10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...

Need for speed Most wanted.. My Opinion on the game

My review of Need for Speed most wanted(360 version)....

Postives Very Pretty
    Has a burnout paradise feel
    Soundtrack is pretty cool

Negatives No story
    No customisation ie body kits paint, decals etc...
    Campaign is extremely short
    Way too many cops
    Chases are ridiculous to end unless you get lucky
    Is more Burnout than need for speed (feels like paradise with cops in)
    No cooldown locations for chases
    Lack of range of cars

Marks out of 10....
    Graphics 9.0 (Have seen better in Forza Horizon)
    Sound 9.5 (great sound range, even grinding against cars/metals sounds cool)
    Gameplay 4.5 (it's Burnout,not need for speed, cop chases are way too annoying)

Overall 5.0
    I've marked it this low as it really is about the gameplay for me... its not a NFS title at all.. and EA should seriously be looking at Undergound / the original most wanted and Carbon for what a real Need for speed game should be. Don;t get me wrong. I like Burnout, but this is literally burnout with cops thrown in and it simply doesn't work. Shame I wasted so much money on it, it's going to be traded in tomorow. The first game since Skyrim I've traded so quickly. Next time EA Get it right, give us the mod scene from Underground 2 with the feel of the original most wanted / carbon and a soundtrack as good as burnout revenge.

What do you guys think? I hope they take a step back and actually give us a decent need for speed next time, the last true need for speed for me was Carbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally i think NFS either doesn't know which direction to turn or it just wants to be everything.

I really feel they should have continued with the direction they were headed. Underground 1 & 2 and then Carbon were headed in a direction i really liked. Tuning was getting more detailed. Modding in Carbon was the best in any game i've played. Having wire frame body kits that you could mold any way you like was the apex of Car Modding.

Combine Forza 4's physics and tuning with NFS Carbons body modding and OMG!

But i think your review was quite accurate. Only thing see differently is "No Story" Not that i feel there was one, but more so that you don't need one. I really did enjoy the story bits in NFS UG 1 & 2, but it wasn't necessary. So i can't see it as a negative since i really don't care if there is one or not. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Personally i think NFS either doesn't know which direction to turn or it just wants to be everything.

I really feel they should have continued with the direction they were headed. Underground 1 & 2 and then Carbon were headed in a direction i really liked. Tuning was getting more detailed. Modding in Carbon was the best in any game i've played. Having wire frame body kits that you could mold any way you like was the apex of Car Modding.

Combine Forza 4's physics and tuning with NFS Carbons body modding and OMG!

But i think your review was quite accurate. Only thing see differently is "No Story" Not that i feel there was one, but more so that you don't need one. I really did enjoy the story bits in NFS UG 1 & 2, but it wasn't necessary. So i can't see it as a negative since i really don't care if there is one or not. lol
    For me the story used to be brilliant, the fact that it flowed from UG1, to 2 to Most wanted (original) then pretty much finished with Carbon was great. But having nothing but race, race, race in a series that used to be so much more is a dissapointment

If one enjoyed Need for speed Underground 2 (Pretty old game by now, but I still find it great), and might want a similar racing game to that, what would be a good suggestion?

Anywho, thanks for that review OP :> did hear about the title some time ago.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO