Thread: Authenticator

  1. #1

    Authenticator

    So apparently I never took the authenticator off my account when I stopped playing at the beginning of this year. That authenticator was on my old phone which I don't have anymore though. Any easy way to go about this or do I just send them an e-mail explaining the situation and hope for the best?

  2. #2
    I would definitely call Customer Server or their support line. Emails always seemed to take too long for me.

  3. #3
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I would definitely call Customer Server or their support line. Emails always seemed to take too long for me.
    Yeah definately call, dont email and make sure you know your secret question answer and have some photo I.D. on hand

  4. #4

  5. #5
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    'Merica!
    Posts
    154
    Same issue and I'm still on hold with Customer Service, after an hour long wait....

  6. #6
    High Overlord Alwayshealing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    108
    I had to send a copy of my Photo ID by email. GL

  7. #7
    Stood in the Fire Knails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    449
    I've had this problem twice. I used the customer support contact feature to open a ticket. Sent them my real name, Email attached to my battle net account, and my photo ID to unactivate the authenticator - they responded back within 12 mins and I was done.

    I readded a new token and 'm good to go. Also, this was only a week ago when I got my new phone.
    Final Fantasy XIV Ultros Server: https://www.facebook.com/FFXIVARRUltros

  8. #8
    Pit Lord Asmodias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    2,292
    Ha! I did this too. I had to service swap my phone and never wrote down the information for the mobile authenticator. I called in, it took something like 30 minutes for them to verify who I was and that I did actually own the account, and they removed the authenticator. I wish you luck man. EA Customer support can be a pain, but in the end, they usually come through.


    Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

  9. #9
    Stood in the Fire Knails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    449
    Here's a picture. Check the timestamps. http://i.imgur.com/4EMW4.jpg
    Final Fantasy XIV Ultros Server: https://www.facebook.com/FFXIVARRUltros

  10. #10
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    I've had this problem twice. I used the customer support contact feature to open a ticket. Sent them my real name, Email attached to my battle net account, and my photo ID to unactivate the authenticator - they responded back within 12 mins and I was done.

    I readded a new token and 'm good to go. Also, this was only a week ago when I got my new phone.
    That's awesome...except this is the SWTOR forum so I don't think talking to them about a Battle.net account is going to help.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Astounded View Post
    Same issue and I'm still on hold with Customer Service, after an hour long wait....
    Jesus your phone bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    Yeah definately call, dont email and make sure you know your secret question answer and have some photo I.D. on hand
    This and your card if you were using one, that you paid for the account with

  12. #12
    This is a SWTOR thread, not WoW.

    I'm sure Blizzard's customer service is light years beyond EA's.

  13. #13
    Stood in the Fire Knails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    That's awesome...except this is the SWTOR forum so I don't think talking to them about a Battle.net account is going to help.
    Wow, I really messed that up. My apologies. Haha
    Final Fantasy XIV Ultros Server: https://www.facebook.com/FFXIVARRUltros

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •