Wireless Xbox 360 Controller and PC

I had a Wireless receiver back in the day to use the wireless controller that came with my 360 as a PC gamepad as well, but somewhere alone the line over the years the USB connector became damaged, so I tossed it. My 360 also red-ringed a couple years back and I haven't cared enough to get a replacement. But I've been playing some PC games recently that would feel a hell of a lot better on a gamepad, so I stopped by Best Buy on the way home from work the other day and picked up a new Wireless 360 controller with the Charge and Play kit pre-packaged with it. I forgot that this little device only lets you charge the controller when plugged into a PC, so I started looking for another wireless receiver.

Strangely enough, the appear not to be manufactured anymore, which I find fairly bizarre considering it is a pretty popular gamepad. The only ones that I seem to be able to find are refurbished and third party versions from companies I've never heard of. I was going to go ahead and order one of these, but every so often, I come across someone saying "just remove the battery pack and the charge and play kit will work like a wired controller."

I've tried to no avail. Is this complete bullshit and I have to resort to shady third party accessories, or is there something I'm grossly missing? My preference would be NOT to spend more money if I don't have to. =/

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

http://www.buy.com/prod/new-pc-wirel...224364763.html

There's a bunch from other sellers there as well. Really though, nothing about third party receivers is shady. It's just a wireless receiver, nothing special. It either works or it doesn't.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    http://www.buy.com/prod/new-pc-wirel...224364763.html

There's a bunch from other sellers there as well. Really though, nothing about third party receivers is shady. It's just a wireless receiver, nothing special. It either works or it doesn't.
    Pretty much this.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."