Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I was able to get 6 cargo unlocks for 100K each.

Since my toons already had the original 3 open, it could cost over a million credits each to open 4 and 5 cargo bays on each toon.

I opened them on 3 toons for 600K total.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcorn1992 View Post
    Maybe I don't understand what you're talking about, but isn't the f2p limit 200k?
    Yes. 200k for free, 350k for preferred.

EDIT: I clearly need to reroll and suffer trans-atlantic latency if you guys are getting stuff this cheap on your GTNs. I haven't seen anything under 350k on Red Eclipse all day (and I've hardly seen anything on Progenitor).
    Last edited by mmoca888c86432; 2012-11-20 at 06:42 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well I could understand putting it at 1 million for example, in your #2 scenario. But 40 million? Come on now.
    People do this in WoW too in the hopes that there is one gullible soul ready to trade their vast fortune's away at the drop of a hat. That or they were trying to type 4000000 and typed 40000000. Probably didn't notice it either. It would be better if the GTN interface put commas in the numbers as you typed them.

"Wah I can't buy in game unlocks with in game currency"....pretty sure I heard this complaint a few times from people that didn't think through the whole reselling on GTN. Good to hear that you're able to play the way you want to play, and that the currency limit is making it so those prices can't ever exceed 350k. You see Bioware actually do know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    "Wah I can't buy in game unlocks with in game currency"....pretty sure I heard this complaint a few times from people
    To be fair, it's not like it was in any of the Q&As or interviews or the main page. It was only confirmed a few days ago, pretty much when f2p launched.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    350k is a few days of dailies tho, it aint much, so im happy that F2P can farm a couple weeks of dailies to buy must have unlocks. Quite cool.

Deleted
    It's worth pointing out that in order to run those reasonably lucrative dailies, you'll need to grind to 50 first. Without those must-have unlocks. And if you've done that... they obviously can't have been that 'must have' in the first place!

Quote Originally Posted by ElDee View Post
    It's worth pointing out that in order to run those reasonably lucrative dailies, you'll need to grind to 50 first. Without those must-have unlocks. And if you've done that... they obviously can't have been that 'must have' in the first place!
    Which unlocks do you "need" to hit 50?

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    To be fair, it's not like it was in any of the Q&As or interviews or the main page. It was only confirmed a few days ago, pretty much when f2p launched.
    They always said you could sell stuff on the GTN and it was clear that having the caps would prevent things costing too much. Credit limits in this case are a very good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    They always said you could sell stuff on the GTN and it was clear that having the caps would prevent things costing too much. Credit limits in this case are a very good thing.
    This is just turning a blind eye to poor communication.

They never stated unlocks were actual items that would be able to be sold. They said any 'items' you get from the Cartel Market could be sold. Just the fact that most of the people on this board had no idea until it went live is proof that it wasn't communicated. I mean for heaven's sake, Hk and I alone could rant for hours about patch notes from dissecting them so much and we didn't even have a glimmer of this possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I mean for heaven's sake, Hk and I alone could rant for hours about patch notes from dissecting them so much and we didn't even have a glimmer of this possibility.
    Also, if it was so obvious, why didn't you point it out when we were talking about it Jalek? You could have just said "you can obtain them in game through the GTN." and we could have moved on to talking about how they should be selling character slots, hm/nmm operation access, and ranked wz access to make more money.

Deleted
    I spent over 12 hrs testing on the PST this last month and I never heard nor saw the unlocks until 1.5 went live. Had I done so I would have chimed in and saved a lot of people varying degrees of headache.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    I spent over 12 hrs testing on the PST this last month and I never heard nor saw the unlocks until 1.5 went live. Had I done so I would have chimed in and saved a lot of people varying degrees of headache.
    You could have prevented Kitty rants for like 2 weeks. It's almost worth making a Time Machine just to go back and change. I can't have those words and anger and time back. Damn you Jamos!

Deleted
    Not bothered looking at the GTN since my return, as for the community everyone I've met so far has been pretty friendly. I've seen a fair few people helping out new players and very little angry comments.

I wonder if a limit of 350k for cartel unlocks would save some people from wasting their time lol.

Personally I find it stupid that money you gain when going over the cap is accessible until you sub....being forced to spend credits on useless stuff hurts me almost as much as the reduced XP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Personally I find it stupid that money you gain when going over the cap is accessible until you sub....being forced to spend credits on useless stuff hurts me almost as much as the reduced XP
    Unfortunately these restrictions are a direct result of trying to prevent gold sellers/botters/hackers. The preferred cap could be a little higher, but yeah.

I just wish people would sell some more/different stuff on my server. Only unlock that is regularily on sale is the one for additional cargo bays. Bought a few of those at 200k which is a steal, but still no authorisations, no other unlocks.

I think regardless of whether its to push people into subscriptions or prevent gold sellers the effect of the cap is that it deflates the credit to cartel coin ratio and suppresses prices of unlocks in favor of f2p.

As I've talked about in other threads, if EAs goal is to "force" players to subscribe they have set up a system that pushes people away from the subscription model. By this I mean, the amount of effort and or money that goes into making your f2p account viable is nullified when you transition into a subscription creating a reluctance to subscribe.

And although it takes time to do it, f2p is a very viable model from the players perspective, assuming you are preferred, if the player understands the GTN and the model itself.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Two artifact authorizations for 350k each. (normally, 1200 cartel coins)
    The system works. The free market has spoken.
    You can play f2p without spending a dime. Or a nickle.
    well that seem very stupid I guess Doing all dailies in a day you can make anywhere from 250k to 300k credits...while 1200 cartel coins are 2,5 months subscription worth..the deal were too good for you and if that is the prices I will seriously think about to no subscribe next month and buy all the unlocks!
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    well that seem very stupid I guess Doing all dailies in a day you can make anywhere from 250k to 300k credits...while 1200 cartel coins are 2,5 months subscription worth..the deal were too good for you and if that is the prices I will seriously think about to no subscribe next month and buy all the unlocks!
    Yeah. Legacy unlocks on my server cost twice as much and are half as much CC. I think they're the best CC:credit deal.