View Poll Results: How much longer for the human species?

Voters
387. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never. We will eventually send our species to reproduce to other habital planets.

125 32.30%
  • At least a billion years

14 3.62%
  • millions of years

61 15.76%
  • 1000 years give or take

63 16.28%
  • Several hundred years

47 12.14%
  • less than a 100 years

18 4.65%
  • in a few decades

16 4.13%
  • December, 21 2012

43 11.11%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    See my above post concerning the collision between the Milky Way and the Andromeda galaxies.

Personally, I believe that if we survive the 1.4 billion years for our sun to die, we'll likely have already left the solar system or figured something else out to divert our extinction. So, we'll either go extinct way before our sun die, or much much much after.
    See my edited quote
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Vampiric Embrace now calls upon a glittery vampire to hold you and tell you he will always protect you, Bella.

Never going extinct is not an option. Everything does.

At the rate we're going, there's a very decent chance it will be sooner rather than later.

Still, our technology - bound to kill our species - might make some survive for a few hundred years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    See my edited quote
    Ah, well that's fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    I blame Decagon.

Tomorrow...
    It's LeviOsa, not LeviosAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    the only question remains. how and when?
    That's precisely what the OP was asking ...
    OT: If we don't blow ourselves up soon because of some stupid war we might be here for quite some time. IMO there are too many things to consider here when answering the question.

Pretty sure we'll do irreparable damage to the planet before we develop the technology needed to terraform/travel to other habitable planets. I give us around 100 years, probably a lot less at the rate we are going.

We will end when I say we do.
    90 Draenei Shaman -- Praey / Burning Legion
    90 Human Death Knight -- Thaiyn / Burning Legion
    Million alts.

Quote Originally Posted by DVan View Post
    Still, our technology - bound to kill our species - might make some survive for a few hundred years to come.
    Strange, because if I look at things, people generally survive longer in countries with more technology. And it's that exact technology that is developing incredibly fast. Technology won't kill us. We won't nuke ourselves to damnation. if anything, we won't be gone before our own sun kills us, though I reckon that chance is pretty low anyway. If it's not for some major cosmic disaster we can't do shit about, then we'll die a long time before the so called Big Freeze happens. So I'm guessing several millions of years is a good number to start with.