put yourself out for someone who swears at you or is abusive? At the bottom line, usually they problem they are solving is one you made but even if it is Blizz's, it is not CS's fault (usually) so do not blame or attack them. Old saying but you catch more flies with honey that vinegar.
    I Find this to be true. When I'm raging at something and if I make a ticket being a knob I never get a reply - if I make one where it seems i'm being silly or what have you I get a reply much quicker

Fair enough really, if I was going through tickets of being being knobs I wouldn't answer them either!

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    First of all yes they are human but many of them are liars.
    There is a huge difference between being a liar and being wrong.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I asked for my name to be made available on a server. It was being held by an inactive level 10.

First person said no. Second person did it within about an hour. *shrug*

I guess it depends on how big their workload is. If theyve got a lot of shit to do and theres a petty request, they may just say no.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    GMs know nothing outside of how to deal with in-game issues. They know how to ban hackers, remove corpses, flag renames, etc.

They know nothing of battle.net, merging/unmerging accounts, future plans, or release dates.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)