10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.

Looking to up my monk's DPS without dropping survivability

Yeah. I can take on stuff in MP10 no problem, they just take like forever and a day to kill.
    http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/a...rcanix/1537625
    I'm picking up a 1400-ish DPS Skorn on the cheap, so thats about 250% crit damage right there. I need to work in some attack speed somewhere. Any suggestions? Not looking to buy, but more concerned with what items to look out for. (Ice Climbers, ect)
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

It really depends on what you are aiming to do. If you wish to continue on MP10 then you need to keep such high resistances and armour that any items with defensive and offensive will cost a bucketload.

Personally if you are prepared to give up Skorn I would think dual wielding would be more beneficial.

I one handed weapon with 50% crit and a socket will give you 150% crit damage and the 15% attack speed boost from dual wielding.

Your belt would be a place for and upgrade. and if you are prepared to drop some resists (say drop 150) you could beef up your DPS by large amounts.

Tzo Grin's Graze head with dex and Lightning res will give you crit chance 5+ and attack speed for 500k tops. Would help DPS greatly if you got the crit damage weapons.

Otherwise the Inna's radiance with lighting resist and inna's temperance with lightning resist would give you a boost in attack speed, crit damage and movement speed. and a 130 dex set bonus but will cost 10-15 mill for a decent one of each.

Max out resists on your belt and torso for the time being as there is so much good stuff on rings/ammy's that having to pay for resists on those costs a fortune and you could get att speed crit chance or crit damage on a couple of those pieces.

Just some thoughts

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    While DW may give more raw damage output, my budget can't field shelling 300m+ for a half decent 1h with a socket. Hence the Skorn.
    While it may seem like I have millions of gold, all of my gear has been gotten with the proceeds of a single Set piece I got roughly 4 mos ago.
    I wouldn't be above taking charitable donations, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Does your scorn have life steal?
    If not its really slow attack speed might give you issues keeping your life up with only life on hit.

You can get a 900 DPS weapon with dex and crit damage with a socket very very cheap. I don't do 2 handers so not quite sure how your current 1 Hander with a 900 DPS 1 hander would compare to a 1400 DPS Skorn.

Either way I was thinking how you could not lose survivability and to me to not use survivability would be to dual wield and get the attack speed boost and hence more attacks and more life on hit.

Your call though because you can play around with different options on your character and see what works.

Picking up a skorn will be an improvement but your lack of crit chance will bottleneck the main reason your buying it, you're probably better off getting 2 800-900 dps onehanders with a socket and life steal and investing the rest in other gear. Will be really expensive trying to up your damage and keeping those resistances tho.

Edit: kudos to you for doing mp10 with 27k damage, I'm complaining when stuff doesn't die quick enough on mp2 with 160k dps already.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 08:19 AM ----------

Just out of curiosity, why exactly are you farming MP10?, even if you're doing keyruns with your gear you're better off doing mp3-5, health scales so quickly after MP3 it would be just as efficient and you'll be killing stuff 2-3 times faster. Otherwise there's really no reason to ever do MP10 other than the challenge.

Onto your gear,try dropping one resistance on every piece of gear, no need to drop it entirely. stuff like your gloves, head, amulet and rings can contribute a lot of dps if you search for stuff with either all res or just lightning res and get average damage/as/crit chance on them.
    Last edited by Faesroll; 2012-11-21 at 05:56 AM.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Your resists are too high and your armor is way too low.