Deleted

How much dps should I be doing?

Hi, I realise this might be a bit abstract but bear with me.

I am usually playing Protection in PvE and Arms in PvP. However, my guild is struggling to find decent dps so I am seeing if it's viable for me to go Arms. I was hitting the raider's dummy up at the shrine of two moons and hitting roughly 40k dps. I realise this is without all the raid buffs/food/flasks etc, but it feels so weak.

My character is here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/Aelen/simple

Don't mind the reforging/gemming too much (am over hit cap for example), I was trying out Fury yesterday but that was a staggering 10k lower dps than what I was doing as Arms, however I forgot to reforge/gem/enchant back to what I had. If you want to see how my gear usually looks, you can check this out and hit the "Optimize!" button:

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/e...e_cartel/aelen

Again, I know this is just a raid dummy and maybe I'm being paranoid. but it just feels a little low.. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps. What would really help us out is if you post in the Fix my DPS sticky with a LFR log so we can analyze your rotation w/ cooldowns and full raid buffs.

Of course we can just sim your character, but the sim is not how you yourself execute your rotation. With that evidence, we can help you GET to what you should be doing, knocking out two birds with one stone I hope.
    Last edited by Roseby; 2012-11-20 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roseby View Post
    Perhaps. What would really help us out is if you post in the Fix my DPS sticky with a LFR log so we can analyze your rotation w/ cooldowns and full raid buffs.

Of course we can just sim your character, but the sim is not how you yourself execute your rotation. With that evidence, we can help you improve to what you could/should be doing.
    Yes, this.

While I do agree that logs would be helpful, your ilvl is only 464. With that being said, doing 40K+ without buffs on the raider dummy seems pretty good if you were hitting it for at least 5 minutes or so. Your DPS will go up greatly with some gear.

Deleted
    Yeah, was just fishing for some small tips before next week's LFR hehe. Usually I've always been tanking those, but the coming week I can DPS and hopefully record some logs.

I've never actually used SimCraft myself, only askmrrobot.com. I guess now is as good a time as any to start doing that.

Thanks so far!

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 04:30 PM ----------

Yeah, the annoying thing about hitting a dummy is that you lack all buffs plus, probably more importantly, no execute phase...

Having roughly the same gear as you, with the expection of the weapon, i have normal Starcaller, i pull around 60k on dummys.

It must be a rotation issue imo.

Deleted
    Which dummies are you hitting? The boss level dummies? Weapons do matter a lot to warriors usually, sadly I don't have access to better weapons currently.

I must admit the 40k was with fairly poor cooldown management since I was kinda tired at the time, haha. I will try again tonight while managing by cooldowns better.

Are there cooldowns you usually pop together? I usually do Blood Fury + Trinket, and Avatar/Skull Banner/Reck. At the start of the right I usually pop all of those together. I also have to get much better at using Deadly Calm. Do you usually use that when around 80 rage or so?

he's got 12 ilvs higher than you and has the 489 weapon so I wouldn't call that roughly the same gear. Once you get your weapon upgrade, your dps will shoot up.