Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Citrustree View Post
    That doesn't really solve the problem :< What would happen to the vaporized appendix? The substances wouldn't just disappear.
    I imagine you'd have a small cloud of carbon molecules floating inside of you, which would slowly escape over time.

But it's probably quite obvious that I'm not a doctor...

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    "Today, class, we're going to learn about the greed and corruption that caused much pain and suffering in the world during the late 20th and early to mid 21st centuries. Notably was the American system where private corporations were allowed to do what ever they pleased just to make money. Now I know the idea of 'making money' is very alien in today's enlightened society, but you must remember humans then were very primitive."

"But teacher, why would the governments of the world allow such things to happen? Why weren't they protecting their people."

"That's a very good question. You see, back then governments were made up by people who 'ran for office' that were voted upon by the people."

"You mean, there were people other than philosophers, artists and educators that ran countries? Like regular people?"

"That's correct. These "politicians" as they were called were very susceptible to corruption by these private companies."

You get the picture. I needn't go on.
    Last edited by theredviola; 2012-11-22 at 04:10 PM.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully that we advanced technology in an unbelievable rate, ... but it's probably gonna be how much wars we have in such a short time.
    Howay the lads!

10+ Year Old Account
    "Hey, remember World of Warcraft?"
    "Hey, remember when a CPU running 5GHz was a lot?"
    "Hey, remember Blu-ray?"
    "Hey, remember 2D movies?"

Stuff like that, I imagine.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Deleted
    An era of mass education and erudition, surely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably our invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan (I refuse to call it a war)... shamefully as well as the 9/11 Twin towers fall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Probably our invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan (I refuse to call it a war)... shamefully as well as the 9/11 Twin towers fall.
    Those insignificant wars will be a blip on the radar of history, and that's being generous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Those insignificant wars will be a blip on the radar of history, and that's being generous.
    Likely they'll be folded together with many other details in "The Fall of the United States" chapter.