Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I can imagine that those ppl around legit 2600 rating will get very upset about this.

I know a PR stunt when I see one. It'll take notice off other things and give them the "We work hard, blahblahblah."

You'll get your account back, you served your purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Yea, would make a lot of sense, wintrader getting banned and whining about it on forums, lying that he wasnt wintrading. Sarcasm off.

Hope you get your account restored soon dude, Blizzard should really check who they are banning.
    Hasn't been past 1800...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i would suspect that they, just a theory here, simply banned everyone that the suspected win trading team competed against, or they found that you had the unfortunate accident of playing against one of these teams more than an average amount of times and thus they thought you were part of the win trading scheme.

or its possible theres more to the story than meets the eye. not my position to judge or condemn, either way you should either a) simply open a ticket, explain your situation, and if i were you, ask for a credit for the days you were unable to play due to their error. or b) unsub and in the feedback give a good constructive response as to why youre quitting.

the only way a game company will ever learn is if they see a potential drop in revenue and actually read the feedback. from release of vanilla all the way to about mid way thru BC i was subbed on a monthly plan. there were changes and some non-changes that happened throughout that time that i never agreed with so i decided to instead cancel my monthly billing plan anytime i was unhappy. most of the time i would resubscribe a few days after my account was inactive but there were times when i wouldnt play for a couple of weeks. each time i wrote out a civil constructive paragraph or two as to why i stopped playing their game. did it help? did it make a difference? i dont know, but it was better than not writing anything at all and just continuing to pay for a service i was unhappy with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demec View Post
    I can imagine that those ppl around legit 2600 rating will get very upset about this.
    If you're at 2600, you'll get there again. You can't get and keep a rating like that just by luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    World of Warcraft license name: XXXXX
    Type of Violation: Exploitation
    Category of Violation: Arena Ladder Exploitation
    Characters Involved: One or More

Account Action: Suspension (72 Hours)

Character Action(s):
    - Arena team disbanded
    - Arena achievements gain in Season 12 removed
    - Season 12 PvP gear removed
    - Honor and Conquest points removed

I have not been past 1800 this season and am still in half honor gear.
    I have not participated in a SINGLE win trade.
    .... they have to be fucking kidding me....
    how are they even determining who to ban is i get banned at the middle of the ladder and on a 1200 rated team
    hoping this is just a HUGE mistake and will be corrected quickly.
    If you are truly innocent then I hope get all your stuff back. I will point out that its likely Blizzard got utterly tired of all the QQ about bots and other cheating that they slammed anyone that even appeared that might have been involved in misconduct.

Turns out this is the real 8th Anniversary present.

OP probably queued accidentally against a win-trading team multiple times. Either knowingly or unknowingly it doesn't matter. Blizzard picks out the win-trading offenders, and then checks which teams have being queing against them the most. Then hands out bans to both of them.

Even if the OP is innocent in this, which we will never know, drastic banning measures were completely necessary. The win-trading was done by LOTS of people. Tons of Grand Marshals/High Warlords popping up overnight. Players that just dinged 90 all of a sudden have T2 weapons and super high MMR. Lots of hard-won gladiator players were ready to quit in disgust over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    yea i am reading the forums and A LOT of people are getting fucked this way.
    This also one of the worst times for this since a lot of people come home and have lots of free time to play.
    If i don't get my account back tomorrow i better be getting some free time back or a free mount, this unacceptable for a service i pay monthly for.
    Okay, maybe I misjudged you earlier and thinking you were innocent, tossing a tantrum of this nature makes me wonder 'Why is this person doing this?'

how about I give you a lesson in your 'entitlement',

1. Assuming you paid 15$ a month for your access, one day if not being able to access Wow is worth, $0.50... yep... 50 cents...
    2. You agreed to their TOU, and I would bet that you didn't read it, you just clicked on it, go back and read it.
    3. At best, if you are innocent you are entitled to have your account restored to where it was, and not a damn thing more, free mount? really? Free time? see #1.
    4. I would highly recommend going thru the appropriate channels to resolve this, ie. follow the steps in the email you got.
    5. Public tantrums tend to make folks wonder what you are hiding, no I wont ask what you are hiding though.

hear this happening to people who never arena and only battleground. 3 day suspend in the middle of the week to some obviously low meaningless ratings? It's just to get the mad EU people to think they care about "stuff."

Quote Originally Posted by Haarvald View Post
    Okay, maybe I misjudged you earlier and thinking you were innocent, tossing a tantrum of this nature makes me wonder 'Why is this person doing this?'

how about I give you a lesson in your 'entitlement',

1. Assuming you paid 15$ a month for your access, one day if not being able to access Wow is worth, $0.50... yep... 50 cents...
    2. You agreed to their TOU, and I would bet that you didn't read it, you just clicked on it, go back and read it.
    3. At best, if you are innocent you are entitled to have your account restored to where it was, and not a damn thing more, free mount? really? Free time? see #1.
    4. I would highly recommend going thru the appropriate channels to resolve this, ie. follow the steps in the email you got.
    5. Public tantrums tend to make folks wonder what you are hiding, no I wont ask what you are hiding though.
    well my post was made to be a bit sarcastic.
    I am more just pissed off by the fact that i cannot play over the one big break i have before my semester finals.
    I just dont see why they had to use a chainsaw instead of a scalpel to fix this... but i guess thats blizz for ya.
    Hopefully this gets fixed fast enough for me to get some good playing time during break.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Turns out this is the real 8th Anniversary present.
    I lol'd hard at this

If you are truly innocent then I hope you get it fixed, quickly... follow the information in the email and they should fix you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    Ridiculous, they should introduce a system that dosent allow cheating/reward failure
    Just out of curiosity how would a "solution" to win trading exactly look like ?
    Anyways good luck getting at least the gear back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haarvald View Post
    might have been involved in misconduct.
    Now that would actually be great if it happened to be the case.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You were simply caught in the crossfire OP and nothing more if you truly are Innocent and unfortunately they hit you pretty hard.

Funny part is they will give your gear an what not back but they are not going to give you back the game time you missed out on

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    And WTC got bombed, pentagon had explosives that blew it up from the inside, ionized particles of silver can cure anything from bad breath to cancer, the stars decide our lives and i was going to throw a "your mom" joke in, but i guess that would be too much for your damaged brittle mind.

The short answer to your post is: lol
    Except that you're just babbling and he's actually right...
    I mean watch some of the videos youtube celebs put up, a lot of them aren't really that good, they just have good personalities for the camera, and know a lot of people, heck, take Swifty for example, I enjoy his videos and am a fan, but watching him play I call BS that he can get 2200 without getting carried/win trading, but people like him won't get a ban very often, they will sometimes but quickly unbanned for "accidental ban" just to try and make it look like blizz does more than they do.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    oh i see what you did, went from common business practices with evidence in every bg to conspiracy theories

how about this, go do one fucking BG without a bot. your post is just another THINLY VEILED "blizz can do no wrong and is not like other multi million dollar businesses, they don't lie to us or make mistakes"

doesn't change reality, i'm right, you're offended by 'an attack on blizzard' because you are twisted and identify with them. it's disgusting. be your own person. you're not blizzard. they don't give a fuck about you. stop paying your sub and see if they value you enough to let you play for free.
    I actually rarely see bots in BGs, I guess I'm really lucky, but I haven't seen a bot in over 20 bgs...

10+ Year Old Account
    it just takes 1 member of the team to be exploiting, maybe one of your partners did. Im just glad i gaved up on pvp in this broken season alltogether, did 2 and a half bg since mop launched ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Demec View Post
    There are no legit 2600 rated teams, they're only that high because they queued into wintraders/exploiters who don't belong at that high of a rating, thus getting free rating because there is no challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    didnt ghost crawler say they would no longer punish people for exploiting and take responsibility for poor design/programming? i guess that didnt last long >.>
    I would like to see any proof of this at all. Since im positive you're just making this up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haiimjoe View Post
    I don't know much about this arena exploit but there been a bunch of people getting banned even though they didn't do it.
    Maybe this exploit is so easy to do that you could of done it by mistake?
    There are actually I think, 3 MMR exploits in arenas currently - one of them it could... maybe... be possible to do by accident - but I obviously don't want to expand on how it works lest we get even more exploiters. The penalties they announced for MMR exploiting aren't severe enough, such that I suspect it will actually encourage people to do it now. (The last thing I need to do is tell them how).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter