Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Patch 5.1 Hotfix: 11/12/12: Taste For Blood nerf

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Warrior: Taste for Blood now only stacks 1 time versus other players (was 3 times).
    Overnerfed?

Having a multiplier change (nerf) and more stacks would have been a nicer way to put it (see Arcane Mages).
    Last edited by Firebert; 2012-12-12 at 02:31 AM.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy fuck thats a nerf bat to the wars...being a warrior myself, 3 stacks was viable...now only 1? too much

Least it stops the dumb videos so warriors can get actual changes for the better.

Well needed nerf imo.

Having such a massive burst of damage especially off the global cooldown (therefore combined with other strikes) was always going to be unbalanced, stacking up or no stacking up.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just remove it completely.
    Even without it warriors would still be one of the best dps for 3s.

I love being nerfed because every 100th clothy I kill is killed by an RNG half mil damage heroic strike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FeenixUnity View Post
    I love being nerfed because every 100th clothy I kill is killed by an RNG half mil damage heroic strike.
    With Chaos Wave being nerfed as well as Fire Mages, I'm pretty sure Blizzard are trying to remove ridiculous burst regardless of how often it occurs.

Doing 20kDPS consistently is better than doing 19kDPS consistently with a burst of 120k damage once every two minutes. Scale up as appropriate.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure that being an Arms Warrior really needed to be any more boring than it already is to play.

loving blizz, introduce a mechanic that literally everyone during beta says is terrible, then nerf it to the point that it might aswell not exist, they really should have listened to player feedback during beta and arms would have ended up a fun balanced spec.

Wow blizzard is so good at balance, they defend five stacks in pvp for months then take it to 3 then instantly one to essentially erase the mechanic in pvp. I don't play warrior and I agree it was kinda dumb to get 3/4 of your health lopped off in an attack thats not even on GCD, but does this really seem like they know what they are doing?

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't think that Warriors would have minded how they were in Cataclysm, if avoidance and lambs to the slaughter was removed and we got Die By the Sword sooner than we did, as well as like a 1min CD root breaker. Maybe mass Spell Reflect. Maybe.

But that's Blizzard for you man.

Hopefully everything is going to just fall in line so it's not like a nerf, but an adjustment. But even still, it was a lame thing to do without a procrate increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    well they all ready nerfed alot of warrior utility last patch,and now here comes the damage/burst nerfs.cd stacking will be next then you see arms unplayable again,just like in cata. what new ability's/talents in mop of warriors have not been nerfed yet?

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 10:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I honestly don't think that Warriors would have minded how they were in Cataclysm, if avoidance and lambs to the slaughter was removed and we got Die By the Sword sooner than we did, as well as like a 1min CD root breaker. Maybe mass Spell Reflect. Maybe.

But that's Blizzard for you man.

Hopefully everything is going to just fall in line so it's not like a nerf, but an adjustment. But even still, it was a lame thing to do without a procrate increase.

warriors sucked in cata,really bad.blizz will nerf 2nd wind and cd stacking next.making warrior shitty,again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    warriors sucked in cata, really bad.
    Fury was OK near the end.

And what (in your opinion) is a balanced Warrior?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    i doubt it

maybe if burst really gets nerfed and 2 players can't outdps it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    i doubt it

maybe if burst really gets nerfed and 2 players can't outdps it
    if there one thing i learn from my wow playing days,since mid BC.its that every thing and anything warriors get will be nerfed or removed at some point.i cant think of one single ability that warriors have thats not been nerfed.really every from hamstring and HL to MS SR and OP Rage and hit points have been nerfed.hopefully the healing debuff hammers healer hard, because burst healing is just as op'ed and burst damage is atm.

the healing nerf doe snot effect 2ed wind does it?it went from 15% to 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Fury was OK near the end.

And what (in your opinion) is a balanced Warrior?
    no fury was not good near the end. Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    Well needed nerf imo.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    loving blizz, introduce a mechanic that literally everyone during beta says is terrible, then nerf it to the point that it might aswell not exist, they really should have listened to player feedback during beta and arms would have ended up a fun balanced spec.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    They should just remove it completely.
    Just redesign it to increase sustained damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    the healing nerf doe snot effect 2ed wind does it?it went from 15% to 30%.
    Percentage healing isn't affected, to my knowledge.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

if there one thing i learn from my wow playing days,since mid BC.its that every thing and anything warriors get will be nerfed or removed at some point.
    Warrior has always been the class which scales the best with gear upgrades (and especially weapon upgrade). Each time a new tier of raid was released there was a nerf to avoid warriors being overpowered in pve.

Its ridiculous, against any good 3v3 team a warrior never really gets three stacks, then you have to allign it with other cd's (3+5min cd's) which u can then be rooted/cc to kingdom come anyway. I agree warrior damage is bursty at the moment, But dumbing the class down and making it boring will only nerf the class by making people stop playing it.

As far as I remember this is the only first season of an expansion were warriors can stand their ground ( missed alot of cata start).