Any way to disable mouselook acceleration or lower speed below 0%?

The mouselook is absolutely awful. I currently have it's speed set to 0% in the options and it's still far too fast. I think the main issue is due to it's apparently built in acceleration (ie the faster you move your mouse, the faster the mouselook is). Are there any .ini tweaks or anything that can fix this?

Also, before people suggest otherwise, no it's not my mouse - I use a g400 @ 1800dpi which is one of the few mice on the market with a very solid sensor. My windows sensitivity is set to default, aka the middle notch (and, no, changing this is not an option as you should never touch the windows sensitivity as it messes with your accuracy). Sure I can lower my mouse's dpi, but then I have to deal with super slow cursor movement - I'm just concerned with the mouselook. Lastly, I have no issues with any other game/mmo as they don't have horrible mouselook mechanics.

Agree ... I have it on 1% and I can't imagine anybody running at 100%.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Agree ... I have it on 1% and I can't imagine anybody running at 100%.
    I don't understand why the difference is soooo big between 0 and 100. Even something like 10 is something no human could play with.

Deleted
    Thought it was only me having this problem.So why aren't they fixing this yet then? Isn't it obvious to their testers that the speed the camera moves is too fast? Weird.

Mouselook Adjustment: 500 Cartel Coins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbaldric View Post
    Mouselook Adjustment: 500 Cartel Coins
    shh, don't give them any ideas... it's already way past bad enough that we need to pay just to get back base functionality we lose when going F2P.

Game is f2p. Unlocking keyboard 500 cartel point. Unlocking mouse 500 cartel points. Unlocking monitor 500 cartel points.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Have you got some external acceleration on? Or does your mouse have different settings, never noticed an issue before.

If you've also noticed, your camera "look" speed is different from your character "turn" speed and jumping slows your character turn speed.

I also have mine set to 0% and I feel it's still a bit too fast. 5% is nearly impossible to control, so I have no idea why it goes to 100%.

Mouse acceleration is disabled in both my Razer settings and Windows settings, so I think you may be right in that the game has an internal accelerator. Or it could just be their amazing engine.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please ignore the usual people telling you that you are imagining your problems and they have never heard of them.

I admit that it is a little fast. I've heard lots of other people say the same. Just something you have to get used to unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    Have you got some external acceleration on? Or does your mouse have different settings, never noticed an issue before.
    Just checked in game and mine is at 6%, not too fast, not too slow. Must be a mouse setting, some mouses you can change on the fly with a button, try playing with that

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    (and, no, changing this is not an option as you should never touch the windows sensitivity as it messes with your accuracy).
    "Never?" Are you trying to say there is an issue/error with adjusting the windows mouse sensitivity setting? Or that, for you, adjusting this setting to something you are not use to, can take some time to adjust your motor control, reflexes, ect to match the new sensitivity?

I play with my windows sensitivity turned up with no problems with accuracy.
    Last edited by openair; 2012-11-24 at 09:22 PM.