Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd be slightly surprised I suppose to hear a female wanting to speak on vent. Then depending on the tone and such I'd maybe judge personality and potential skills. But I wouldn't care otherwise and just proceed like normal.

I smile. Why? Because (normally) I prefer to hear a female voice instead of male. So, I smile and hope she is fairly talkative so I can hear. Unless she has an annoying as fuck voice, then I frown and hope she keeps her mouth shut. It's the same with male voices for that second part. It's why I usually keep quiet, because I have heard my voice. And it has put me to sleep before, and don't want to induce sleep in someone else.

This is still a thing?

My expectations of her would be the same as any other pugger I run with. As long as everyone does their job and the bosses die I'm happy. Failing this as long as they're performing well I don't have an issue with them.

Honestly - when I hear a girl on vent, I think "cool, nice to have more than just a sausage fest on vent".

I make no judgements on abilities, role she plays doesn't matter, etc... Not sure why being female would influence people's perception from those aspects.

10+ Year Old Account
    nothing at all really

i prefer being with a girl in person than over vent

So there was this female coworker at my job today and she started talking, I was like: WUT IS DIS?

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    As for me I'll be totally honest --- whenever I hear someone's female I'm gonna get annoyed. I don't like female voices, and my experiences with most girls is really bad. Sure, there's been exceptions!

To make matters worse, I'm a girl myself, which makes me a hypocrite. As a result of the above however I make sure I shut my traphole when I'm in pugs to not annoy others. Which is also the reason for this topic, to see if it's really "this bad" when it comes to girls and their reputation or if I should proceed with being quiet in my corner!
    I'm not annoyed by a female voice on vent. I'm annoyed by sexism and other bigotry on vent or in chat. Someone's proclivity towards scapegoating has more to do with their ability (and unpleasantness) than their piping does.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think " hmm a vagina, wonder if it can play good so we don't have to replace it with some dick "
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    Spent most of my time raiding in a 10'man' group that had 4 to 5 girls, really no different lol
    Unless they're doing something to be particularly annoying, but there's just as many guys who do so as well.
    The truth.

I find it a bit strange how a number of people are quick to bash female players for this or that. When in reality, their male counterparts do the same thing, and more often than not in greater numbers (because there's more of them playing, pretty sure the ratio of good/bad, nice/annoying, is mostly the same within each group).

Personally I've seen it all. Good male players, bad male players. Dramatic male players, quiet male players. Good female players, bad female players, dramatic female players... normal female players.

Don't make any damn difference.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

I find this post sexist. Why should a "girl gamer' be any different then a male gamer? We are people, we play games, just because I don't have a penis does not mean I will play worse then you.

Well, I AM female, and my normal raid group I've run with for the past 2 years or so always has 2-4 other females in it (all of whom were competent players...or we wouldn't have raided with them that long, male or female). So it's really no different than a male voice to me...I hear plenty of both. As a result, I am always surprised when I join vent (usually it's when my group of IRL friends for RBGs brings in a pug or two) and someone makes a big deal out of it. And it's almost always, "Oh, a girl. The 1%. Do you have a boyfriend? Are you hot?" So original and amusing...:S

A female voice can be pleasing to the ear, sometimes, but otherwise it's a raid. You're there to kill bosses and as long as any person does a decent job it doesn't matter if they're male or female.

10+ Year Old Account
    towards her, I'd feel nothing.

If she's bad, I'll kick her, if she's good she can stay.

However if she's bad and I'm going to kick her, you can bet that there will be drama involved because "omg she's a girl!!11" <_<

Deleted
    Whn I hear a girl in a pug raid, I always silently pray that the guys in the pug behave.

And by behave I mean "behave normally", not trying to impress the girl by pulling lame jokes, or being witty or generally just trying to be someone they aren't.

Me, I treat people all the same, no matter if they have dongs or not.

I don't mind it, though depending on the IQ of the other group members it could be cause for aggravation.

I'm a girl myself so i don't care.

Deleted
    What do I think? "Oh great, horny nerds hitting on her and kissin' her ass."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing? I think, "that's another raid member. Hope they do their job and get me lewts."

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The first thing I think is... "Oh God, here come the little boys..."
    Then nothing really. My GM is of the lady face persuasion. I find most of the female WoW players I know are better than the guys.
    I've never found much correlation between gender and raid performance. I've found approximately the same distribution of skill among the genders ... most are between sub-par and fairly good, and a tiny few are unbelievably terrible and a tiny few are really good to great.

But, just to be perfectly honest about my own anecdotal experience (which I am not in any way saying can be generalized across the entire raiding population), it's more likely for raiders/guilds to be more tolerant of sub-par performance from females than they would be for males, giving the females less incentive to improve ... or to even realize there is any reason to improve or room for improvement.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.