Interrupt rotation addon

Anyone know of any working interrupt rotation announce mods?

This would actually be pretty fun to code, like timer bars for everyone within range showing time till their interrupt cooldown is ready? I can't imagine it would be very difficult based on what I've written in the past.

15+ Year Old Account
    We just call dibs over Mumble for Spirit Kings . An actually-configurable thing for this would be cool, and it seems like it wouldn't need to be installed on more than one person, too.

If I were writing it, I'd probably have it depend on multiple people having it. Or maybe do the best it can without multiple people having it, but do better when multiple people do.

The biggest reason is that your computer always knows when you cast an interrupt and what it does to the interrupt cooldown time. Let's say you're in a BG half-way across the map and you kick something, then die, then spirit rez 2 seconds later. Your kick is on cooldown, but my combat log doesn't know that your kick is still on cooldown.

Yeah, it's a rare exception, but it happens. I don't know what raiding is like this tier, but can you always read 100% of other people's actions from your own combat log, or do different phasing planes interfere?

Also, if you don't report your own status to the group running the addon, then you have to build in another feature for passing data around anyway - I don't think an addon can tell if a rogue has kick glyphed, which affects kick's cooldown. Maybe they've changed that, I haven't followed the API much this xpac. Even if they do, it's yet another thing for the addon to have to manage - keeping track of everyone's glyphs.

The other reason I'd want to have each person have it is that parsing the combat log can impact your game more than many other addon-related processes.

What you could do is use the addon "I Interrupted That" - it has an option to announce who interrupts what spell when they do it in raid chat/say/party. It's not gonna tell you who's next up on interrupting, but maybe that's one thing you could keep in mind yourself.

Addon link: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/iinterruptedthat/

I don't see why reviving in a Battleground would affect the combat log regarding Kick. I don't know exactly how much addons are capable of, but I thought they can certainly do anything a human player can do? A human can look at the combat log and see, "Senka casts Kick." That tells the human that Senka can't use Kick for 15 seconds. The human can also see the message, "Senka's Kick interrupted Fireball," and know that because Senka is using the Kick glyph, Kick will be available in 13 seconds. If a human can do these things, why not an addon? I'm sure an addon can track what glyphs are equipped.

Anyway, that was something of a tangent. Yeah, just use I Interrupted That and hope your interrupters can pay attention. This all seems very similar to the days of Blackwing Lair and Hunters having to use Tranquilizing Shot rotations.
    Last edited by Senka; 2012-11-24 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Senka View Post
    I don't see why reviving in a Battleground would affect the combat log regarding Kick. I don't know exactly how much addons are capable of, but I thought they can certainly do anything a human player can do? A human can look at the combat log and see, "Senka casts Kick." That tells the human that Senka can't use Kick for 15 seconds. The human can also see the message, "Senka's Kick interrupted Fireball," and know that because Senka is using the Kick glyph, Kick will be available in 13 seconds. If a human can do these things, why not an addon? I'm sure an addon can track what glyphs are equipped.

Anyway, that was something of a tangent. Yeah, just use I Interrupted That and hope your interrupters can pay attention. This all seems very similar to the days of Blackwing Lair and Hunters having to use Tranquilizing Shot rotations.
    Iphone so terse respone - bg example - combat logs have a range. If toure across the map, use kick, die, then rez, you may be right next to me when you rez but since my combat log couldnt record your kick, i dont know that its on cooldown. Glyphs - you can read your own, but not other peoples. I was just saying this is a reason why you couldnt have a single person with the addon do the work for everyone.

You could use UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEEDED events, which don't have a range limitation as far as I know. The main use for the addon would be for PVE bosses, so the combat log events could still work if the person running the addon doesn't release if he dies. You can get group member's glyph data using the inspect API. It should be possible to have only one person use the addon.

Oh, that's pretty neat. Thanks for the info :-)

Best addon for this is vocal chords, sadly you need to have installed one of the many VOIP addons too and everyone else should get it too. It really helps.