Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why do people bot?

Why..?

This is something that's been puzzling me lately; why do people use bots in battlegrounds? What do they gain from it?

Something else that troubles me is that I've seen Arena Masters, Hero of the Alliance/Horde and Grand Marshals/Warlords botting. What possible reason could they have for doing it?
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-11-20 at 03:55 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am also curious to hear the responce's to all these questions

i like to bot in BGS when i hit max level because it isnt fun getting 1 shot vs full pvp geared players. then i play manually with good gear because its a lot more fun and you have a chance at more balanced gameplay
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

sleeping while their character honor farms for them?

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 02:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    balanced gameplay
    lol @ balanced gameplay

jk frostbomb

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    i like to bot in BGS when i hit max level because it isnt fun getting 1 shot vs full pvp geared players. then i play manually with good gear because its a lot more fun and you have a chance at more balanced gameplay
    Just out of curiosity how do you feel about other bots once you have geared up?

Lazy cheats who think they get away with it. Likely to do the same irl if they think they can get away with it. The sort who think it's clever to cheat and when they are caught and punished squeals the loudest because 'it isn't fair' when they would not know fair if it came up and slapped them across their fat faces.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    to grind them HKs...also i like being on illidan see some one with a lifebinders hand maiden botting herbs whisper them "Good thing were on illidan and the lifebinders hand maiden doesnt mean anything here so you wont be too mad when youre ban" 4 hours later i get a response....GG retard why did you respond at all lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

If I botted, I'd do it purely to avoid the initial gearing.

I don't bot though, as I hate the act of botting and report any I do notice. I can understand why it's done, but it's a blight and it needs sorting out.

But the majority of people I see botting tend to have full PVP gear, some of them even have full conquest gear and as I mentioned, top PVP ranks/titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbrew View Post
    Just out of curiosity how do you feel about other bots once you have geared up?
    it sucks but youre not going to fix the problem by being the only one to not bot

i know of glads to have botted bgs just for hks to reach the 250,000 hk achievement.

now we shouldn't laugh at them.

we should laugh at blizzard that gladiators feel confident in botting battlegrounds so much they dont even feel like their account is at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Lazy cheats who think they get away with it.
    What is sad, is that i know a few people who bot, and they have done it for 4+ years.... 0 bans, a couple suspensions though but not for botting... screams to me that blizz just doesn't have a real way to find bots besides player reports so we should just keep reporting and hope something happens.

I only do arena. So I bot my toons from 85-90, and then to full honor gear. I've also done it since wotlk, every season.

I dont like playing pre max level, and I dont like doing bgs with complete retards. When I'm full geared I don't do bg's that often, but when I do it's because I just want to slay kids not worried about the outcome of the game. Wouldn't care if i was in a game with 9 other bots.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    What is sad, is that i know a few people who bot, and they have done it for 4+ years.... 0 bans, a couple suspensions though but not for botting... screams to me that blizz just doesn't have a real way to find bots besides player reports so we should just keep reporting and hope something happens.
    there haven't been any account actions in a few years on the public bot i use which is very popular as you can see in BGS. Blizzard has virtually no hope in stopping them with code or detection which is why theyre going after the creators with court cases and reducing the ability to use RAF for game time

10+ Year Old Account
    It's largely because of honor.

They use bots to collect honor, then use the honor to get PvP gear to then later do RBGs/Arenas. They get honor and then change it into JP to get PvE gear, and they get honor and trade it in for items you can buy at that honor vendor.

Basically, honor allows them to take shortcuts with other parts of the game. Even if it is super time in-efficient, they aren't actually putting in the time so they don't care.

Back in Cata, I knew of a guy who used to BG Bot overnight while he was asleep, and then just trade the honor for Maelstrom Crystals and sell them on the AH. Super in-efficient for making gold, but he would get 500-1000 gold every night from it, which starts to really add up over time.
    Last edited by tennesseej; 2012-11-20 at 04:31 AM.
    "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

Deleted
    Because they can. If game allows botting people will bot. Only game makers can prevent people from doing it.
    It's inconvenient to farm stuff so ppl use bots because they can.

Why spend hours farming honor when you can just bot?

It's pretty obvious why people bot.

But then because so many bot now, if you bot to get gear, there's no where to use it, because all the bgs are full of other bots, making the entire system pointless.

I wish Blizz would do something about this, BGs have fast become botland

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just a bad habit when Game shark and pro action replay got invented. Games including cheats then everyone just got lazy people buying 65$ games and start cheating/Hacking right away to beat the game fast which is a waste of money. Pretty much is why people bot being lazy

10+ Year Old Account
    I asked one of guild members why he is using bots, he answered "i need mats". Then i reported him. After 2 or three days, he went offline, and haven't logged in for 4 days -.-
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.